Create A Label: Season 13

GMA-USA.png

Kelly Appears on GMA | Paid | US

Spoiler

Kelly Clarkson has just made her long-awaited comeback to the spotlight. She recently released her second best-selling single yet, “Better Days,” only to step away from the public eye soon after its release. Over the next seven months, silence would follow, and Kelly would retreat to be away with her family for personal reasons yet to be revealed to the general public. She made her arrival back on the scene with a bold new release – “Do You Still Think of Me?”. Despite its modest first showings with its debut, the track went on to be a top ten hit that would sell nearly 3,000,000 copies. “Do You Still Think of Me?” has also become Kelly’s best-selling single ever thus far. 

On February 18th, Kelly released the second single from her upcoming album, Broken Heart Jukebox (due for release this Spring). “Lonely”, a collaboration with music superstar Mariah Carey, was surprise-released. Leading up to its release, the song had been teased throughout the past few weeks – most notably when a snippet of it played in the “Do You Still Think of Me?” music video. After a smashing performance on the GRAMMY Awards stage, the single debuted at #14 on the Hot 100. The song has just recently moved into the top 10 and has already sold over 1.1 million copies so far. 

To promote the song, Kelly sets out on another worldwide promotional campaign that involves TV appearances, performances, radio interviews, TV ads, and more. Today, she gives an interview with Good Morning America to talk about her new single, upcoming album, Broken Heart Jukebox, and new campaign with Microsoft.

Residency at Microsoft Theater

Tickets are now available for my new residency - Broken Heart Jukebox: The Residency! It’s going to be such a great show. We’re even going to be streaming the entire opening night on Microsoft’s website. I want the show to be accessible to everyone everywhere, so that was important for me to make happen. The whole entire show will be a very visual experience. I plan on having a more intimate tour, once we officially start touring this album, that just focuses more on the music than anything else. So I want to really treat the fans to a big production. Plus, it’s a residency, and with not having to plan logistically around the limits of having to take a show on the road, it opens up a lot of fun things we can do. Like, I’ll have a full orchestra the entire residency. It’s something I have always wanted to do on tour, but it’s just a lot to try to plan out and all when it comes to logistics. We’re going to be doing the fan favorite hits, obviously, but the residency will be very focused on the new record. I’ll be doing every single song off it and giving each song its own sort of moment to shine, in a sense. 

Broken Heart Jukebox Pre-Order/Trailer

It’s so exciting that the album is out for pre-order! I’m like a little kid [Laughs]. I have been working on this record for quite some time at this point, so it’s great to just be able to finally say the release date, show the cover, the trailer.. All that. The trailer was a really fun thing for me to get to do. I wanted to make a little moment out of the announcements we were making. I use video content like that a lot on tour and in my performances. I just think it creates a lot of atmosphere around the album, and it helps give people an idea of the tone for the record and all.

“Lonely”

It has been a while since I last got to do a collaboration. Getting to work with Mariah on this song was so refreshing and fun! My last album, I had made it a point to self-pen every song outside of one cover song I did. It was important for me to do that with that record because of everything going on with me at that time. I just needed to make something that was completely me because only I knew best what was going on in my world then. This record, it’s turned out that I have self-penned all of it except for “Lonely”. And “Lonely” would not be what it is without Mariah. No doubt. She brought something to this song that would be lacking and missing if she weren't on it.

Microsoft Campaign
This new campaign with Microsoft has been so much fun, and we are just getting started with it! I did a campaign with Microsoft two years ago, and it was so lovely. We built a great working relationship, and so when we had this idea initially for the campaign it was first just about their new xCloud gaming platform. Which is so amazing and cool. My 13 year-old loves it. But anyway. It started with that, then we just kept adding in all these new and exciting things with it. There are so many things that go along with this campaign. I’m really excited with the New Xbox One X as well. Not only does it enhance games with the new Dolby Atmos sound technology, but it makes for a perfect home theater system.

