Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

poSLAYtions

What Is Mariah's Worst Song?

1 minute ago, Tama said:

It's easy for me: Just to Hold You Once Again. It's nothing. A nothing.

What!!! That is my favourite Celine Dion song. 

Definitely Did I Do That?

It's just a genuinely obnoxious song that I'm sure wanted to be tongue-in-cheek, but Mystikal's yelling, an unpleasant minimalist beat, and generally hookless melody gives it no replay value in my eyes. Especially since it's surrounded by two of the best songs on Rainbow!

Edit: You know what song I completely forgot and really could've stayed forgotten? I Don't! Those are probably her worst vocals on a song, it's fairly uninspired trap production and YG contributed absolutely nothing. The interpolation was neat but that's about it.

32 minutes ago, Villanelle said:

Triumphant for sure... When you're a feature on your own song you know shit is bad

The Vintage Throwback Remix fucking slaps though. 

57 minutes ago, Strobo said:

Definitely Did I Do That?

It's just a genuinely obnoxious song that I'm sure wanted to be tongue-in-cheek, but Mystikal's yelling, an unpleasant minimalist beat, and generally hookless melody gives it no replay value in my eyes. Especially since it's surrounded by two of the best songs on Rainbow!

Edit: You know what song I completely forgot and really could've stayed forgotten? I Don't! Those are probably her worst vocals on a song, it's fairly uninspired trap production and YG contributed absolutely nothing. The interpolation was neat but that's about it.

I don't get the hate for Did I Do That. Lyrically it's not that bad of a song, it's just cheesy. Although it doesn't really stand out on the album. 

Spoiler
You were so insecure
And your crew was so immature
Conversations strangely weak
Your were much better off when you didn't speak
But boy to tell you the truth
It was my illusion of you
Being so how destined for me
Got me in the days, but we're not the same
Funny how sometimes
You can really lose your mind
And do things you would never do
Did I do that?
You rhapsodise, you get caught up in the high
Till your senses return to you
Love played you for a fool

6 hours ago, I Brings That Levity said:

I don't get the hate for Did I Do That. Lyrically it's not that bad of a song, it's just cheesy. Although it doesn't really stand out on the album. 

Reveal hidden contents
You were so insecure
And your crew was so immature
Conversations strangely weak
Your were much better off when you didn't speak
But boy to tell you the truth
It was my illusion of you
Being so how destined for me
Got me in the days, but we're not the same
Funny how sometimes
You can really lose your mind
And do things you would never do
Did I do that?
You rhapsodise, you get caught up in the high
Till your senses return to you
Love played you for a fool

Lyrically it's acceptable yeah, but it's the lackluster instrumental, annoying hype man yelling, uninteresting vocal approach and overall lack of a strong melody that makes it unpleasant, at least to me.

I'd still argue I Don't is worse, Infinity sucks too but I low-key kinda like the chorus.

1 minute ago, Strobo said:

Lyrically it's acceptable yeah, but it's the lackluster instrumental, annoying hype man yelling, uninteresting vocal approach and overall lack of a strong melody that makes it unpleasant, at least to me.

I'd still argue I Don't is worse, Infinity sucks too but I low-key kinda like the chorus.

Fair enough.

I like I Don't, but agree about the vocals on it being sloppy, her tone wasn't as nice as it is now either. . 

8 hours ago, tomás said:

Whenever You Call

One of the symptoms of Coronavirus is a lack of taste. 

27 minutes ago, Royale said:

It's one of her best but ok

teA!!!

4 hours ago, Royale said:

It's one of her best but ok

4 hours ago, I Brings That Levity said:

One of the symptoms of Coronavirus is a lack of taste. 

teA!!!

every lamb always says the same everytime i bring up WYC but i think what makes me dislike it so much is how out of place it is in Butterfly rip4 like teh random pop ballad after close my eyes throws me off so much + i don't like the song so gaga1

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.