Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Jake

Lana's new album releasing September 5th while being announced in the most bizarre way possible

18 minutes ago, Jake said:

I lowkey think there's a messing coming for her in the morning rip4 People are gonna see she mentioned other names and take it from the fact that she's dragging them. I also see people making the point that she called out (mainly) black artists that she's racist. I really think it could've been worded better but I still think she made points. rip4 

the backlash on her post is already starting rip4 honestly i don't think there's going to be a big mess though because once you read through it it's clear what she means and that she's not demeaning the artists mentioned in any way rip4 

but knowing twitter, reading probably wont happen 🤡

1 minute ago, CHANEL #1 said:

She's never really good at wording things like this rip4 

She usually does have great points but her wording it always very-Lana rip4 Like I've already seen so many people thinking she said she's not a feminist because they missed the second "not" rip4 

in all fairness, she DID say in the past that she wasn't a feminist rip4 but yeah these posts are usually just passionate word vomit from her and that's why we stan! 

2 minutes ago, Hunty Bear said:

NASA literally discovered a parallel universe but somehow she's trending higher...something something queen of pop ellie1

whew the impact, which to her credit is difficult to get, not everyone has that ellie1 

25 minutes ago, Jake said:

I lowkey think there's a messing coming for her in the morning rip4 People are gonna see she mentioned other names and take it from the fact that she's dragging them. I also see people making the point that she called out (mainly) black artists that she's racist. I really think it could've been worded better but I still think she made points. rip4 

This.

I say this as a big fan of hers... Lana will never win over the people destined to criticise her. She has created this lana del rey character and presented it authentically when in actual fact it isn't. It's sad, because her aesthetic is flawless and if she had presented us with this character instead of trying to convince us its genuine we wouldn't have a problem

1 hour ago, Hunty Bear said:

in all fairness, she DID say in the past that she wasn't a feminist rip4 but yeah these posts are usually just passionate word vomit from her and that's why we stan! 

No she didn't ajay1 She said that she's "not not a feminist" ajay1 We love a queen who makes us WORK to interpret her lyricism ajay1

1 hour ago, Hunty Bear said:

NASA literally discovered a parallel universe but somehow she's trending higher...something something queen of pop ellie1

Wow Ariana really LOST oprah15

6 minutes ago, Royalty said:

What the fuck I thought her and Ariana were friends? rip4 

They are. She's not calling out Ariana and the other women in the post. She's calling out the critics who lauded them but insulted her for her own musical style.

32 minutes ago, Jake said:

They are. She's not calling out Ariana and the other women in the post. She's calling out the critics who lauded them but insulted her for her own musical style.

Should’ve read further then the first paragraph nat2 anyways release the album

The whole “I’m not a feminist” thing is so tired. It’s like she wants an award for being a centrist. I understand she’s calling out the critics here, not the women, but why shut down one segment of progressive culture just bc you don’t like the label? You’re one of the most followed artists in the industry and it’s loud (“stronger”) female voices that are taking away your story? Not the Harvey Weinsteins or the Cop boyfriends you surround yourself with? Duly noted ari9

5 hours ago, CHANEL #1 said:

this bitch randomly announcing an album release date at the very bottom of the second image of an ig post that features a completely random, out of nowhere rant at 2am rip2 

it was so random and like "oh and i have an album date"

i don't see anything wrong with her argument except for the fact that all the people named are people of color....? awk1

4 minutes ago, takemewhenyougo said:

it was so random and like "oh and i have an album date"

i don't see anything wrong with her argument except for the fact that all the people named are people of color....? awk1

She also mentioned Ariana, spray tan isn't a race sis moo1 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.