Micosoft-com-US.png

Kelly Gives Interview with Microsoft.com | Free | US

Spoiler

Kelly Clarkson has just made her long-awaited comeback to the spotlight. She recently released her second best-selling single yet, “Better Days,” only to step away from the public eye soon after its release. Over the next seven months, silence would follow, and Kelly would retreat to be away with her family for personal reasons yet to be revealed to the general public. She made her arrival back on the scene with a bold new release – “Do You Still Think of Me?”. Despite its modest first showings with its debut, the track went on to be a top ten hit that would sell nearly 3,000,000 copies. “Do You Still Think of Me?” has also become Kelly’s best-selling single ever thus far. 

On February 18th, Kelly released the second single from her upcoming album, Broken Heart Jukebox (due for release this Spring). “Lonely”, a collaboration with music superstar Mariah Carey, was surprise-released. Leading up to its release, the song had been teased throughout the past few weeks – most notably when a snippet of it played in the “Do You Still Think of Me?” music video. After a smashing performance on the GRAMMY Awards stage, the single debuted at #14 on the Hot 100. The song has just recently moved into the top 10 and has already sold over 1.1 million copies so far. 

To promote the song, Kelly sets out on another worldwide promotional campaign that involves TV appearances, performances, radio interviews, TV ads, and more. Today, she gives an interview with Microsoft.com to talk about her new single, upcoming album, Broken Heart Jukebox, and new campaign with Microsoft.

New Xbox One X
I really love that I get to be a part of this new console. I think it’s great. The upgrades that Microsoft has made to the processor and storage are things I think all types of gamers will notice improving their experience, as well as the new Dolby Atmos technology. The console not only makes for the best gaming console, but the best home entertainment system as well with its ability to play 4K blu-rays, stream music and movies, and more. The Dolby Atmos technology makes all the difference too with the way it makes audio more immersive.

Broken Heart Jukebox
I know I am repeating myself, but the best way to describe what all this is about is that it’s learning to dance as the tears stream down your face. I did not want this to be another sad record. I refused. So instead I wrote about how, yes, the last couple years of life has had some downs, but it has also had some beautiful ups. And I wanted to write about how I refused to let those downs get the best of me. It sounds a little cliche, but it’s so true for me. There’s a lot of this album that’s about resilience and just letting go. A lot of it is discussed over these upbeat, pop-dance tracks. It’s a sort of juxtaposition that I really wanted to explore. It’s sort of a crying on the dance floor sort of thing [Laughs].

Lonely
I’m so excited for everyone to get to see the video we’ve been working on. I’ve been spending a lot of time on it especially since it was self-directed. This past week I was with the editors trying to get all the right scenes together into an edit that I liked. It’s turned into something really special, and I think the fans are going to really love it - especially with how the video fits with my last music video for “Do You Still Think of Me?”! 

Micosoft-com-US.png

Kelly Chats with MTV | Free | US

Spoiler

To promote the song, Kelly sets out on another worldwide promotional campaign that involves TV appearances, performances, radio interviews, TV ads, and more. Today, she gives an interview with Microsoft.com to talk about her new single, upcoming album, Broken Heart Jukebox, and new campaign with Microsoft.

Broken Heart Jukebox: The Residency
I have never gotten to do a residency before. Since we do not have the tour fully planned out yet, I wanted to do something to hold the fans over. It has been a while since my last tour , so I figured this would be a great way to make up for that until we have plans finalized. The whole show is going to be probably my most visual performances yet. I wanted to take full advantage of this being a residency and pull out the stops. I love this album and these songs so much, I feel like they deserve that too.

“Lonely” Single Choice

This song felt like the right single choice for many reasons, but most of all, it just showcased another side of this record. It’s a pop album through and through, of course, but there are many different influences and sub-genres going on. There’s a whole funk/soul section on this record, and “Lonely” is the song that I felt introduced people to that sound on this record best. The other two songs definitely explore more of the funk and soul sounds. One of them was actually inspired by some of Whitney Houston’s early stuff from her first album.

