Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Snow

Ellie Goulding | Brightest Blue | July 17, 2020

1 hour ago, Ruthless Love said:

Congratulations!

I’m honestly so thrilled about the possibility of some new moody bops ala Halcyon. That’s when I was ALL about Ellie. oprah2 

6 minutes ago, Hyun. said:

talented brilliant amazing showstopping rose1 i'm obsessed with the title track rn rose1

The ACCLAIM it's getting so far.. I'm SHAKING giveup3 
Like it has a 81 rating on Metacritic which is her highest yet and never seen before considering how fucking BITTER critics are with her usually giveup3 
Excited to listen to it, give me some tracks to watch out for giveup3 

1 minute ago, Snow said:

The ACCLAIM it's getting so far.. I'm SHAKING giveup3 
Like it has a 81 rating on Metacritic which is her highest yet and never seen before considering how fucking BITTER critics are with her usually giveup3 
Excited to listen to it, give me some tracks to watch out for giveup3 

How Deep is Too Deep, Love I'm Given, New Heights, Tides and the title track would be my choices giveup3

the album's pretty new in production for her, you hear that in Start the most tbh, it's like two songs mashed into one collapse giveup3

2 minutes ago, Hyun. said:

How Deep is Too Deep, Love I'm Given, New Heights, Tides and the title track would be my choices giveup3

the album's pretty new in production for her, you hear that in Start the most tbh, it's like two songs mashed into one collapse giveup3

I'm reading SO much acclaim on Love I'm Given, it better not be a random ballad giveup3
Omg her evolution though.. SHAKING giveup3 How would you rank it in your top albums of the year?  giveup3

1 minute ago, Snow said:

I'm reading SO much acclaim on Love I'm Given, it better not be a random ballad giveup3
Omg her evolution though.. SHAKING giveup3 How would you rank it in your top albums of the year?  giveup3

no it's amazing and truly deserves to be the next single! giveup3

i've lost track of my top albums tbh, there's been so many great ones, but this one's up there! consistently good and no real bad songs (i don't claim EG.0) giveup1

12 minutes ago, Hyun. said:

no it's amazing and truly deserves to be the next single! giveup3

i've lost track of my top albums tbh, there's been so many great ones, but this one's up there! consistently good and no real bad songs (i don't claim EG.0) giveup1

Then I will be watching out for it giveup3
Yes I'm gonna pretend the Side B doesn't exist giveup3 would you say it's better than Delirium and Halcyon? giveup3

1 minute ago, Snow said:

Then I will be watching out for it giveup3
Yes I'm gonna pretend the Side B doesn't exist giveup3 would you say it's better than Delirium and Halcyon? giveup3

we all pretend it doesn't exist giveup3 tho Overture is very pretty! sad it's wasted on the tracks that follow it

you know it's always been impossible for me to rank her albums pls giveup3 it definitely feels like a return to Halcyon rather than Delirium tho, much more experimental/electronic midtempos than the straightforward pop bangers Delirium has giveup3

New Heights omg giveup3

This is definitely the opposite of Delirium, all the missing ballads from that album can be found here. I think some of it is a bit boring, but I will probably grow onto this immensely!

edit: I don't think EG.0 is that bad. Close to Me is just so fucking generic, it would be a slay if they switched it with the Red Velvet version.

2 hours ago, Hyun. said:

we all pretend it doesn't exist giveup3 tho Overture is very pretty! sad it's wasted on the tracks that follow it

you know it's always been impossible for me to rank her albums pls giveup3 it definitely feels like a return to Halcyon rather than Delirium tho, much more experimental/electronic midtempos than the straightforward pop bangers Delirium has giveup3

I just listened to Start and I think she should've just like connected Overture to Start as an intro tbh, it's too good to lead into Worry About Me even if they're basically one song giveup3 
But Start was REALLY good! Power is a bit meh now though, maybe I overplayed it giveup3 

I will say.. Flux has really grown on me
On it's own it was really underwhelming and boring but it fits the album so well, like it's actually rather good now that I have the proper mood & headspace
giveup3

Tides is my favorite here by quite a mile.

i'm not feeling most of the tracks yet and i think that Metacritic score might be benefitting from the recent poptimism wave that's been hitting critics but its none of my concern. i feel like the album could grow on me a lot, i just have to be patient. katy3

11 hours ago, Snow said:

I just listened to Start and I think she should've just like connected Overture to Start as an intro tbh, it's too good to lead into Worry About Me even if they're basically one song giveup3 
But Start was REALLY good! Power is a bit meh now though, maybe I overplayed it giveup3 

Start is long enough but yes i see it slaying giveup3 it's a waste of good interlude

10 hours ago, Snow said:

I will say.. Flux has really grown on me
On it's own it was really underwhelming and boring but it fits the album so well, like it's actually rather good now that I have the proper mood & headspace
giveup3

Flux is so much nicer in context with the rest giveup3 i truly don't dislike any song giveup3

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.