Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

poSLAYtions

Your Ranking of Her Albums

The top 3 changes order a lot. Tbh, ME was her biggest album for me. I listened to songs off it A LOT and for months after the release. SWT and DW have some of my favorite tracks by her but there's more filler for me. While the highs on both SWT and DW are better than ME, I don't skip a single track on ME.

So my ranking:

1. My Everything

2. Sweetener

3. Dangerous Woman

4. Thank U Next

5. Yours Truly

Honestly all 5 of her albums are fantastic and I still bop to them all. 

Dangerous Woman
thank u, next
My Everything
Yours Truly
Christmas & Chill
sweetener

shittener is absolute trash but no one's ready for THAT conversation
should've just turned it into a 6-track EP with NTLTC, GIAW, breathin, R.E.M, better off & gws 
ban pharrell and his dumb hat from ever touching anyone's music again

204293334_alvaro1.gif.04e3b7d1b0a6597231f7d72546df3288.gif

I've changed my mind for this old-ass thread. With the release of Positions, it needs to be updated don't ya think? whit2

My current rank is this:

1. thank u, next - It's not only objectively her most consistent album from front to rear, it's also her most important LP to date. Without this album, her current status as a high ranking pop diva wouldn't have existed. Back to back number one hits, pretty difficult to get...unless Vespa bought that for ya but let me NOT!

2. Sweetener - Oh, how I remember the debates and heated arguments regarding this one. It's still my personal favorite from her simply for the facts that it's flavored generously and the tunes largely banged hard. A great achievement, honestly.

3. Yours Truly - Yeah, kinda goes backward this time. This album still sounds as immaculate as I had first listened to it. It's very girly but it's really good. The fact that she also produced her vocals mostly by herself on her debut album spoke a lot about her talent as a singer. I actually miss this type of sounds from her, but of course it would be dumb of me to expect a woman that she is now to still make music for teenagers.

4. Positions - I've come around to this one. It's a decent album. It's not fully R&B but it's there in droplet dosages. I love the second half of this one. Very good.

5. My Everything - Right. I know that most people would shame me for preferring this album more than that other one, but seriously the hits on this LP are bulletproof! The 'deep' cuts are also as good. I mean, what more can I say? It's a good, albeit messy, sophomore effort from Ms. Grande.

6. Dangerous Woman - Eat shit. The second half is much better than the first half. I think I need to clean my ears because even Into You sounds meh to me today. I mean, nothing in here is aggressively bad, except for Everyday which I can still kinda bop along to for its beats only, but this album has become somewhat of a curse on Ariana's career as many of her fans still want her to revisit this "pure pop goddess of pop!!!!" sound. Once again, eat shit, and by that I mean shove Greedy down your throat.

What about yours? lana7

Btw, yes, I don't include ha supposedly sexy Christmas & Chill EP anymore. It's just unfair.

On 5/4/2020 at 5:08 PM, Teenage Wet Dream said:

The top 3 changes order a lot. Tbh, ME was her biggest album for me. I listened to songs off it A LOT and for months after the release. SWT and DW have some of my favorite tracks by her but there's more filler for me. While the highs on both SWT and DW are better than ME, I don't skip a single track on ME.

So my ranking:

1. My Everything

2. Sweetener

3. Dangerous Woman

4. Thank U Next

5. Yours Truly

Honestly all 5 of her albums are fantastic and I still bop to them all. 

A few changes:

1. Sweetener 

2. Thank U Next

3. Dangerous Woman

4. My Everything

5. Positions

6. Yours Truly

All are amazing - I go back and forth between Positions and ME's placements but both are solid 

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.