Create A Label: Season 13

(United States of America, North America)

Iggy Azalea goes to Good Morning America

Iggy-Azalea-FME-booking-banner-wb.jpg

Amethyst Kelly, better known as Australian rapper “Iggy Azalea”, thought she had it all when she moved from Sydney, Australia when she was only age 16. Little did she know that the road ahead of her would be rockier then ever. After being signed to Aphrodite Records, home to Swedish pop singer Zara Larsson (known from the “All Night” catastrophe), there were many differences between the label and her. In July 2020, they decided to part ways and Iggy Azalea is finally able to show the world who she really is and what she stands for.

Interview
About her upcoming project:
Iggy:
“The excitement for my upcoming project is high. I have never felt so much artistic freedom as in the past few weeks. I can see the project coming to life right now. It’s almost like you’re in the process of giving birth and you see your child coming out, haha. Everything is coming together now and it makes me insanely proud. Proud of myself, but also proud of all the people that have worked with me on this project. Today, I decided that I might change the EP to an album. I have done a freestyle today, which was really scary, but turned out to be a lot of fun. The freestyle is called “Sixteen in Miami” and will definitely be on the project. I’m experimenting with so many music styles, which is a lot of fun for me. The project is very versatile and I can’t wait for you to listen to it. It will be out this year, that is a guaranteed promise.”

The music video of “Cazador”:
Iggy:
“Right now, we are planning to release the music video for this Friday. My team and Maluma’s team are talking right now about how to mix the video. It was very fun to be working with Maluma. He is such a great dancer. The choreography you saw at my debut performance will be used for the music video as well and he learned the choreography so much faster than I did. I had to do it over and over again and I was so frustrated that I was practicing every night in my hotel room. Now it’s all good, because the choreography is in my head and if you asked me right now to do it, I would totally be able to do it, haha.”

Her debut single “Cazador”
Iggy:
“Honestly, the thought of how it would do on the chars hasn’t slipped my mind for a second. Ofcourse it’s always nice to get some recognition for the hard work that you did, but that’s not what most important to me. The most important thing for me is that people like the song, feel good while listening to it and maybe feel a little bit sexual, attractive, sensual. That’s how I felt during the recording process and I want that for the people who listen to it as well. We will have to wait till next Friday how well it did, but the most important thing is just that people enjoy the song. That’s why I am so happy that it is finally released right now. I was literally counting down the seconds till the official release date and time. We celebrated it and now it’s time to work hard, promote the song and make sure that everybody loves it. That’s the goal in life right now, we will see later what we will do next.”

After the interview, Iggy Azala performs “Cazador” with her dancers. When she’s done, she leaves the stage. The host thanks god and tells everyone some information about the single, most importantly where to buy/stream it .

SABRINA CARPENTER
Singles - $751,667
Albums - $2,374,990
TOTAL - $3,126,657

QUIET MOMENT HEADPHONES 

BILLBOARDS [WEEK 2] - US, UK, SA & AUS - HIGH

Spoiler

aVFCMsJ.jpg

Sabrina Carpenter, one of the biggest rising stars of 2020, has finally released her debut album titled “On My Mind”. Preceded by the multi-platinum top 3 title track & top 20 debut single “Don’t Need You (No More)”, the album was destined to be a success which was proven when it debuted at #2 with over 777k copies in it’s first week.

The album release was also accompanied by the release of “Quiet Moment” as the album’s 3rd single, featuring GRAMMY winning superstar Ariana Grande following Sabrina’s gig as an opening act on Grande’s “Liability Tour”. With the immense selling power of Ariana following her 2 hit eras (”Ariana Grande” & “Liability”) coupled with Sabrina’s growing success and an elaborate Encore partnership, it was no surprise when the single became a smash hit, debuting at #1 with over 839k copies sold.

