Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Snow

Ellie Goulding | Brightest Blue | July 17, 2020

8 minutes ago, Snow said:

EXACTLY THOUGH
I really don't get it, like Love Me Like You Do is her biggest hit.. how?
Still Falling For You, a random soundtrack song, was almost a Top 10 hit
Both the US & UK ate up On My Mind & Close to Me and it's like.. omg.. it's cute but it's not good
Meanwhile Lights tanked in the UK and Powerful tanked everywhere
There is no justice in this world

ZpSeQ.gif

LMLYD feels like a classic even if it's a bit basic so we'll let her live juicy1

The Writer got what it deserved though juicy1 Poor Guns & Horses rip1

9 minutes ago, LÉON said:

LMLYD feels like a classic even if it's a bit basic so we'll let her live juicy1

The Writer got what it deserved though juicy1 Poor Guns & Horses rip1

That is very true, I expect it to be spammed at weddings for years to come
Still very basic & bland however, justice for Something In The Way You Move

Guns and Horses looked to be such a hit at the time.. following up Starry Eyed which was (rightfully a hit).. smashing MV.. performances
But it flopped anyways, maybe the GP in general just doesn't deserve better songs than those made by soundcloud rappers

ZpSeQ.gif

2 minutes ago, Snow said:

That is very true, I expect it to be spammed at weddings for years to come
Still very basic & bland however, justice for Something In The Way You Move

Guns and Horses looked to be such a hit at the time.. following up Starry Eyed which was (rightfully a hit).. smashing MV.. performances
But it flopped anyways, maybe the GP in general just doesn't deserve better songs than those made by soundcloud rappers

ZpSeQ.gif

Don't mention rap, gorl, you'll get tasteless members pressed ZpSeQ.gif

I remember being mad when G&H was released because This Love deserved justice lj1 The video is awful sis rip2 People could really get away with making no effort with lewks in the late 00s/early 10s.

Can we also talk about how Burn did not deserve to be her first #1 ZpSeQ.gif

1 hour ago, Snow said:

But let us not forget it was a Top 3 smash in the UK
How? Who knows! The UK is weird, Your Song went #1 but Lights tanked completely

ZpSeQ.gif

Your Song feels like it was a #1, but on checking it actually peaked at #2 ny1

1 minute ago, LÉON said:

Your Song feels like it was a #1, but on checking it actually peaked at #2 ny1

Wait
I checked and it is #2, wtf I thought it was #1
That means Burn was her first UK #1.. which may or may not be more depressing

ZpSeQ.gif

1 minute ago, Snow said:

Wait
I checked and it is #2, wtf I thought it was #1
That means Burn was her first UK #1.. which may or may not be more depressing

ZpSeQ.gif

And it was a Leona Hewsthis cast-off at that ZpSeQ.gif

3 minutes ago, LÉON said:

Don't mention rap, gorl, you'll get tasteless members pressed ZpSeQ.gif

I remember being mad when G&H was released because This Love deserved justice lj1 The video is awful sis rip2 People could really get away with making no effort with lewks in the late 00s/early 10s.

Can we also talk about how Burn did not deserve to be her first #1 ZpSeQ.gif

Oop I see that shade you're throwing with the rap line
Girl the MV for Guns & Horses was pretty good! Obviously it's not up to par compared to videos from now but it was great for it's time
Especially considering Ellie was a no1curr girl with like $150 budget back then
I mean yeah she was awkward in the video but still

And yes I'm glad that Burn went #1 cause it's a #1 for Ellie
But the fact that IT was her #1 is so depressing omg Lights, Starry Eyed, Every Time You Go, Anything Could Happen & Only You deserved

ZpSeQ.gif

2 minutes ago, LÉON said:

And it was a Leona Hewsthis cast-off at that ZpSeQ.gif

Ellie covered the song better and that's the tea
Poor those UK Leona stans that got brave when Ellie released Your Song not wanting their fave's cover to get overshadowed

ZpSeQ.gif

Just now, Snow said:

Oop I see that shade you're throwing with the rap line
Girl the MV for Guns & Horses was pretty good! Obviously it's not up to par compared to videos from now but it was great for it's time
Especially considering Ellie was a no1curr girl with like $150 budget back then
I mean yeah she was awkward in the video but still

