Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

poSLAYtions

Your Ranking of Her Albums

Ariana Grande-Butera has a lot of music. What is your ranking of her discography? Mine is this:

1. Christmas & Chill (you're not ready for this discussion, I see)

2. Thank U, Next (it can be very annoying after a lot of listening, but remains a charming addition to her discography)

3. Sweetener (no, it's not her worst album, it's just that her vocal delivery didn't match some of these quirky R&B productions, but hey it's alright if you don't really like it)

4. Dangerous Woman (some songs are dangerous, some tried to be, but the rest [Everyday] is just pure schlock)

5. Yours Truly (a much better album than My Everything, fight me about it)

6. My Everything (her E=MC2 moment, strong singles but teen-y bop-y)

7. That first Christmas EP (cute)

Do it, I'm bored.

1) Dangerous Woman

2) thank u, next

3) My Everything

4) sweetener

5) Yours Truly

6) Christmas & Chill

But I love all albums ofcourse wub1 

1. Sweetener (This is #1 for get well soon alone but with the other tracks? whew a masterpiece! The singles for the album were impeccable, with 3 of the best songs of her entire career. Sweetener seems to be really divisive and I guess I can see why? For me, even the tracks that are considered the lower end of the album are still a ton of fun and sound great. Sure, borderline and TLIC don't really hold a candle to some of her other work but I wouldn't consider them bad by any means! This is my most played album of all time and I can see it staying that way. I constantly go back to this album, and I can see why every time.)

2. Dangerous Woman (imo her most solid album! For me it doesn't have the same highs as Sweetener but looking through the tracklist I don't really see a low point of the album. Really strong singles (pretending that Everyday was not a single!) but also has incredibly strong album tracks, arguably her best. Greedy and Touch It are for sure some of my picks for the best songs in her career! The album just has a consistency in it that I don't feel in the rest of her albums. )

3. thank u, next (Was easily my #1 when it first released! Again, it's a really solid album but for me it hasn't aged as well as some of her other efforts and I don't find myself going back to it very often. It's still great and is probably her most successful era, so we stan it for that! TUN doesn't have any songs that stand out to me as the best or worst in her career or anything like that, it's all just kind of there and that just goes to show the quality in her work that even some of the amazing tracks in TUN aren't necessarily her strongest. Similarly to DW, a very consistent album all the way through and probably her most cohesive.)

4. Yours Truly (Ughhh I really wanted to put this higher but I just can't. To me, YT gets it really right in some places (HA, TH, Daydreamin especially imo!) and misses the mark in others (cough Popular Song). I loved what she was doing with it and the songs I mentioned are some of my all-time favourites from her, but as a complete album I don't think I can put it any higher than this!)

5. My Everything (Something had to be last! Outside of the singles (which aren't even some of the strongest in her career imo), I don't feel like there's much more holding this album up tbh. Why Try is the exception to me (even if she finds it boring???) but other than that there isn't much that stands out to me. The whole album kind of feels like they made a bunch of potential Top 10 hits, stuck them in an album together and released the best ones as singles. That's not a bad thing per say and without this album she may have had a very different career so I love it for that, but it definitely leaves it on the weaker end of her discography for me!)

I didn't rate the Christmas EPs because I find it really difficult to compare them to her full length studio albums ari7

But I will say Christmas & Chill is a masterpiece and Christmas Kisses is cute too! ari5

"SOMETHING 'BOUT YAAAAAAAAAAAAAA MAKES ME FEEL LIKE A DANGEROUS WOMAN-YEAH!!!!!"

Every time I listened to Dangerous Woman (the song), I'm just left in the dark about this "something" that she sang about. What is it? Must be the good stroke of that professional dick.

21 hours ago, Divine said:

1. Dangerous Woman

2. Sweetener

3. thank u, next

4. My Everything

5. Yours Truly

all of them amazing don’t get it twisted orangu1 

I thought you once said ME was your all time fave album? ari7  What happened girl?

19 hours ago, Tama said:

"SOMETHING 'BOUT YAAAAAAAAAAAAAA MAKES ME FEEL LIKE A DANGEROUS WOMAN-YEAH!!!!!"

Every time I listened to Dangerous Woman (the song), I'm just left in the dark about this "something" that she sang about. What is it? Must be the good stroke of that professional dick.

brit8 

Just now, Royalty said:

I thought you once said ME was your all time fave album? ari7  What happened girl?

it was mostly to troll and to cause a controversy in order to get the section some posts! by why do that when I can now claim Sweetener is her best now or something even more controversial! juicy1   

Just now, Divine said:

it was mostly to troll and to cause a controversy in order to get the section some posts! by why do that when I can now claim Sweetener is her best now or something even more controversial! juicy1   

The most controversial queen of us all ugh ari7 the upgrade though because Dangerous Woman IS her best album ari7 

1 minute ago, Royalty said:

The most controversial queen of us all ugh ari7 the upgrade though because Dangerous Woman IS her best album ari7 

DW, TUN, and Sweetener shift depending on the day/mood tbh but DW is the one that I can go back to more often so it's a main server ari7 

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.