Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Alvarø

[Rumour] Madonna has signed with Republic Records

HOT RUMORS

Following the end of her contract with interscope, Madonna has now signed to Republic Records. The label is the house of acts like Ariana Grande and Taylor Swift.

X

Yeah, this is only a rumour. However, I found this other post. It comes from BreatheHeavy, not anything official yet, and the info seems... weird; so take it with a grain of salt:

It's no big secret. The Madonna interscope deal didn't produce quality music like warner records did.

Interscope came out and admitted that Being the distributor instead of the main label caused them to not legally be able to be involved. 

Madonna signed a 3 album deal with Live Nation along with a slew of other amenities worth 120 Million. Interscope basically acted just the distributor to get the music out. 

Because of that. They know it's popular but they refuse to do 360 deals with artists or live nation. Stating that given how they are not able to hire an A&R or have anybody involved from their side. We need to have input as a major label. So 360 deals are banned from interscope same with live nation contracts. They basically lost a lot of power to this deal. 

Here comes Republic records. Home of the three biggest Madonna allies. Taylor swift , Ariana grande and Nicki Minaj.

Madonna appears to have signed a 4 album deal with republic records and her company Boy Toy,inc. Meaning she webt with a company that allowed her to do a 360 deal. 

Can't wait. I have another decade of Madonna music coming

X

3 minutes ago, Alvarø said:

Yeah, this is only a rumour. However, I found this other post. It comes from BreatheHeavy, not anything official yet, and the info seems... weird; so take it with a grain of salt:

It looks true. Yes, Interscope was just there for a cut of sales by acting as distributor. Republic looks like they are willing to replace Interscope as her new distributor...unless Madonna is no longer with Live Nation, then she’s a free agent to sign directly with Republic. But, I have not read that she has left Love Nation.

Interesting, though...

31 minutes ago, Chris Morlock said:

What's a 360 deal?

In the music industry it’s all aspects of the artist that makes money, not just an album. So a 360 deal would include: albums, touring, merchandise, DVDs, fan clubs, websites, television, films, sponsorship. etc.

1 hour ago, Moira O'Hara said:

This is fake and started by one fossil on twitter that i know. He was just trolling. lol3

Y'all don't read the replies i see. lol3 

3 minutes ago, Moira O'Hara said:

Y'all don't read the replies i see. lol3 

I read it, but she is at the end of her contract with Interscope. We need those hackers to leak her new contract brit16

2 minutes ago, ajp said:

I read it, but she is at the end of her contract with Interscope. We need those hackers to leak her new contract brit16

She's definitely not going to Republic tho. brit16 Even tho she probably won't release new music yet, she has time to see in which label she would go, if she leaves Interscope.

21 minutes ago, Moira O'Hara said:

She's definitely not going to Republic tho. brit16 Even tho she probably won't release new music yet, she has time to see in which label she would go, if she leaves Interscope.

Well, there’s only so many major labels that can handle a star like Madonna (I mean money resources). I doubt she will go back to Warner. She may have to settle for a smaller deal - where ever that is. gaga12

I don't see her coming back to Warner. She will be treated as Prince and George Michael in their final years, just like a legacy act, and I don't think that's how she wants to be seen.

11 hours ago, Alvarø said:

I don't see her coming back to Warner. She will be treated as Prince and George Michael in their final years, just like a legacy act, and I don't think that's how she wants to be seen.

The team behind Warner is not the same as when she left. It's a completely different label, and I do believe she would fit back in.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.