Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Entea

Assassin's Creed Valhalla release date, trailer, gameplay and everything you need to know

It's finally here. We've got our first look at the latest instalment in the Assassin's Creed series, as Assassin's Creed Valhalla breaks cover. Described as "the ultimate Viking fantasy" by one of its lead producers, you'll be able to play the game before 2020 is over. Read on to find out what we know so far...

Spoiler

Assassin's Creed Valhalla release date: This year...

assassin's creed valhalla   female eivor in england

There isn't an exact, precise, clearly-defined Assassin's Creed Valhalla release date for your diaries just yet. But we have the not-quite-as-vague as it looks window of "holiday 2020", based on the first trailer. This sounds like it could mean any time from around Thanksgiving (which will fall on November 26 in 2020) to Christmas – so considerably later than the October release dates that were favoured for the last few games in the series. Unless they're considering a Halloween week release...

Assassin's Creed Valhalla trailer: Brutal battle

assassin's creed valhalla   male eivor in battle

Check out the very top of this article for the first trailer for Assassin's Creed Valhalla. It's quite cinematic and those battles look bloody brutal, if you'll excuse the pun. So unless you have a particularly strong constitution, make sure your stomach's settled before you press play.

Assassin's Creed Valhalla setting

assassin's creed valhalla   female eivor on a longboat

Valhalla starts in the year 873 in England, as the Viking clan at the centre of the story head from Norway to England to seek a new life. Expect plenty of battles between the Vikings and Saxons. The cinematic trailer includes King Alfred the Great, a real historical figure who became King of Wessex in 871 and then King of the Anglo-Saxons in around 886, sending his soldiers into battle against the Vikings.

Assassin's Creed Valhalla gameplay and characters

assassin's creed valhalla

Meet Viking clan leader and seasoned fighter Eivor, the central character in Assassin's Creed Valhalla. It's been confirmed that Eivor will be available to play as a man or as a woman, and lead producer Julien Laferrière told Eurogamer that you will also be able to customise Eivor's appearance to an extent, from tattoos to warpaint. You'll even be able to choose customisation options for your longboat (yep, you get a boat).

assassin's creed valhalla   male eivor customisation options

Magnus Bruun from Netflix's The Last Kingdom and Cecilie Stenspil voice the two versions of Eivor. Cecilie confirmed the news on her Instagram page, sharing a collector's edition figure of her character. Both versions of Eivor will be equally canonical – Assassin's Creed Valhalla's narrative director Darby McDevitt tweeted that "both choices are canon, but we're not going to spoil how we managed that trick until you play the game".

There's also a raven character in Valhalla, which is your guide (a bit like the eagles in previous games), and which was briefly seen in that first trailer. Ravens, of course, have an association with the Norse god Odin in mythology – bringing information to him from all over the world.

Assassin's Creed Valhalla versions and editions: PS4, Xbox One... PS5, Xbox Series X...

Well well well. We know that Assassin's Creed Valhalla will land on PS4, Xbox One, PC and Google Stadia. And it will be an Ubisoft launch title for the next-gen consoles, the PS5 and Xbox Series X.

On May 7, you can expect to see a first look at Valhalla gameplay on the Xbox Series X at Microsoft's showcase of its next-gen console. As for the different editions of the game, there's a standard edition, as you'd expect, and a Gold Edition which comes with a Season Pass on both Xbox One and PS4. Amazon's also got a Limited Edition of the regular game which is available to pre-order on PS4 and Xbox One with some additional digital content.

x

11 minutes ago, Entea said:

I've yet to start playing Odyssey but im perched cry1

One advice: play as Kassandra, not Alexios. You play the same game and story line but Kassandra has more facial expressions and stuff yas2 Odyssey is amazing, I just finished the second DLC and then you get Isu (godlike) powers and that’s so cool. 

I. Am. So. Fucking. Hyped. For. This. Game. You have no idea! I am obsessed with all kinds of mythology and now we finally get to play with the old German mythology, which is so underrated yas2 love that you can play as a male or female, something I would love to see in the older games cry9 

1 minute ago, Royalty said:

One advice: play as Kassandra, not Alexios. You play the same game and story line but Kassandra has more facial expressions and stuff yas2 Odyssey is amazing, I just finished the second DLC and then you get Isu (godlike) powers and that’s so cool. 

I. Am. So. Fucking. Hyped. For. This. Game. You have no idea! I am obsessed with all kinds of mythology and now we finally get to play with the old German mythology, which is so underrated yas2 love that you can play as a male or female, something I would love to see in the older games cry9 

Omg, I didn't know you play games rip4

I tend to go for the hawt males but i'll obey your orders queen giveup1

We stan God of War features yes giveup1

Yes the sexism is so obvious in older games to the point where I don't even think they considered making females a main character rip4

Can't wait for this to take a year to complete as im sure it'll be just as massive in terms of playtime like Origins and Odyssey are giveup1

15 minutes ago, Entea said:

Omg, I didn't know you play games rip4

I tend to go for the hawt males but i'll obey your orders queen giveup1

We stan God of War features yes giveup1

Yes the sexism is so obvious in older games to the point where I don't even think they considered making females a main character rip4

Can't wait for this to take a year to complete as im sure it'll be just as massive in terms of playtime like Origins and Odyssey are giveup1

Yes sis I bought a PS4 like 2 months ago brit16 i have never played Origins is it good?

Do you know any other games where the main protoganist is a female? brit16 

8 minutes ago, Royalty said:

Yes sis I bought a PS4 like 2 months ago brit16 i have never played Origins is it good?

Do you know any other games where the main protoganist is a female? brit16 

Tomb Raider sis brit16 

2 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

Tomb Raider sis brit16 

Yeah someone mentioned that brit16 but which one do I buy? brit16 

7 minutes ago, Royalty said:

Shadow is the most Tomb Raider-y. I'd recommend it or Rise of the Tomb Raider. Both are amazing games imo. Shadow has MUCH better tombs though.

39 minutes ago, Royalty said:

I changed my mind. Play Diablo 3 so we can play together - you have 7 different classes and you can play with female characters too brit13 

1 hour ago, Royalty said:

Horizon Zero Dawn alex1

Oops wrong quote but you get me sis alex1

1 hour ago, Urbanov said:

I changed my mind. Play Diablo 3 so we can play together - you have 7 different classes and you can play with female characters too brit13 

1 hour ago, Entea said:

Horizon Zero Dawn alex1

Oops wrong quote but you get me sis alex1

I will look up those 2 brit16 

54 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

You would love D3 believe me brit13 

I played WoW is it the same?

8 minutes ago, Royalty said:

I played WoW is it the same?

A bit (game from the same studio - Blizzard) It’s a hack n slash though

• Replies 15
  • Created