Working with Microsoft

It has been such a joy to get to work with Microsoft again. We have really developed a great working relationship ever since my first campaign with them back in 2018. They have really opened up the doors for us to do more with this album and new single, so I am really grateful for that. The game we’ve made for xCloud is really neat. It was all inspired by classic adventure games from the 80s and 90s - specifically games like Monkey Island. It’s going to allow the fans to connect with each other and discover some different things related to the album like behind the scenes stuff, demos, unreleased songs, and more as they explore the open world. 

still wondering, could I get my THE RUSH MC acore

2vN6LQW.png

HILARY DUFF ON BEATS 1 | USA

Spoiler

INTERVIEW

Performing at Freedom Festival
Hilary: I’m very grateful and also thankful for been given this huge platform! I went to Freedom last year and it was so cool, I remember loving Ariana and Maluma’s sets and wondered when would it be my time to be up there with the rest and, look at me now! [Laughs] ly really felt amazing and very empowering too. I’m glad this year we also had in the line-up Sabrina and Zendaya, it’s so nice to see rising stars getting the platform to do their stuff and share it with the world... Even though I wouldn’t say Zendaya is a “new artist” [laughs] but she just had such an incredible meteoric rise this past year that I don’t think should be omitted. It was a once in a lifetime experience and I’m grateful, so thank you Lana, and everyone involved in the show! I had a blast. Hopefully, the set will be on Caltube because I wanna see it. [Laughs].

On “Cinnamon Eyes”
Hilary: Working with someone like Brendon was so incredible... I can’t tell you how much I’ve learned! I’ve always been interested in producing and be more involved in the songwriting of the music I make and you know, basically be more into everything I do because I do have some stuff to say. I wasn’t as involved in my music before because of my contract since I had like, to sing songs that were done by someone else but you know, that’s ok and I’m in such a great place now. “Cinnamon” is such a sweet song, we wrote this right after “Hurt Me” and it felt so organic for both of us, we wrote it in like ten minutes! This is the fastest song I’ve ever done and I really love it. It’s definitely one of my favorite songs from “Spellbound”, which is why we wanted it as a second single! I love it. Please give it a listen on Encore!

Her new album “Spellbound”
Hilary: Surreal that the album is coming in two days! I’ve been so busy gearing up for the release. This is such a monumental moment for me because I’ve been sitting on this for almost a year and also, this is the very first album I helped produce! I really can’t wait for this to be out and for everyone to hear. It’s not like, the conventional album at all! I feel like this will bring something new to the table since no one’s doing Country Pop music [laughs] but honestly, my only expectation of this album is that everyone enjoys my music and gives it a try, you know? I was very eager to release this album because I’ve been making empty promises to my fans for years now! [Laughs] and the moment is finally here. “Spellbound” has been for pre-order for a while, so be sure to check it out on iTunes! I performed most of the songs on Freedom so I hope that hyped up everyone nicely [laughs]... Two more days!

2 hours ago, Joanne said:

still wondering, could I get my THE RUSH MC acore

I asked and what @Bleachella said was that we'll get it taken care of once everything gets sorted out. The hosts are working on a final few behind the scenes things and then we can get all of that handled and sorted out. 

SHAWNHEADER.jpg
CBS1-2.jpg
CBS2-2.jpg
SHAWNFOOTER.jpg

Spoiler

Shawn Mendes’ career has been growing seemingly daily over the last year. Riding the momentum, he was able to take major strides for a newer artist. Not content to repeat the same formula, Shawn completely changed his style for an EP which brought him to new commercial and critical success. Making it clear that he wouldn’t be sitting on the project long, all eyes turned to what was next. And now, here we are. Shawn has given the world his new single, A Question of Time, which acts as the lead single from his forthcoming album. To share more on the song and the impending era, Shawn has embarked on a worldwide promotional tour.

ON CONNOR DIRECTING A QUESTION OF TIME’S VIDEO:

“I’ve been directing my music videos since Mysterious Skin, so I’ve gotten comfortable in that position. But this time around, I wanted a change of pace. Connor is a photographer and a videoographer. When we were in high school, he was all the time making short films, making videos for the school, photographing events. He’s not only got experience, but it’s what he loves to do, it’s his dream. He’s worked as my official photographer and videographer since the beginning of my career, I know how talented he is. I asked him if he wanted to do the videos for this album and I was glad to see how enthusiastic he was about. A Question of Time’s video concept is one I’ve been working on for awhile and I knew that it wasn’t going to be easy or quick to bring that concept to life. But he handled it beautifully. He has a very confident approach to blocking and framing and that confidence absolutely comes out in the video. It’s without question the most beautiful video I’ve had in terms of visuals and plot. I can’t wait to show it to the world on Friday!”