And yes I'm glad that Burn went #1 cause it's a #1 for Ellie
But the fact that IT was her #1 is so depressing omg Lights, Starry Eyed, Every Time You Go, Anything Could Happen & Only You deserved

ZpSeQ.gif

The MV makes her look cheaper than £150 rip2 But you're right, I'm probably judging her through the prism of more recent music videos. The UK wasn't here for any of the Lights singles aside from Starry Eyed. Sad ZpSeQ.gif

Haven't heard Only You. Anything Can Happen feels like a moment waiting to happen but it never... happened jj1

1 minute ago, Snow said:

Ellie covered the song better and that's the tea
Poor those UK Leona stans that got brave when Ellie released Your Song not wanting their fave's cover to get overshadowed

ZpSeQ.gif

Wait Leona Hewsthis covered Your Song? ZpSeQ.gif

It's not that good a song, whoever sings it rip1 Even Elnot John ZpSeQ.gif

Anyway, it only smashed because of the iconic pop music manager John Lewis ZpSeQ.gif

3 minutes ago, LÉON said:

The MV makes her look cheaper than £150 rip2 But you're right, I'm probably judging her through the prism of more recent music videos. The UK wasn't here for any of the Lights singles aside from Starry Eyed. Sad ZpSeQ.gif

Haven't heard Only You. Anything Can Happen feels like a moment waiting to happen but it never... happened jj1

SKSKSK I think the quality of the video itself made it look worse than it actually was honestly
The MV overall was quite forgettable but she rented a fog machine and brought it to the middle of a forest and did her thing
I like how that statement also described Ariana's The Light Is Coming MV perfectly

But yes overall I think if filmed with a camera that's actually good the MV would just be fine & on par with the average MVs some girls are releasing now

Anything Could Happen was the lead single of Halcyon, it peaked at #5 or something in the UK 
Only You is also a Halcyon track, give it a listen when you can tbh it's a fan favorite

ZpSeQ.gif

5 minutes ago, LÉON said:

Wait Leona Hewsthis covered Your Song? ZpSeQ.gif

It's not that good a song, whoever sings it rip1 Even Elnot John ZpSeQ.gif

Anyway, it only smashed because of the iconic pop music manager John Lewis ZpSeQ.gif

She did yes
I actually can't remember if it was Smellie stans who attacked Leona stans or the other
Either way there was a bit of scuffle over it

Tbh tho that song is overrated idk why everyone keeps covering it
Even Gaga covered the song, like omg enough already

ZpSeQ.gif

17 minutes ago, Snow said:

SKSKSK I think the quality of the video itself made it look worse than it actually was honestly
The MV overall was quite forgettable but she rented a fog machine and brought it to the middle of a forest and did her thing
I like how that statement also described Ariana's The Light Is Coming MV perfectly

But yes overall I think if filmed with a camera that's actually good the MV would just be fine & on par with the average MVs some girls are releasing now

Anything Could Happen was the lead single of Halcyon, it peaked at #5 or something in the UK 
Only You is also a Halcyon track, give it a listen when you can tbh it's a fan favorite

ZpSeQ.gif

I know ACH was the lead track and hit #5 ZpSeQ.gif It was only Only You that I didn't know, and I don't like it. The noises in the middle trash1

Taking a fog machine into a forest was a very 2010 thing for a lady singer to do. See also: Florence ZpSeQ.gif

14 minutes ago, Snow said:

Found the covers
I don't even remember how either of them sounds like but Ellie's is better and that's the tea

ZpSeQ.gif

Leona being dull and Gags doing her I'm-singing-a-"real"-song voice ny12 @Madonna get her ZpSeQ.gif

13 minutes ago, LÉON said:

I know ACH was the lead track and hit #5 ZpSeQ.gif It was only Only You that I didn't know, and I don't like it. The noises in the middle trash1

Taking a fog machine into a forest was a very 2010 thing for a lady singer to do. See also: Florence 

Oh
Very disappointed you didn't like Only You
And yes Florence queen

ZpSeQ.gif

2 hours ago, Hyun. said:

hate the cover a lot but glad to see the era starting! rip4

SKSKSK did she really delay it dead1 dead1 dead1 

The cover is ATROCIOUS, easily her worst cover, but well.. at least it's coming! I guess! This entire era's rollout has been a mess with the delays, silence and whatnot but at least SOMETHING is coming dead1 

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.