Jump to content

What Is Mariah's Worst Song?

Recommended Posts

It's easy for me: Just to Hold You Once Again. It's nothing. A nothing.

What is your pick? Tell me, tell me baby! jj5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tama said:

It's easy for me: Just to Hold You Once Again. It's nothing. A nothing.

What!!! That is my favourite Celine Dion song. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Definitely Did I Do That?

It's just a genuinely obnoxious song that I'm sure wanted to be tongue-in-cheek, but Mystikal's yelling, an unpleasant minimalist beat, and generally hookless melody gives it no replay value in my eyes. Especially since it's surrounded by two of the best songs on Rainbow!

Edit: You know what song I completely forgot and really could've stayed forgotten? I Don't! Those are probably her worst vocals on a song, it's fairly uninspired trap production and YG contributed absolutely nothing. The interpolation was neat but that's about it.

Edited by Strobo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Triumphant for sure... When you're a feature on your own song you know shit is bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Villanelle said:

Triumphant for sure... When you're a feature on your own song you know shit is bad

The Vintage Throwback Remix fucking slaps though. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Strobo said:

Definitely Did I Do That?

It's just a genuinely obnoxious song that I'm sure wanted to be tongue-in-cheek, but Mystikal's yelling, an unpleasant minimalist beat, and generally hookless melody gives it no replay value in my eyes. Especially since it's surrounded by two of the best songs on Rainbow!

Edit: You know what song I completely forgot and really could've stayed forgotten? I Don't! Those are probably her worst vocals on a song, it's fairly uninspired trap production and YG contributed absolutely nothing. The interpolation was neat but that's about it.

I don't get the hate for Did I Do That. Lyrically it's not that bad of a song, it's just cheesy. Although it doesn't really stand out on the album. 

 

Spoiler
You were so insecure
And your crew was so immature
Conversations strangely weak
Your were much better off when you didn't speak
But boy to tell you the truth
It was my illusion of you
Being so how destined for me
Got me in the days, but we're not the same
Funny how sometimes
You can really lose your mind
And do things you would never do
Did I do that?
You rhapsodise, you get caught up in the high
Till your senses return to you
Love played you for a fool

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, GagaSavingPop said:

I’m that chick 

Don't shade me like this Winnie. mad5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I Don’t, Infinity and Did I Do That? are her three worst songs ajay1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, I Brings That Levity said:

I don't get the hate for Did I Do That. Lyrically it's not that bad of a song, it's just cheesy. Although it doesn't really stand out on the album. 

 

  Reveal hidden contents
You were so insecure
And your crew was so immature
Conversations strangely weak
Your were much better off when you didn't speak
But boy to tell you the truth
It was my illusion of you
Being so how destined for me
Got me in the days, but we're not the same
Funny how sometimes
You can really lose your mind
And do things you would never do
Did I do that?
You rhapsodise, you get caught up in the high
Till your senses return to you
Love played you for a fool

 

 

Lyrically it's acceptable yeah, but it's the lackluster instrumental, annoying hype man yelling, uninteresting vocal approach and overall lack of a strong melody that makes it unpleasant, at least to me.

 

I'd still argue I Don't is worse, Infinity sucks too but I low-key kinda like the chorus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Strobo said:

Lyrically it's acceptable yeah, but it's the lackluster instrumental, annoying hype man yelling, uninteresting vocal approach and overall lack of a strong melody that makes it unpleasant, at least to me.

 

I'd still argue I Don't is worse, Infinity sucks too but I low-key kinda like the chorus.

Fair enough.

 

I like I Don't, but agree about the vocals on it being sloppy, her tone wasn't as nice as it is now either. . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Triumphant, I Don't, TGIFY (not the remix version), Whenever You Call, and I honestly don't like When I Saw You either dd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tomás said:

Triumphant, I Don't, TGIFY (not the remix version), Whenever You Call, and I honestly don't like When I Saw You either dd

Pick one honey, you're being greedy...bey3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tama said:

Pick one honey, you're being greedy...bey3

opifikajdkskdksk drag me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, tomás said:

Whenever You Call

It's one of her best but ok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, tomás said:

Whenever You Call

One of the symptoms of Coronavirus is a lack of taste. 

 

27 minutes ago, Royale said:

It's one of her best but ok

teA!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Royale said:

It's one of her best but ok

 

4 hours ago, I Brings That Levity said:

One of the symptoms of Coronavirus is a lack of taste. 

 

teA!!!

every lamb always says the same everytime i bring up WYC but i think what makes me dislike it so much is how out of place it is in Butterfly rip4 like teh random pop ballad after close my eyes throws me off so much + i don't like the song so gaga1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Browsing now   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×