Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

poSLAYtions

Sweetener Is Still Her Best Album.

After a light-year has passed, Sweetener still remains Ariana Grande's best album. It doesn't have the solid story line that thank u, next contains, however the songs of Sweetener are stronger than any songs of thank u, next. Strip away all of the Pharrell productions (although they sound Phresh Out the Runway.mp3) or the other productions, and the melodies will keep shining. The songs are well written, with exceptions for Sweetener and The Light Is Coming, and the singing is exciting. No forced risqué lyricism, instead the sexy songs felt naturally sexual. Also, Get Well Soon is still her greatest song...after Breathin' brit16.

I cannot say the same for forgotten, next or even Femme Fatale. The songs of next are so minimalist, some songs have forgettable melodies and when a bop like Make Up comes...it immediately comes to an end. Ghostin' is gorgeous when you listen to it, and then you forget about it. The songs of Dangerous Femme are strong but that 2016 production sounds so dated now in 2020 wow...brit3 at least Into You remains a generic bop!

One more thing, I am so tired of people who say that Sweetener is her worst album, worst reviewed album, worst rated album, etc. when in reality the album was praised by everybody. Few per-son-a-li-ties on YouTube who reacted to the album negatively means nothing when the rest of the world actually ALMOST worshiped Sweetener ari5.

4 minutes ago, Tama said:

Also, Get Well Soon is still her greatest song...after Breathin' brit16.

This almost serve! Get Well Soon is superior but they're 2 of her best songs so taste either way. brit16

But yes I 100% agree that Sweetener is her best album! I loved it at first listen and it's just grown on me ever since. The album has so many highlights, and even the lower points on the album still have their qualities. A masterpiece yes! oprah15

It has never been her best and it will never be her best. There are way too many fillers and it sounds like two albums in one. It's literally two obvious singles in a bed of blatantly obvious fillers.

The Light Is Coming, Blazed, Borderline, Get Well Soon (literally her most boring, monotonous and repetitive song ever) Goodnight & Go (a cover)...these are literally bottom-ranking songs in her discography. jj4 Basically anything Pharrell contributed to this album was TRASH. I get her fans feel like this album deserves justice because it's easily overlooked being squeezed between her two most beloved and acclaimed eras.

imagine thinking get well soon is bad....the stench

anyways yes due to her magnum opus, career-defining song get well soon sweetener IS her best album. but mostly because the strong songs are so strong, and with no real weak points other than the atrocious TLIC which should be automatically deleted off of everyone's copy.

dangerous woman is a close 2nd tho!

16 minutes ago, Merryem said:

imagine thinking get well soon is bad....the stench

anyways yes due to her magnum opus, career-defining song get well soon sweetener IS her best album. but mostly because the strong songs are so strong, and with no real weak points other than the atrocious TLIC which should be automatically deleted off of everyone's copy.

dangerous woman is a close 2nd tho!

Imagine thinking that Sweetener deserves justice because it's "between her two most beloved and acclaimed eras" when the Sweetener short era was praised by all human beings on Earth (who pay attention to music and pop culture of course!) as well as Dangerous Woman era and thank u, next era. Ariana is the second biggest pop star of the planet right now (Taylor Swift is still first unless we want to also count Adele brit16 and the third place is occupied by both Billie Eilish and Dua Lipa) largely because of the Sweetener era + album that was the rebound from that terrible Manchester tragedy. People became in deep love for Ariana, even I who used to dislike her so much. When Sweetener was first released, I admit that I couldn't listen to anything because the songs are so different for her. But then....I accepted the gift of a sweetened joy that is Get Well Soonantm1. AMEN.

I never understood why everyone hated Sweetener so much and praised tun tbh, it was pretty enjoyable album, and the more filler-y songs were still definitely fun at least.

thank you, next might have more personal merit because of how much she poured her soul into the lyrics but really Sweetner and thank you, next felt like two parts of the same whole. Sweetener was the light, happy, glossy side of her with this newer sound, and thank you, next was the darker more reflective side of it. But I really don't think they're THAT drastically different to have the opinions be the way they are.

Besides, Sweetener has some career bests on there with the singles

3 minutes ago, Strobo said:

I never understood why everyone hated Sweetener so much and praised tun tbh, it was pretty enjoyable album, and the more filler-y songs were still definitely fun at least.

thank you, next might have more personal merit because of how much she poured her soul into the lyrics but really Sweetner and thank you, next felt like two parts of the same whole. Sweetener was the light, happy, glossy side of her with this newer sound, and thank you, next was the darker more reflective side of it. But I really don't think they're THAT drastically different to have the opinions be the way they are.

Besides, Sweetener has some career bests on there with the singles

I don't understand either. Sweetener is Ariana's most black sounding album, maybe that's why brit16. I have seen plenty of "stans" on the BirdChirps and Blocked!Tube platforms in A-mer-i-kah who hate the album because of Pharrell. Pharrell's not a god, but he is far too experienced to be ridiculed by those stans who can only absorb simple-sounding pop/lite&B songs from anybody. Again, only The Light Is Coming and Sweetener are the bad tracks of this album...and even Sweetener has that sweet sweet melodies before the "get it get it flip it flip it" part. Sweetener songs stripped are still awesome songs, meanwhile thank u, next songs stripped immediately lost their charms because the production was more forward than the songs themselves. Try to sing thank u, next (song) with just a guitar or piano without sounding offensively trite especially for the chorus...ari4

1 minute ago, Tama said:

Are you sure? brit16

Yes. I prefer the album that doesn't sound like Gwen Stefani - The Sweet Escape rejects created in 2005 on a Windows XP computer using a pirated version of Garageband. 

I feel like Sweetner had more... hooks? I guess that's the word I want to use. tun was a lot more vibe-y and lyric driven, but I didn't find it as strong melodically as Sweetener personally.

Overall tun is still the more complete and realized piece of work, but nothing individually (besides maybe the title track) is as strong a pop song as the Sweetener singles.

Just now, Strobo said:

I feel like Sweetner had more... hooks? I guess that's the word I want to use. tun was a lot more vibe-y and lyric driven, but I didn't find it as strong melodically as Sweetener personally.

Overall tun is still the more complete and realized piece of work, but nothing individually (besides maybe the title track) is as strong a pop song as the Sweetener singles.

I'd agree, the issue for me with Sweetener is just the production. It sounded outdated and repetitive rather than fresh and cohesive like tu,n. Sweetener had the better singles (Beathin' & God Is a Woman >>>>) but tu,n was by far the better album as a whole. 

I do still wish Ariana would experiment more though. She's developed her own sound but i fear we're not seeing any artistic growth. 

Thank u, next is a more consistent album and has no bad songs, but the good songs on sweetener stand out WAY above the songs on thank u, next. Sweetener is underrated, I listen to this album on a single base, the only songs I skip are blazed, borderline and the light is coming.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.