Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Moist Megatron

Why Hasn’t Jessie J Had A Hit In 5 Years?

Why hasn’t Jessie J had a hit in 5 years?

not my ex nod GIF by Jessie J

Flashlight was her last hit and it was pretty big and is a remembered track for her so why has she flopped so hard afterwards?

It looks like she hasn’t had a charting single ANYWHERE ever since.

Her voice is incredible and I love her and her music so what is going wrong?

She even released the big dance collaboration Brave and it hasn’t done anything for her.

3W1xWoa_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Jessie J is one of the most talented vocalists of our generation, and a moderately great songwriter.... 

However

She's just not likeable. She comes across as cold and her efforts to be personable just come across as fake and self serving. I think one of the final straws was the drag race stars exposing her for using them as a photo op

She was never that huge though, she only had a small string of hits and never really developed a following. Flashlight wasn't that big of a hit to the GP and Bang Bang mainly got big because of Ariana and Nicki. 

Her last memorable solo song was Domino and that was released 9 years ago...

56 minutes ago, Moist Mahomie said:

Why hasn’t Jessie J had a hit in 5 years?

not my ex nod GIF by Jessie J

Flashlight was her last hit and it was pretty big and is a remembered track for her so why has she flopped so hard afterwards?

It looks like she hasn’t had a charting single ANYWHERE ever since.

Her voice is incredible and I love her and her music so what is going wrong?

She even released the big dance collaboration Brave and it hasn’t done anything for her.

3W1xWoa_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

same thoughts...

I love her! I wish she would do a comeback!

think about that GIF by Jessie J

1 hour ago, Villanelle said:

Jessie J is one of the most talented vocalists of our generation, and a moderately great songwriter.... 

However

She's just not likeable. She comes across as cold and her efforts to be personable just come across as fake and self serving. I think one of the final straws was the drag race stars exposing her for using them as a photo op

This! 

I also feel like she doesn't have any sort of personality. I think she adapts her character to whatever she believes the public wants from her and that makes her seem not only fake but also cringey. I think fans usually fall for an artist when they connect with them and they either share personality traits or the artist has personality traits that the fan might want to see on themselves.

Well considering none of the songs you listed are pop songs, I can see why jj3  

Besides Brave but that song was basic

she was successful for 5 years which is pretty respectable tbh rav1 

although it's definitely surprising how she never even managed to chart in the UK after Flashlight bey8

like usually artists decline gradually but she just fell off like a rock bey8 

She’s the definition of cringe. She tries way too hard to be relevant and likable and the general public sees right through it. Sure she can sing, but that doesn’t mean you have to do it everywhere and so commercially dead2

Tbh I’m glad she hasn’t had a hit recently, I would rather the spotlight go to a girl that’s more deserving ari8

15 hours ago, Moist Mahomie said:

Flashlight was her last hit and it was pretty big and is a remembered track for her

200.gif&f=1&nofb=1

Excuse me?

Her irrelevance set in the moment she signed up to that Chinese talent show rip3

9 hours ago, tomás said:

she's the same as Jazmine Sullivan... great voice, music not so much. (even though i love jazmine's album but it's a biT overproduced)

I haven't thought of this girl for about a decade 592515_original.gif

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.