Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Freaky Prince

Forbes writes an article on "Sour Candy"

Lady Gaga And Blackpink’s New Song May Be The Biggest Collaboration Between Korean And Western Stars Yet

960x0.jpg?fit=scale

Titled “Sour Candy,” the Chromatica track that features Korean girl group Blackpink isn’t just a big move for the quartet, it is the most high-profile collaboration between a Western act and a Korean group yet, and it’s a surefire sign that the two industries are coming closer and closer together.

Gaga is certainly not the first Western pop musician to team up with a well-known figure from South Korea, but she is the biggest and most popular artist to search for a partner in the Asian nation. It usually goes the other way around, with Korean favorites recruiting American and British stars for features, which typically helps both acts.

------------

Halsey and Sia are certainly massively popular, but their careers don’t yet compare to Gaga’s, who is already one of the most influential and successful female pop singers of all time. The 11-time Grammy winner and Oscar champion is about as big as it gets in pop these days, and Blackpink being featured on her new album is a major push forward for them and all Korean acts.

While it hasn’t been released yet, “Sour Candy” may already be one of the most highly-anticipated tracks of Gaga’s career, and certainly of Blackpink’s. There’s no word yet on when anyone will be able to hear what could be a dance floor filler, as the woman behind Chromatica hasn’t revealed when the set will be available in full. It will absolutely be a huge and important moment for all K-pop musicians and fans when it does finally appear, and it could very well go on to become the biggest hit of the girl group’s time together here in the United States.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/hughmcintyre/2020/04/23/lady-gaga-and-blackpinks-new-song-may-be-the-biggest-collaboration-between-korean-and-western-stars-yet/#450d369817fd

I’m super hyped for this now oprah15

3 minutes ago, Earth Ripper said:

It is a really special collaboration indeed. But it is kinda funny to me that Forbes is missing the fact that Gaga is the one who also needs them, to look young and cool again mad13

source.gif

4 minutes ago, Earth Ripper said:

It is a really special collaboration indeed. But it is kinda funny to me that Forbes is missing the fact that Gaga is the one who also needs them, to look young and cool again mad13

Gaga has always shown signs of being inti KPop and she is the first to have a Kpop act as a feature, minus Dua oprah15

1 minute ago, Fletch said:

I’m super hyped for this now oprah15

source.gif

No shade. I'm happy she's doing it. She's been pushing herself into a traditional pop singer box for over 5 years now. It's time to shake things up and let the world know she's still pushing forward as a pop visionary rose1

1 minute ago, Freaky Prince said:

Gaga has always shown signs of being inti KPop and she is the first to have a Kpop act as a feature, minus Dua oprah15

artRAVE was fabulous omg, teaming up with Hatsune and Babymetal I was so thrilled until they announced no opening acts for Europe fall1

2 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

There's another word for "first minus one" nicki5 

My point was that Kiss And Make Up was probably a last minute collab, since theres already a solo version of it without BP.

Gaga has always been into Kpop. She wanted Teddy, BP's producer who was working with 2NE1 at the time on TFM, had Babymetal, Hatsune and Crayon Pop as opening acts and saw Kpop sets at SXSW. So first who actually has a genuine Kpop collab oprah15

48 minutes ago, Freaky Prince said:

My point was that Kiss And Make Up was probably a last minute collab, since theres already a solo version of it without BP.

Gaga has always been into Kpop. She wanted Teddy, BP's producer who was working with 2NE1 at the time on TFM, had Babymetal, Hatsune and Crayon Pop as opening acts and saw Kpop sets at SXSW. So first who actually has a genuine Kpop collab oprah15

I was just busting your balls over the use of "first excepting one" oprah15 

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.