Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Shego

Lana Del Rey is now a racist according to twitter

Just now, Gilly said:

she really should of sat there and ate her food

what is her point anyway? just because those girls went #1 (nicki doesnt count), it doesnt mean they didnt receive their fair share of criticism rip2 dont be mad because you never appealed to the GP at the scale to snatch a #1. Also, women rappingg/singing about their sexuality is incredibly empowering in a sexist/homiphobic/racist etc world we live in...esp when its women of color. Singing about “he kissed me and it felt like a kiss” is not empowering jj4 

I'm quite sure Lana said she regrets that lyric and doesn't sing it any more jj4

Just now, Infrared said:

first lesson in celebrity PR. Don't drag another celeb to get your point across, especially those with large fanbases. She's about to get several lashings gag1

Did you read the whole thing? She wasn't really dragging them gag1

Just now, LÉON said:

I mean.. gag1 Beyonce and Nicki fans probably got pressed someone dared to mention their faves without praising them and that's how it all started. gag1 

6 minutes ago, Moira O'Hara said:

If you check the sentence after the one you just posted, you gonna see what she meant to say. She didn't end the post there... jj4

EYi8IbqXkAAInbn?format=jpg&name=medium

You’re missing the entire point... is that all you got from my post? Again let me ask why do you think it’s okay for you to speak on this when it doesn’t matter to you. Basically you saying I aka a black person shouldn’t be offended bc you’re saying it’s not offensive. 

Just now, Tahj said:

You’re missing the entire point... is that all you got from my post? Again let me ask why do you think it’s okay for you to speak on this when it doesn’t matter to you. Basically you saying I aka a black person shouldn’t be offended bc you’re saying it’s not offensive. 

gag1 We don't get to call everything homophobic just cos we gay honey

Just now, Tahj said:

I'm saying that i don't think Lana Del Rey tried to imply anything about the color of the artists she mentioned. Her post was focused in something else. jj4 

14 minutes ago, LÉON said:

I'm quite sure Lana said she regrets that lyric and doesn't sing it any more jj4

i really dont have an issue with it, but i dont have an issue with girls singing about sex, cheating, etc either

shes basically saying “these girls get number ones and receive no criticism when they sing about sex but i get criticized for glamorizinng abuse”... but you have glamorized abuse? and those girls DO get criticized despite having number ones. Cardi gets called stupid, a whore for being a stripper, etc so she shouldnt have brought them in to prove her point (which she doesn't even have because she HAS glamorized abuse, so the criticism she receives is fair). 

10 minutes ago, LÉON said:

Tea, she should have censored the names a la Get Free gag1

Also, she just happened to name the most relevant pop gorls right now, most of whom just happen to be black gag1 Not Lana recognising black talent and being called racist gag1

I mean, the singers she mentioned sounded a bit out of place rip2 Maybe If she had dragged her critics rather than other singers. It would have made a bit more sense 

8 minutes ago, LÉON said:

yeah but it comes across as white feminist ignorance, as a "moderate" white woman she should know better. She knew what she was doing. Literally half of the singers she listed haven't got a #1 lately or she described their #1 in a way that was totally inaccurate and just false. Ariana's last #1 is the SWU, Beyonce's is Perfect Duet, Cardi B's is I Like It, even Doja Cat isn't as crazy as she's trying to dumb it down to. like girl....

EYh6cMKXQAAdfbY?format=jpg&name=900x900

2 minutes ago, Infrared said:

yeah but it comes across as white feminist ignorance, as a "moderate" white woman she should know better. She knew what she was doing. Literally half of the singers she listed haven't got a #1 lately or she described their #1 in a way that was totally inaccurate and just false. Ariana's last #1 is the SWU, Beyonce's is Perfect Duet, Cardi B's is I Like It, even Doja Cat isn't as crazy as she's trying to dumb it down to. like girl....

EYh6cMKXQAAdfbY?format=jpg&name=900x900

This. Even though Lana is not a Feminist If I remember well

7 minutes ago, Princess Aurora said:

I mean, the singers she mentioned sounded a bit out of place rip2 Maybe If she had dragged her critics rather than other singers. It would have made a bit more sense 

i dont think her post is racist, just incredibly tone deaf rip2 to imply that she, a successful white woman in america, has had it harder than most of these POC girls just because they have number ones rip2