Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

OhKaren

Is Billie Eillish going to be a 1-album wonder?

Is Billie done after the first album?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Is Billie done after the first album?

• Yes. She’s too white and calculated to succeed going forward
    • No. She has a Hot Topic fan base

9 minutes ago, Gabe. said:

how when she hasn't even peaked yet. clap3

Artists can fade before they peak. Fiona  Apple was at height of fame with Criminal in the 90s but peaked with Fetch the Bolt Cutters 

9 minutes ago, OhKaren said:

Artists can fade before they peak. Fiona  Apple was at height of fame with Criminal in the 90s but peaked with Fetch the Bolt Cutters 

my post was referring to a commercial peak which i thought this thread was about. shrug1

creatively... Billie's debut is an incredibly accomplished body of work as it is and i have little doubt her and Finneas won't top that in the future. the talent in that family is strong and their special bond makes for great material.

1 minute ago, Gabe. said:

my post was referring to a commercial peak which i thought this thread was about. shrug1

creatively... Billie's debut is an incredibly accomplished body of work as it is and i have little doubt her and Finneas won't top that in the future. the talent in that family is strong and their special bond makes for great material.

Oh then. commercially, I think she has peaked and is done. gimmick artists have shorter shelf lives. 

Creatively, she has not. 

6 minutes ago, OhKaren said:

Oh then. commercially, I think she has peaked and is done. gimmick artists have shorter shelf lives. 

Creatively, she has not. 

you do you! brit13

I am already hearing a few of her fans I'm acquainted with say they don't like her because she's "too mainstream" and that even her old music is starting to sound mainstream to them.

I think a lot of these teenage girls that like her are not into popular artists.

No, she’s not and you wish. whit2

And even if her commercial power fades, I believe she’ll still stay around with her huge ass fanbase. Billie has interviews that have more views than certain girls’ music videos. 

I honestly don't think she'll be the huge main pop girl that many expect her to be ellie1 

she'll definitely have success, but I don't think it will be on the level of her debut ellie1 

20 minutes ago, fab said:

I honestly don't think she'll be the huge main pop girl that many expect her to be ellie1 

she'll definitely have success, but I don't think it will be on the level of her debut ellie1 

She’s literally the biggest pop sensation since Lady Gaga and the first to actually send trends. 

You guys are just scared that she, who isn’t what you deem “pop perfection” is the next big thing. Unfortunately, the pop girl as we know it is dead and gone. People are turning to artists who bring something new to table and Billie does that.

11 minutes ago, Madonna said:

She’s literally the biggest pop sensation since Lady Gaga and the first to actually send trends. 

You guys are just scared that she, who isn’t what you deem “pop perfection” is the next big thing. Unfortunately, the pop girl as we know it is dead and gone. People are turning to artists who bring something new to table and Billie does that.

I'm not "scared" sis, in fact I'm very much rooting for Billie Eilish eve1  

I just don't see her getting #1 after #1, but we'll see oprah8 

I don't think she will ever go away. She has established a steady fan base before her debut album even came out. The EP she made before it was widely popular already, I can see her getting another number 1 for sure though.

20 minutes ago, fab said:

I'm not "scared" sis, in fact I'm very much rooting for Billie Eilish eve1  

I just don't see her getting #1 after #1, but we'll see oprah8 

Wasn't talking about you specifically but rather people in general saying "she's over" when she really hasn't shown any sign that she might be. carla1 

No, she's literally too popular & established to just fade away. Her next album flopping is pretty much impossible.

Is she going to be a "main pop girl"? No. She's not even a pop girl to begin with, at least in the traditional sense. But she has a very, very established fanbase and she will continue to have success, even long after her mainstream star has dimmed. Just like Lana, Twenty One Pilots, Panic! at the Disco, Paramore and pretty much all the other artists who had a few hits and have now mostly disappeared from the Top 10, but are still very much a major fixture in their genre. They're not reliant on mainstream fame for success the way traditional pop stars like Katy, Ariana & Bieber are. If anything, Billie is practically set up for life.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.