Now, to continue the single campaign, Ariana and Sabrina have partnered with BOSE to release a unique brand of noise-cancelling headphones. Launched with a commercial at the 54th Annual Super Bowl, the wireless limited-edition headphones have been released for purchase on BOSE’s website as well as in stores.

BILLBOARDS

To help promote the partnership, and by extension the single itself, billboards have been placed to bring awareness to the deal. These commercials would be HIGH priority, meaning they would be seen often across the US, UK, AUS and SA for a TWO WEEK period.

The billboards would be placed on buildings/bus-stops and various other places around large cities to ensure maximum visibility. The billboards would contain images of the headphones as well as the BOSE logo and website address to bring attention to the product and brand, encouraging people to go and purchase the headphones. As well as this, the billboards would feature the cover art as well as Sabrina & Ariana to promote the single and encourage people to stream it on Encore as well as their latest projects, Liability and On My Mind.

COMMERCIALS [WEEK 2] - US, EU, AS - HIGH

Spoiler

KRUrD9i.png

Sabrina Carpenter, one of the biggest rising stars of 2020, has finally released her debut album titled “On My Mind”. Preceded by the multi-platinum top 3 title track & top 20 debut single “Don’t Need You (No More)”, the album was destined to be a success which was proven when it debuted at #2 with over 777k copies in it’s first week.

The album release was also accompanied by the release of “Quiet Moment” as the album’s 3rd single, featuring GRAMMY winning superstar Ariana Grande following Sabrina’s gig as an opening act on Grande’s “Liability Tour”. With the immense selling power of Ariana following her 2 hit eras (”Ariana Grande” & “Liability”) coupled with Sabrina’s growing success and an elaborate Encore partnership, it was no surprise when the single became a smash hit, debuting at #1 with over 839k copies sold.

Now, to continue the single campaign, Ariana and Sabrina have partnered with BOSE to release a unique brand of noise-cancelling headphones. Launched with a commercial at the 54th Annual Super Bowl, the wireless limited-edition headphones have been released for purchase on BOSE’s website as well as in stores.

COMMERCIAL

To help promote the partnership, and by extension the single itself, commercials have been booked to bring awareness to the deal. These commercials would be HIGH priority, meaning they would be played frequently on TV networks across the US, EU and AS for a TWO WEEK period.

Overall, the commercial would be largely similar to that of the Super Bowl. We would see footage of Ariana walking through a busy station, the noise of people walking and chatting clearly becoming too much for her. She would sit on a nearby bench as we see her take a pair of BOSE x Quiet Moment Headphones out of her bag. She would then load up Encore and enter Sabrina’s newest album to play “Quiet Moment”, just as the track begins to play over the commercial. 

The rest of the commercial would show Ariana walking around the station with the headphones on, blocking out the world around her and listening to “Quiet Moment”, as well as various scenes of Sabrina in her bedroom. After closing the doors to her balcony, Sabrina would also press play on “Quiet Moment” as she put on the BOSE x Quiet Moment Headphones. The commercial would cut between clips of Ariana dancing around the station and clips of Sabrina dancing around her room.

Finally, the commercial would cut to an end screen with the headphones and single cover, as Sabrina and Ariana provide a voice over while the track plays in the back. Sabrina would tell people to pick up their BOSE x Quiet Moment headphones in store or on BOSE’s website, as well as to stream their new single “Quiet Moment” on Encore. Ariana would then remind viewers to stream their latest projects, “Liability” & “On My Mind” on Encore now, before the commercial came to an end.

Spoiler

Couldn't remember if we have to post these again for the 2nd week but if so here they are! ari3

JjI1EFf.png

Spoiler

Sabrina Carpenter has made a splash in the music industry ever since her debut back in February. Hot off the heels of plenty of acting gigs, she began to take a turn into her true passion, music. Announcing her career progression in January 2020, she began working on music that would eventually lead to her debut single, “Don’t Need You (No More)” in February of that year.

