Jump to content

Ellie Goulding | Brightest Blue | July 17, 2020

Recommended Posts

Where’s the (Bright) Lights appreciation gals?

ZpSeQ.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hylia said:

Where’s the (Bright) Lights appreciation gals?

ZpSeQ.gif

some of her best songwriting is on this album this is tea

ZpSeQ.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hyun. said:

some of her best songwriting is on this album this is tea

ZpSeQ.gif

So you admit it? Lights is her magnum opus?

ZpSeQ.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hylia said:

So you admit it? Lights is her magnum opus?

ZpSeQ.gif

i think they're ALL her magnum opi

ZpSeQ.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ma’s I’m so excited for this. I was worried with the singles in the past few years that she had lost her touch, but she’s clearly got her ducks back in a row. She’s coming to sweep my follicles off the floor.

ZpSeQ.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Hyun. said:

i think they're ALL her magnum opi

ZpSeQ.gif

I think I can’t disagree

ZpSeQ.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Hyun. said:

Halcyon reigns supreme ofc but i have a soft spot for Delirium, i love my simple upbeat pop bops... excited for Brightest Blue bc it seems the entire opposite of that and her slower songs are often fantastic

ZpSeQ.gif

Tea I love Delirium too, I can't lie tbh
Something In The Way You Move will always be a MOMENT, I'm still mad she ignored the song and refused to promote it when it came out

ZpSeQ.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Snow said:

Tea I love Delirium too, I can't lie tbh
Something In The Way You Move will always be a MOMENT, I'm still mad she ignored the song and refused to promote it when it came out

ZpSeQ.gif

it's one of the best pop songs... ever, truly

ZpSeQ.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Hylia said:

Where’s the (Bright) Lights appreciation gals?

ZpSeQ.gif

Oh she's an icon we love her
Just that I've listened to the album so much it's stale for me now, just like 1989 
Lights & Starry Eyed were my first Ellie songs I think, they will always have a special place in my heart

ZpSeQ.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Hylia said:

Ma’s I’m so excited for this. I was worried with the singles in the past few years that she had lost her touch, but she’s clearly got her ducks back in a row. She’s coming to sweep my follicles off the floor.

ZpSeQ.gif

Honestly same, I don't think I truly like any of the droplets.. I kinda liked Sixteen but that's pretty much it
But she's back working with the producers of Lights & Halcyon for this album so this is a step in the right direction

ZpSeQ.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, won't lie, even though I'm excited for this I'm lowkey craving for another EDM collab
All of Ellie's EDM DJ collabs are pure gold.. Outside, Powerful & I Need Your Love? Smash, smash & smash
We will ignore Clean Bandit but yes, I think she should hop on a Marshmello track or something and give us a bop
The new Marshmello x Halsey collab Be Kind sounded like it could fit Ellie 

ZpSeQ.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Hyun. said:

it's one of the best pop songs... ever, truly

ZpSeQ.gif

I've always known you to have impeccable taste when it comes to Ellie 

ZpSeQ.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Snow said:

Also, won't lie, even though I'm excited for this I'm lowkey craving for another EDM collab
All of Ellie's EDM DJ collabs are pure gold.. Outside, Powerful & I Need Your Love? Smash, smash & smash
We will ignore Clean Bandit but yes, I think she should hop on a Marshmello track or something and give us a bop
The new Marshmello x Halsey collab Be Kind sounded like it could fit Ellie 

ZpSeQ.gif

agreed about Be Kind! my issue with the song is Halsey's voice so Ellie would serve

ZpSeQ.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Hyun. said:

i think they're ALL her magnum opi

ZpSeQ.gif

To be fair I don't think she's ever had a 'bad' album
Her discography is consistently good, they just have different sounds

ZpSeQ.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Snow said:

To be fair I don't think she's ever had a 'bad' album
Her discography is consistently good, they just have different sounds

ZpSeQ.gif

the fear i felt about this album being her worst bc of the droplets... knew i should've trusted her to still deliver

ZpSeQ.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hyun. said:

agreed about Be Kind! my issue with the song is Halsey's voice so Ellie would serve

ZpSeQ.gif

Omg I love the song but Halsey's voice started to get annoying after a few listens
The way Halsey sings "wild, wild, wild, yeah", "yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah", etc at the end of the verses is such an Ellie way to sing
It lowkey doesn't fit Halsey's cause she just sounds lowkey whiny

ZpSeQ.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hyun. said:

the fear i felt about this album being her worst bc of the droplets... knew i should've trusted her to still deliver

ZpSeQ.gif

I mean to be fair she WAS heading down the disastrous path for a bit
But it was never really her fault, she doesn't even like Close to Me, her label made her make & release a generic song cause they wanted a hit
It's probably why we got Hate Me, Close to Me, Worry About Me, etc.. not necessarily bad songs, but also not very good either.. they sound lifeless radio fillers

ZpSeQ.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Snow said:

I mean to be fair she WAS heading down the disastrous path for a bit
But it was never really her fault, she doesn't even like Close to Me, her label made her make & release a generic song cause they wanted a hit
It's probably why we got Hate Me, Close to Me, Worry About Me, etc.. not necessarily bad songs, but also not very good either.. they sound lifeless radio fillers

ZpSeQ.gif

how she says it's an "alter ego" that wrote those for the radio, we can really tell! and i'm glad she can as well, i remember her getting preachy about stans letting her do the music she wants to do and stop being negative about it

ZpSeQ.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hyun. said:

how she says it's an "alter ego" that wrote those for the radio, we can really tell! and i'm glad she can as well, i remember her getting preachy about stans letting her do the music she wants to do and stop being negative about it

ZpSeQ.gif

Well those stans had it coming for harassing her about Halcyon 2.0 for like literally 6-7 years straight
But I guess they kinda won in the end cause this album is literally everything that they wanted
They better actually fucking buy the album cause Ellie can NOT miss another #1 debut

ZpSeQ.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What kind of factual replies here, whew. Outside, Powerful, I Need Your Love. Speaking of which, I had moments in life when it was mandatory to listen to Delirium. In full. Which means everything that is attached to that album. Which further means like 25 songs. It is dance-crave everyone needs. Aftertaste, Something In The Way You Move, Keep On Dancing, On My Mind, Around U, Codes, Don't Panic, We Can't Move To This, I Do What I Love... all polished bangers. Quality party.

ZpSeQ.gif

But My Blood is also one of her best. It is so hauntingly beautiful, so picturesque, profoundly bright and dark at the same time. Anything Could Happen is gold as well, but what about stomper Without Your Love? It rides on that pulsative beat so fine. I really got hyped for this new album now as I am with her previous records at the moment.

ZpSeQ.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Browsing now   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×