Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

StrippedX

Do you really hate the artists you "hate"?

Let me explain ari8

So, we all have our faves and we defend them to death etc. I'm usually not one to hate on other artists even online, but if I ever am, it's probably gonna be Britney or Taylor or someone... Not really because of the artists themselves but more because of their fans kii1 

So, how do y'all feel? Because in real life I shamelessly bop to Britney and I would even defend her irl if someone came for her. I'm MOSTLY interested in Xtina haters obviously.

Speak up. ari2

“hate” is a strong word.. so ill put it in quotation marks

but the only one i truly “hate” is madonna, and thats because i TRULY dislike her music/voice 

another artist i “hate” is nicki but i still bop to a lot of her songs.. shes an insufferable human being but bitch has bops eve1 

all other artist i ever “hate” on, its usually just to defend a fav (eg: when @Simón. comes for gaga and forces me to drag rih ny3 )

2 minutes ago, Snow said:

I have a few that I dislike, that's all. If you genuinely have hatred for someone you don't even know personally, you should probably get help tbh.

This. It's so funny how people hate on someone's person when they actually just don't like their WORK

Well I do hate-hate Poppy, Cardi B, etc. cause I think they're awful people who do awful things and don't deserve the platforms they've been given; I don't actually hate Gaga, Xtina, etc etc though, that's just basic annoyance eve1

4 hours ago, StrippedX said:

This. It's so funny how people hate on someone's person when they actually just don't like their WORK

What about when its not their work, but they just stole it as they're a fraud...

I wouldn't say I hate any "artists" even if they're a fraud, but there's certainly a strong dislike. 

I try to not say "hate" because it's a strong word and it also means that I care for that person, so I just say that I "strongly dislike" and avoid any visual or audio contact with that person or its name/work. I try to pretend that it doesn't even exists and my friends avoid to mention it because they understand my reasons, which are bigger than just music or stan wars.

With Gaga it's similar. I don't think she's that horrible but the way her fans think she's the next coming of Christ just irks me and that spills over into me trashing Gaga herself ari9

Who is kinda horrible ngl ari9 But I do live when she does something good, so... ari7

I think the only person in the music industry I could've reached to hate is Tommy Mottola. People come for Jlo for the whole Mariah thing (and I do too) but forget that Tommy is the one that manifactured all of it 

33 minutes ago, rhi said:

I think the only person in the music industry I could've reached to hate is Tommy Mottola. People come for Jlo for the whole Mariah thing (and I do too) but forget that Tommy is the one that manifactured all of it 

I don't know what a JLo is.

Spoiler

but i agree...i

I guess it bothers me more the fact she hasn't said anything about it. It's not just Mariah she stole from.

JLo got big because of her looks, not her talent or lack of.

I sympathise with her because she was basically Tomato Mozzarellas next puppet after Mariah, but then any sympathy i have is lost due to the fact she never spoke about it. Probably because he paid her not to. And as a singer/recording artist she has no talent what so ever. She has the soul and diversity of a domestic fridge freezer.

1 hour ago, I Brings That Levity said:

I don't know what a JLo is.

Hide contents

but i agree...i

I guess it bothers me more the fact she hasn't said anything about it. It's not just Mariah she stole from.

JLo got big because of her looks, not her talent or lack of.

I sympathise with her because she was basically Tomato Mozzarellas next puppet after Mariah, but then any sympathy i have is lost due to the fact she never spoke about it. Probably because he paid her not to. And as a singer/recording artist she has no talent what so ever. She has the soul and diversity of a domestic fridge freezer.

I mean if you were offered what Jlo was offered would you turn it down? And she didn't steal those songs outright, Diddy and Mottola stole them for her. They're just as guilty if not more and nobody talks about them.

11 hours ago, I Brings That Levity said:

What about when its not their work, but they just stole it as they're a fraud...

I wouldn't say I hate any "artists" even if they're a fraud, but there's certainly a strong dislike. 

Who stole what from who? ari7

39 minutes ago, rhi said:

I mean if you were offered what Jlo was offered would you turn it down? And she didn't steal those songs outright, Diddy and Mottola stole them for her. They're just as guilty if not more and nobody talks about them.

At the end of the day it's still her name on the cover and she still goes out on stage lip-syncing to other peoples vocals.

15 minutes ago, StrippedX said:

Who stole what from who? ari7

Basically almost her whole discography prior to 2007 is stolen in some form. Much of the songs have uncredited lead vocals from other singers or were stolen from lesser known artists, for example most of the I'm Real (Murder Remix) is sang by Ashanti not JLo, while that remix itself is a rip off of Mariah's "If We" from her Glitter album (Ja Rule is in part to blame here though). There's many other cases though, you name a hit song from any of her first 4 albums and it probably wasn't at all sung by her...

I don't even dislike anyone that strongly anymore, but when I was younger and really into stan wars and stuff the dislike was very real. Like, I couldn't stand Xtina, Madonna and Gaga for example, but it was because of their fans as much as their music/voices.. Still don't like them (except some old Gaga music), but I don't really think of them or get bothered by them like before.

10 hours ago, I Brings That Levity said:

At the end of the day it's still her name on the cover and she still goes out on stage lip-syncing to other peoples vocals.

A Britney stan getting brave rip2

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.