“Don’t Need You” was a hit, debuting at #23 with over 100,000 copies and climbing up to #16 following a GRAMMYs Pre-Show performance and featuring on a Nintendo commercial, becoming Sabrina’s first Top 20 hit. Sabrina used the platform at the Pre-Show to announce her upcoming debut studio album, “On My Mind”, as well announcing the title track as the 2nd single from the album, which released in April of 2020. “On My Mind” launched with similar success, debuting at #24 on the CAL 100 but becoming Sabrina’s biggest debut week yet. Although it debuted lower than DNYNM, the single had yet to experience it’s wave of success. The single would later peak at #3 on the CAL 100 and has sold over 3 MILLION units to date.

Sabrina released her debut studio album on July 17th 2020 alongside Quiet Moment ft. Ariana Grande as the 3rd official single. The album debuted at #2 with over 777k units sold, becoming one of the biggest opening weeks for a debut album in recent memory. As for “Quiet Moment”, it debuted at #1 with over 839k units sold, becoming her first #1 single and her biggest debut to date. Now, Sabrina comes to chat with us about the album, single and much more!

On promoting Quiet Moment

I’ve had a ton of fun promoting this single honestly! It feels like the most eventful single campaign i’ve done so far honestly. With the video, the performance, the headphone line… it’s quite a lot! It’s great though. In a lot of ways, it can be difficult to keep up an exciting campaign after a single hits its peak, which for this one was really in its first week. Still, we’re doing a lot of exciting stuff with it which is really nice. With On My Mind and even Don’t Need You (No More), it sometimes felt like we were promoting aimlessly. With all this going on, we have a lot more to do and still a lot planned. There’s still a lot to come though, so I hope everyone else is looking forward to it as much as I am!

On working with BOSE

Working with BOSE has been a great experience honestly. I mean, this is the biggest thing I've ever done as an artist so it’s… huge to say the least! I’ve enjoyed it though. Getting to actually see the process of creating the headphones, as well as actually getting to help design the product was a bit of a dream come true actually! I’ve always been an avid user of BOSE headphones so they were the first company to come to mind when pitching this idea. It means I have a new pair of headphones out of it, so I can’t complain! [Laughs] Make sure to go check them out if you haven’t already!

Sabrina Carpenter’s debut album “On My Mind” is available for purchase & streaming, as well as her new single “Quiet Moment” with Ariana Grande (& accompanying music video) and previous singles “On My Mind” & “Don’t Need You (No More)”. BOSE x Quiet Moment Headphones out now.

SABRINA ON CHE TEMPO CHE FA

mu0zBQQ.png

Spoiler

Sabrina Carpenter has made a splash in the music industry ever since her debut back in February. Hot off the heels of plenty of acting gigs, she began to take a turn into her true passion, music. Announcing her career progression in January 2020, she began working on music that would eventually lead to her debut single, “Don’t Need You (No More)” in February of that year.

“Don’t Need You” was a hit, debuting at #23 with over 100,000 copies and climbing up to #16 following a GRAMMYs Pre-Show performance and featuring on a Nintendo commercial, becoming Sabrina’s first Top 20 hit. Sabrina used the platform at the Pre-Show to announce her upcoming debut studio album, “On My Mind”, as well announcing the title track as the 2nd single from the album, which released in April of 2020. “On My Mind” launched with similar success, debuting at #24 on the CAL 100 but becoming Sabrina’s biggest debut week yet. Although it debuted lower than DNYNM, the single had yet to experience it’s wave of success. The single would later peak at #3 on the CAL 100 and has sold over 3 MILLION units to date.

Sabrina released her debut studio album on July 17th 2020 alongside Quiet Moment ft. Ariana Grande as the 3rd official single. The album debuted at #2 with over 777k units sold, becoming one of the biggest opening weeks for a debut album in recent memory. As for “Quiet Moment”, it debuted at #1 with over 839k units sold, becoming her first #1 single and her biggest debut to date. Now, Sabrina comes to chat with us about the album, single and much more!

