Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Jake

Lana's new album releasing September 5th while being announced in the most bizarre way possible

6 hours ago, Villanelle said:

I say this as a big fan of hers... Lana will never win over the people destined to criticise her. She has created this lana del rey character and presented it authentically when in actual fact it isn't. It's sad, because her aesthetic is flawless and if she had presented us with this character instead of trying to convince us its genuine we wouldn't have a problem

no she isnt fuck off1!!! literally MOST celeb figures are somewhat characters and the ones who live their lives publicly conjoined with their fame are the fucking fake ones who use that shit for publicity and financial gain n success 

and as if every bad bitch singing about sex, drugs etc are truly singing about their lives lmfao1   and as if ANY OF US EVEN KNOW

and as if any artist releasing music pronounces their music as anything more than a piece of art which is open to interpretations and shit, METAPHORS BITCH!!! LIFE IS A SHOW

ANYWAY she is a QUEEN i love her n this post and also this rant was unneeded but let me have my fun like fave like stan jesus!!! just hope shes not dropping xtc every week again and just keeping to amphetamines clearly she is turnT

Woke up to all the Beyoncé and Nicki stans calling her racist. She should've just mentioned no names and everything would've been fine, but clearly people can't read correctly in the Twitter and Reddit (popheads) world. 💀

7 hours ago, LÉON said:

No she didn't ajay1 She said that she's "not not a feminist" ajay1 We love a queen who makes us WORK to interpret her lyricism ajay1

I'm saying that she said that she wasn't a feminist IN THE PAST because she made these comments around 2014 ajay1 so it wouldn't be surprising to see people actively misinterpret her words in this post based off of what they recall about these comments from 2014

8 minutes ago, Jake said:

Woke up to all the Beyoncé and Nicki stans calling her racist. She should've just mentioned no names and everything would've been fine, but clearly people can't read correctly in the Twitter and Reddit (popheads) world. 💀

sigh rip4 at least people are talking about her! 

11 hours ago, Merryem said:

the backlash on her post is already starting rip4 honestly i don't think there's going to be a big mess though because once you read through it it's clear what she means and that she's not demeaning the artists mentioned in any way rip4 

but knowing twitter, reading probably wont happen 🤡

the way i was wrong oprah15 

8 minutes ago, Merryem said:

the way i was wrong oprah15 

people are really doing the most oprah15 though I do think that she needs to issue another statement ASAP clarifying what she meant, it's clear that she didn't mean to be insensitive but the backlash is understandable considering the optics of listing mostly WOC in her rant! she needs PR training for sure lol

17 minutes ago, Hunty Bear said:

people are really doing the most oprah15 though I do think that she needs to issue another statement ASAP clarifying what she meant, it's clear that she didn't mean to be insensitive but the backlash is understandable considering the optics of listing mostly WOC in her rant! she needs PR training for sure lol

this is tea oprah15 she needs to do damage control but idk if she cares oprah15 

I had a feeling this was coming after Lorde announced her new album, clearly "f*cking" with Lana's head and enlisting Jack Antonoff who worked on Norman F*cking Rockwell"

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/lorde-reemerges-to-tease-new-album-3-years-after-melodrama/

Sometimes you should leave rants in the draft box, Lorde did this to her a few years ago and  just did it again.

She's not being racist, people are reading way too much into it. She should have thrown Gaga, Adele, etc. in to make her point about characters better.

Delete the post, that's why there's a delete option...

"Royals" singer Lorde: "Lana Del Rey's music is unhealthy for young girls."

renderTimingPixel.png

She's said negative things about Lana in two separate interviews now. Thoughts on her comments?

"She’s great, but I listened to that Lana Del Rey record and the whole time I was just thinking it’s so unhealthy for young girls to be listening to, you know: 'I’m nothing without you.' This sort of shirt-tugging, desperate, don’t leave me stuff. That’s not a good thing for young girls, even young people, to hear." source

"What really got me is this ridiculous, unrelatable, unattainable opulence that runs throughout. Lana Del Rey is always singing about being in the Hamptons or driving her Bugatti Veyron or whatever, and at the time, me and my friends were at some house party worrying how to get home because we couldn't afford a cab. This is our reality." source

4 hours ago, Hunty Bear said:

I'm saying that she said that she wasn't a feminist IN THE PAST because she made these comments around 2014 ajay1 so it wouldn't be surprising to see people actively misinterpret her words in this post based off of what they recall about these comments from 2014

Her feminism could mean anything ajay1

Not the interviewer bringing up the choking element, Lana is the queen of "choke me daddy" twinks ny1

34 minutes ago, Hunty Bear said:

JDS,SJK I'M SORRY BUT I'M DEAD rip4 

people are really letting her have it LOL rip4 she really should've just sat there and snorted her coke

Holy lmfao1 

her replies in the comment section of the first post

Text: To be clear because I knowwwwww you love to twist things. I fucking love these singers and know them. #that is why I mentioned them. I would also like to have some of the same freedom of expression without judgment of hysteria. There you go

By the way the singers I mentioned are my favorite singers so if you want to try and make a bone to pick out of that like you always do be my guest, it doesn’t change the fact that I haven’t had the same opportunity to express what I wanted to express without being completely decimated and if you want to say that that has something to do with race that’s your opinion but that’s not what I was saying.

Bro. This is sad to make it about a WOC issue when I’m talking about my favorite singers. I could’ve literally said anyone but I picked my favorite fucking people. And this is the problem with society today, not everything is about whatever you want it to be. It’s exactly the point of my post – there are certain women that culture doesn’t want to have a voice it may not have to do with race I don’t know what it has to do with. I don’t care anymore but don’t ever ever ever ever bro- call me racist because that is bullshit

And my last and final note on everything – when I said people who look like me – I meant the people who don’t look strong or necessarily smart, or like they’re in control etc. it’s about advocating for a more delicate personality, not for white woman – thanks for the Karen comments tho. V helpful

Screenshot_20200521-225040.jpgScreenshot_20200521-225047.jpg

her social media presence today is making me SO anxious girl WHERE'S YOUR PUBLICIST rip4 

And my last and final note on everything

Nnnn I expected this to be a last-minute reminder of her next album's release date giveup2

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.