ON ANNOUNCING HIS SELF-TITLED THIRD ALBUM:

“There’s absolutely no turning back now! This is honestly the most nerve wracking part of the album process. The time between telling the world it’s done and it’s coming and it’s release is a time where you start to return to the album and question everyting, play all of the different potential scenarios in your head of how it may turn out. It’s the best kind of nervous. I’m confident in this music and I’m confident that people are going to love it more than they have loved anything I’ve ever done. It feels real to me now. Like having the cover be public, have the release date be known to everyone, to have it open for pre-order, it’s like preparing to send your child to their first day of school. It’s all so exciting.”

ON MUSIC HE’S LOOKING FORWARD TO:

“The calendar is stacked for the next couple of months. There’s so many artists about to blow us away. Kelly Clarkson is about to release her best album, I feel that in my bones. It’s been so long since we’ve gotten to hold a Kelly album in our hands so this is going to be amazing. Frank Ocean is coming as well which I’m thrilled for. He never dissappoints when he releases something and I’m positive this is going to be something special. Hilary is releasing this week as well which is awesome. I know how hard she’s worked on this album, I can’t wait to hear it.”

SHAWNHEADER.jpg
1LITTLE.jpg
2LITTLE.jpg
SHAWNFOOTER.jpg

Spoiler

Shawn Mendes’ career has been growing seemingly daily over the last year. Riding the momentum, he was able to take major strides for a newer artist. Not content to repeat the same formula, Shawn completely changed his style for an EP which brought him to new commercial and critical success. Making it clear that he wouldn’t be sitting on the project long, all eyes turned to what was next. And now, here we are. Shawn has given the world his new single, A Question of Time, which acts as the lead single from his forthcoming album. To share more on the song and the impending era, Shawn has embarked on a worldwide promotional tour.

ON HOW HE THINKS A QUESTION OF TIME WILL DO ON THE CHARTS:

“It’s hard to guess, really. You never know what’s going to happen. This business moves fast, things will surprise you and people will surprise you. It’s important to remember that this is a business and success is the name of the game so there’s tons of people vying for that spot at the top every week. I think on a competative level, the rollout of A Question of Time has been the most extensive I’ve undertaken. We had to fight so hard to get this single released so my team and I decided we weren’t going to waste that victory. I’m confident that the song will do well when we see the charts at the end of the week. I’ve set a goal for myself and we’ll see if I meet it. Even if the song doesn’t end up number one, I think that it’s got potential to be my best debut yet. I know the fans are really pumped to see what happens, I’m excited to. Whatever happens though, I’m just happy to have the song out.”

ON WHY THE NEW ALBUM IS SELF-TITLED:

“I’m sure there’s going to be people that think it’s uncreative, but I genuinely couldn’t think of anything that fit this project better. As I’ve mentioned in the past, I had a hand in every aspect of this album’s creation. I’m the sole writer and composer of the music and lyrics, my collaborator Landon and I are the sole producers, console technicians, mixers, and engineers on the album…not a single other person that he and I did production. I conceptualized the photoshoot, oversaw the selection of the cover and booklet images, planned out the eco friendly packaging options. And beyond all that, these songs are so incredibly personal, so autobiographical that it’s what made the most sense. I couldn’t imagine this album carrying any other title. It’s very much a part of me. It’s a part of me that’s going to be going home with people when it gets released. That’s why I went with my name as the title.”

ON HIS WORK ETHIC:

“My parents instilled in me from a young age that if you want something, you’ve got to put the time and the effort in to get what you want. Nothing gets handed to you in life. I watched my parents work hard all day every day growing up, and I still do. I’m lucky that I’ve been able to take after them in that respect. My life is what I always dreamed for it to be so I don’t really feel like this is work. This is what I live and breathe for. I don’t have a problem getting up at 7 AM and not stopping untl 11 PM because this is the dream. It’s exhausting, sure, but I do genuinely love it. And having a love for what you do is the best motivator to have a strong work ethic.”