On Quiet Moment being on the album

I think Quiet Moment is really important to the album honestly. The song is all about taking a moment to yourself in order to reflect and I think the rest of the album follows on from that, you know? From there, it becomes almost like an internal thought process which I love. Sonically, I think it’s also a crucial part. It’s a bit of a lighter sound amongst a lot of darker tones which I think really helps it stand out but also makes the album as a whole more enjoyable to listen to, you know? It’s just such a centerpiece of the album to me in so many ways, I can’t imagine the album without it!

On designing the headphones

Me and Ariana actually had a lot of freedom with designing the headphone line which was nice. BOSE let us be very hands on with it all! Most of the appearance was really taken from the single cover. All of those red tones were taken directly from that to create a sense of consistency which I love! Same idea for all the packaging and all that too. Functionally, BOSE totally gave us a bit of a hand there. [Laughs] We both knew that including noise-cancelling technology was a must since that’s kind of the whole idea behind it, you know? That was the most important part of the design, and all the other features came along with it.

Sabrina Carpenter’s debut album “On My Mind” is available for purchase & streaming, as well as her new single “Quiet Moment” with Ariana Grande (& accompanying music video) and previous singles “On My Mind” & “Don’t Need You (No More)”. BOSE x Quiet Moment Headphones out now.

SABRINA ON HEAT RADIO

gK62jRm.png

Spoiler

On having Ariana on Quiet Moment 

I think I mentioned during one of my Encore listening parties on Twitter that I had a solo demo of the track from back when I intended it to just be my own song. The difference between that and the version we have out now is just insane! Obviously it’s just a demo so it wasn’t completely finished but still. Ariana just adds this whole new energy to the song that really makes it what it is. Listening to the demo is almost boring in comparison! [Laughs] I think the track itself just works better with another artist and, at least in this case, there was no one better than Ariana to bring onto this track.

On working with Ariana on the headphone line

The amount of time me and Ariana have spent working on the tour, the single, the music video, the headphone line… we’re basically a duo at this point! [Laughs] But seriously, it’s been a lot of fun. We both work very similarly in terms of coming up with ideas, so we work through it all quite smoothly and get it done. Of course, we’re not 100% serious all the time and definitely have our fun with it. [Laughs] I’m glad I got to do this with her especially honestly. I’ve never done anything like this in my life before, so having Ariana by my side throughout this whole thing has been such a blessing and I'm so grateful for her!

SABRINA ON RTL LATE NIGHT

SHAWN MENDES

SINGLES
$54,013

ALBUMS
$363,990

TOTAL
$418,003

SHAWNHEADER.jpg
BEAT9251.jpg
BEAT9252.jpg
SHAWNFOOTER1.jpg
SHAWNFOOTER2.jpg

Spoiler

Shawn Mendes has finally unleashed his third studio album Shawn Mendes on the world and it couldn’t feel like a more monumental moment in his career. The album comes fresh off the heels of his biggest critical success to date, The Miami Experiment. and he’s riding high on the momentum gained from that realase. The album has been fronted by one of Shawn’s biggest successes to date, A Question of Time. The single broke several personal records for Shawn and continues to gain traction the longer his promotional tour continues. The album debuted with the second largest opening week for a male artist in history and Shawn’s career could not be looking better. To discuss and promote the music , Shawn has mounted an extensive promotional campaign around the world.

ON RELEASING BITE AS THE SECOND SINGLE:

“What I decided prior to the album’s release is that the singles were going to be chosen by the songs that got the biggest response from audiences. Upon release, there was a lot of conversation that surrounded Bite so it seemed to be the most logical choice. And I have to say I’m glad it got the response that it did. I really love this song and I’ve been wanting to talk about it for awhile. I was fine with Hilary getting her chance to tell her side of the story and go into details about her feelings on the matter, but I knew for a fact that there needed to be a time that I could as well and that’s the opportunity that I’m taking releasing this song as a single. I believe that I’ve got a right to discuss what happened as well and I honestly thing doing that will help me cut the remaining ties that I have to all that negative emotion surrounding the end of our relationship. It’s always a difficult thing to let someone you love go, but to let them go under such crushing circumstances weighs on you a lot longer. Bite isn’t meant to be an attack on her, though. That isn’t what I’m setting out to do, just as she wasn’t setting out to attack me on her album. It’s just to get it all out of my system.”

