Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Snow

Ellie Goulding | Brightest Blue | July 17, 2020

I LOVE Brightest Blue.

EG.0 is cute to bop to in the car but I'm so glad I ordered the boxset that came with two separate discs. I couldn't bare with the EP songs just crashing in it the end. Brightest Blue is such a phenomenal closer. cry8

On 7/19/2020 at 12:33 AM, Gravity said:

I like the first half of this album so much and then from Tides it kinda becomes boring for me. 

But honestly New Heights is so amazing it made me emotional brit2

Power, How deep is too deep, Love I'm given....bops! 

My favs yas2

On 7/22/2020 at 8:54 AM, Max said:

I LOVE Brightest Blue.

EG.0 is cute to bop to in the car but I'm so glad I ordered the boxset that came with two separate discs. I couldn't bare with the EP songs just crashing in it the end. Brightest Blue is such a phenomenal closer. cry8

The album, as a whole, is truly great. I can see why EG.0 got its own side of the album, though.

This year has been so good for pop music already but whew. Brightest Blue is definitely my favorite album of the year.

While I loved it from the beginning, it only ever REALLY clicked over the last weekend. I might even consider it my favorite album by Ellie now. Who would have thought someting would ever come close to Halcyon or even dethrone it? cry8 Definitely not me! cry8

The album debuted at number one on the UK Albums Chart, becoming her third album to achieve this, and her first since 2012's Halcyon.

It debuted at number 29 on the Billboard Albums Chart, becoming her lowest-debuting album to-date; her debut, Lights, debuted at number 129, and subsequently peaked at number 21 in 2011.

Just now, Ruthless Love said:

Love her. This album is really something magical from her.

Yeah, I agree. Even more surprising after Delirium, which felt really uninspired imo.

1 minute ago, Max said:

Yeah, I agree. Even more surprising after Delirium, which felt really uninspired imo.

Delirium felt quite... generic, if I say so myself. Don't get me wrong, it had some strong points, but I do feel like that album was forced, following the success of "Love Me like You Do."

1 minute ago, Ruthless Love said:

Delirium felt quite... generic, if I say so myself. Don't get me wrong, it had some strong points, but I do feel like that album was forced, following the success of "Love Me like You Do."

EXACTLY how I feel. It's by no means a terrible album but yes, generic is the word for it.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.