Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Alvarø

M starts knee treatment with stem cells, but maybe that won't be enough...

Since no one has posted this...

But also, this next info comes from NoM based on her last week's IG Stories:

Madonna has been suffering for a few months from the joints (especially the knee), pain caused by the cartilage that has broken down. This phenomenon often occurs on people who do sports very intensively, such as dancers (not his knee problems are not due to his hypothetical gluteal implants as we have read)

Cartilage, unlike other tissues, is not able to reform on its own, so it must be helped. Only the injection into the knee of its own chondrocytes (cells that form cartilage) taken from the bone, can rebuild cartilage. However, this technique is only intended for young patients under the age of 50 with local cartilage damage. However, people suffering from osteoarthritis have joints that are completely attacked by the disease. For these patients, the prosthesis often remains the last option, although its effectiveness is limited to 15 years on average, as explained in this article which dates from 2016  

46136280-36976235.jpg?v=1589542233

We also learn that at that time, a French team developed a 3D implant composed of growth factors that will allow bone regeneration and a hydrogel with stem cells derived from the patient's bone marrow and which will regenerate cartilage. This intervention is therefore not trivial since it requires a bone marrow sample. The pictures of Madonna's back and her bruises seem to confirm that she underwent this intervention.

Still the same medical article announces the first tests on humans by 2020, which would make Madonna one of the first to benefit from it. We did not find any information on the recovery process after the intervention.

46136280-36976331.jpg?v=1589542250

UPDATE 17:10

According to one of our loyal readers, who are skilled in the art, the pictures we see with the needle are images of her hip. Hip which according to him is in very bad condition and which will certainly require a prosthesis :-( He adds that she must have suffered a lot ...

X

As you see, THE Legend herself is having a hard time with her health. Let's hope for a speedy recovery that can take her back to a healthy life.

Tours and music might be on a larger than expected break from now on.

Madonna has an incredibly healthy body, even if it is slightly worn with all her exercise etc. I'm confident she will make a full recovery. I just think her shows from now on will be more innovative

6 minutes ago, Villanelle said:

Madonna has an incredibly healthy body, even if it is slightly worn with all her exercise etc. I'm confident she will make a full recovery. I just think her shows from now on will be more innovative

This procedure is no joke. If the results are successful, it will take her months and months of recovery and physiotherapy treatment. Wishing her the best. 

And yes...imagine a Roger Waters: The Wall kind of tour. giveup3

5 minutes ago, Jjang said:

This procedure is no joke. If the results are successful, it will take her months and months of recovery and physiotherapy treatment. Wishing her the best. 

And yes...imagine a Roger Waters: The Wall kind of tour. giveup3

oprah1

She will be back and slaying by 2022. If anything her rehab after this will allow her to recover in ways she never has before

I would love to think about the next tour and how hard she will slay after this, but rn I just hope that she responds well to the treatment and the intervention.mp3, 'cause it seems heavy. I'm currently listening to her wishing her the best. cry8

15 minutes ago, Villanelle said:

oprah1

She will be back and slaying by 2022. If anything her rehab after this will allow her to recover in ways she never has before

I wonder if it will inspire a personal album mad1

I hope she has a speedy recovery, and not just so she can dance again. For someone as active and fit as her to be in constant pain because of her knee sounds absolutely awful.

We don't age shame here, but she really does need to take it easy on herself. She's done it all by now, she doesn't need to prove she has it because we all know she does!

My mom has it and it terrible injury to have (knee one) im so shocked she actually went with performing the shows, because my mom sometimes can barely walk up the stairs (and is 10 years younger than M), she must be some kind of robot masochist cos no one sane would go with it. I cant imagine how she went through with performing MXT she must have been on heavy drugs there is no other way and it would still hurt like motherfucker. 

This injury means pretty much feel the pain 24/7 even when you sit. 

15 minutes ago, Strobo said:

I hope she has a speedy recovery, and not just so she can dance again. For someone as active and fit as her to be in constant pain because of her knee sounds absolutely awful.

We don't age shame here, but she really does need to take it easy on herself. She's done it all by now, she doesn't need to prove she has it because we all know she does!

This.

At this point, she's free as a bird. The amount of stories that this woman can tell, damn... As I've read about her some days ago, she had reached a level that no one ever has. She doesn't have peers that have accomplished what she did, not in that level.

Also, the fact that she survived Coronavirus a few weeks ago and is now entering to this hard treatment says a lot about how out of this world and strong she is. cry9

1 hour ago, Strobo said:

This. I'm not here to age shame her, but her fans need to realise she is at a certain age now and it's starting to become unrealistic for her to maintain what she's been doing in the same way she's been doing it for the last 30-40 years. My worry is that Madonna is too tough on herself and will potentially make things worse by over working, i think a hiatus from performing could be a good thing. 

1 hour ago, I Brings That Levity said:

This. I'm not here to age shame her, but her fans need to realise she is at a certain age now and it's starting to become unrealistic for her to maintain what she's been doing in the same way she's been doing it for the last 30-40 years. My worry is that Madonna is too tough on herself and will potentially make things worse by over working, i think a hiatus from performing could be a good thing. 

She will take her usual 3-4 year hiatus anyway, don't forget that she literally has an army of kids to take care of. dead1 The procedure itself can produce successful results and a full recovery, the problem is that it's a risky one and requires months of post-surgery treatment and care. 

I watched her in Paris this year and aside from the fact that she had assistance while walking the (high) stairs, by the second half of the show, you could barely tell she was as seriously injured as she was (for some reason she was very robotic during the first section, and visibly in pain, and by that I mean actual tears) but she was finishing moves during songs like 'Crazy' (incl. intense parts where dancers left her up and spin her etc) and keeping up with fast paced performances. She's a trooper. I mean, she had like 4 broken bones when she filmed Hung Up.  dead2

But yeah, personally I'm willing to bet that she's 100% gonna approach performance in a more "theatrical" way from now on and compromise her dance routines - I actually prefer that at this point. And obviously, to reduce any chance of future injury. 

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.