ON PERFORMING HIS FIRST STADIUM SHOW IN TORONTO:

“The biggest goal that I had for this tour was to get a show booked for a stadium and the best place in my mind to do that was right here at home in Toronto. I’ve been coming to see concerts here since I was a little kid so there’s always been this desire in me to play at the Rogers Centre. It’s such a huge place and every concert I’ve seen there has been so monumental and memorable. I’ve idealized this stadium for such a long time and I don’t even know what to say now that I’m in a position to be taking the stage there. It’s the show I’m most nervous about. I mean, how could I not be? That’s going to be the biggest audience that I’ve ever played for in my life! I’ve been talking with team about documenting it because I really want to have it immortalized in some way. We’ve not got anything really put together concerning that just yet, but we’ll have to see. It’s going to be such a special night and probably the biggest night of my whole career so far, so make sure you get your tickets now!”

SHAWNHEADER.jpg
VRC1.jpg
VRC2.jpg
SHAWNFOOTER1.jpg
SHAWNFOOTER2.jpg

Spoiler

Shawn Mendes has finally unleashed his third studio album Shawn Mendes on the world and it couldn’t feel like a more monumental moment in his career. The album comes fresh off the heels of his biggest critical success to date, The Miami Experiment. and he’s riding high on the momentum gained from that realase. The album has been fronted by one of Shawn’s biggest successes to date, A Question of Time. The single broke several personal records for Shawn and continues to gain traction the longer his promotional tour continues. The album debuted with the second largest opening week for a male artist in history and Shawn’s career could not be looking better. To discuss and promote the music , Shawn has mounted an extensive promotional campaign around the world.

ON IF HILARY HEARD BITE BEFORE IT’S RELEASE:

“She heard bits and pieces of it, but she didn’t hear the whole thing. I wasn’t trying to hide it from her or anything like that, it just wasn’t finished until she was already busy promoting her album and it’s hard to take time out of such a busy schedule unless you’re doing it to rest. I played her parts of it as it got worked on and I explained to her everything that was going to be said in the song. I know that I didn’t really have to but she played Hurt Me for me before it’s release so I wanted to return the favor. I told her way before I ever started actually working on the song that it was going to happen and she said it was fine. She was making an album about us, I was making a song about us, she said that was fair! I did want her to be in the know, though. She came to the studio in Malibu where we were working on the song and I had a long talk with her not just about the song, but about the things that the song discussed. I told her things I hadn’t told her before and we both took a lot from that conversation. I think it made this process a lot easier and I know that on both of our’s parts, releasing this music about what happened was part of that healing process as well.”

ON THE CANADIAN SHOWS OF THE TOUR:

“As of right now, there are three Canadian dates. The first is in Montreal at the Bell Centre, the second is in Quebec City at the Videotron Centre, and the third is the big stadium gig in Toronto at the Rogers Centre. The hope at the moment is that these shows will all sell incredibly well and we’ll be able to add more dates around Canada, maybe second dates in some of these cities. I’m honestly really excited to be doing these shows. I’m excited about the whole tour, but it’s special to be touring around your home country, you know? I’ve played Montreal before and it’s always fantastic there, the fans there are very passionate. I’ve done Toronto of course, but never in the stadium so that’s going to be a really huge moment. And I’ve never played in Quebec City before so that’ll be a really fun new experience for me. I’ve heard a lot of great things about playing there. Make sure to get your tickets for all three of the shows now!”

