Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

OhKaren

Will Beyoncé Giselle Carter-Knoweles ever win AOTY?

I’m either eating too many hot Cheetos or I have a feeling in my belly (no I’m not pregnant) that Beyoncé will snatch AOTY with her next album. Will she finally do it? 

No, they will always give her the leftovers called “Best Urban Contemporary Album” though. It’s basically a leftover category for all the talented black artists who will never get an AOTY shrug1 

1 minute ago, Urbanov said:

No, they will always give her the leftovers called “Best Urban Contemporary Album” though. It’s basically a leftover category for all the talented black artists who will never get an AOTY shrug1 

Why the Grammys so racist and ergo predictable? 

Just now, OhKaren said:

Why the Grammys so racist and ergo predictable? 

Idk, just seems like Grammy is happy with rewarding white mediocrity instead of black excellence shrug1 

ny3

i doubt it a bit. even though Lemonade is by far better than 25, at least Adele had the massive sales and generally positive reviews going for her. Self-Titled losing to freaking Beck is, however, a hate crime.

I don't even know at this point tbh. I honestly stopped caring ever since after Self Titled lost to some irrelevant ass artist. I know deep down in my heart that every album she releases is my personal album of the year and that's all that matters to me. 

45 minutes ago, Gabe. said:

ny3

i doubt it a bit. even though Lemonade is by far better than 25, at least Adele had the massive sales and generally positive reviews going for her. Self-Titled losing to freaking Beck is, however, a hate crime.

That was just ridiculous. The only Beck album worthy of that was Odelay. They clearly didn’t want to give it to Beyoncé so they have it to a straight white male with indie cred. 

3 minutes ago, OhKaren said:

That was just ridiculous. The only Beck album worthy of that was Odelay. They clearly didn’t want to give it to Beyoncé so they have it to a straight white male with indie cred. 

i haven't listened to a Beck album nor do i plan to but that's something i've heard a lot of people say... Morning Phase isn't even his best album much like you pointed out so it does make things more frustrating 

50 minutes ago, OhKaren said:

Sea Change* whit2 

I feel like if she comes back with another great album, they'll HAVE to give it to her bey12

the Grammy's credibility have already suffered a lot in the past few years, and Beyonce not receiving AOTY is one of the reasons for that bey12

I think they will if she delivers another Lemonade level classic. Or if the Beyhive make a big enough scene and they do it to con people into watching the show again. 

I'm certain she can make an album as good as Self-Titled or Lemonade, where the issue comes from is the pretty obvious lowkey racism that the Grammy's show when it comes to black artists. She will very easily get the urban album of the year when she does release, but somehow this is seen as enough and lowkey rules her out for the big grammy.

There's also the fact that a lot of people think she doesn't deserve the amount of Grammy's she has when in reality it's because of this segregation going on within the categories that not a lot of people seem willing to talk about tbh.

In the end, Grammy's have been trash for a while and it's up to them if they wanna be credible or not.

although it's unlikely as lemonade and ST are both leagues above the respective albums that lost, i dont think the grammys will snub beyonce a 3rd time if a deserving album is released given that they lose massive credibility every year

1 hour ago, Merryem said:

although it's unlikely as lemonade and ST are both leagues above the respective albums that lost, i dont think the grammys will snub beyonce a 3rd time if a deserving album is released given that they lose massive credibility every year

She probably won't win it because the Grammy committee are a bunch of racist tasteless clowns, but she's good.

I'm glad they got exposed for their biases.

ari3

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.