SHAWNHEADER.jpg
MDS1.jpg
MDS2.jpg
SHAWNFOOTER1.jpg
SHAWNFOOTER2.jpg

Spoiler

ON HIS PURPOSE FOR WRITING BITE:

“The way I’ve best dealt with my issues in the last few years has been writing. Writing songs, writing poems, writing in a journal. Just writing. When Hilary and I’s relationship came to an end the way that it did, I took to that. I wrote in a journal for awhile but I eventually began writing a song. It’s what made the most sense to me because I knew that Hilary was working through her own issues on the subject through her music. Music is the thing that best keeps me together because it’s what I do. It’s my life, most everything I do revolves around my music. Since this breakup had become such a big part of my life, putting it into music was the most logical step for me. I believe strongly in the fact that writing your emotions and thoughts down can be helpful. Sitting there and seeing those words physically come out of you can bring a huge sense of calm over you and that’s what happened with Bite. I was writing to work through all of those complicated feelings that I had on everything. I mean, being cheated on does a number on you and makes you feel and think things about yourself that can be hard to deal with. I’ve dealt with things like that in unhealthy ways in the past, but this was a healthy way of handling it.”

ON BRINGING THE TOUR TO THE ROGERS CENTRE:

“It doesn’t seem real to me that I’m going to be playing a stadium show in a matter of a couple of months. It’s crazy. It really feels like I was playing little amphitheaters just a little while ago. In the initial meetings I had with my team on getting the tour together, the first question I asked was whether or not a stadium show was possible and it seemed to be the question that was on their minds as well. We made our case to Sony and they agreed that it was time to give it a shot so here we are! This whole tour is going to be special, but that night in Toronto is going to be the peak of it, I just know it. How could it not be? I’ve been dreaming of playing the Rogers Centre for years. I saw my first concert there when I was nine years old and ever since I’ve head a dream of stepping out onto a stage there in front of my hometown. This is going to be a night that nobody in attendance is going to forget so make sure to get your tickets now!”

SHAWNHEADER.jpg
TS1.jpg
TS2.jpg
SHAWNFOOTER1.jpg
SHAWNFOOTER2.jpg

Spoiler

ON THE UPCOMING VIDEO FOR BITE:

“Prior to the release of A Question of Time, my team and I spent three weeks in Toronto shooting music videos for five songs on the album. Connor directed them all and I worked on the story for them all. Thankfully, we all had a feeling that Bite was going to connect with audiences when the album came out so that’s one of the videos that we shot. It was the last one that we worked on before we packed it up and it’s probably my favorite one that we did from a story standpoint. I’ve secretly been a fan of those romantic dramas for awhile so I thought it would be cool to make one of those kinds of videos. It’s taken seriously though, it’s not shmaltzy or anything like that, it’s just inspired by those kinds of movies. Connor is of course a genius with a camera so he put together some really incredible visuals for this video and when he showed me the final cut of it, I was really blown away. I think that it’s by far one of my most emotional videos, but it’s also one of my most cathartic. I used the video as an opportunity to really get out everything that I didn’t get out in the song and Connor knew that was what I was aiming to do. It was kind of awkward at first to be working through my last relationship with him but it didn’t last, he knew really early that he was in a position to help out and I think it was a special moment between him and I to get that video made.”

ON THE CANADIAN SHOWS OF THE TOUR:

“I’m always going to come and show love to Canada when I get out on the road. Though I live in New York now, Canada’s always going to be home. I’m never going to skip coming here when I can. Right now we’ve got three shows scheduled in Canada and I’m excited for all of them for different reasons. The stadium show, my first time in Quebec City, returning to one of my favorite places in the world which is Montreal. All of the shows are going to be special. It’s like a homecoming victory lap in a way. Those shows are going to be full of special moments, I’ll have friends and family at every one of them as well. Make sure not to miss out on those amazing moments, get your tickets to the shows now!”