Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

fab

Rain On Me video (OUT NOW!) 

4 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Yeah tbh I mean they look cute af together and they seem to have genuine mutual respect which is always nice to celebrate but I feel its being over-praised cause theres a Pop draught and the standard is lower than usual. It would be underwhelming otherwise. 

Tea - the fact that they released an actual music video during lockdown gives it a slight edge on other artists who are releasing shonky home videos.

2 hours ago, Phoebe said:

The way I already knew the EXACT 4 members that were gonna trash it lol3

She could release THE best album/video/song of all time and y'all still wouldn't be pleased lol3

key word: could

But she didn't lol3 

All I see in this thread is constructive criticism, no one is saying that it's trash but pointing out that it could be better. lol3 

But hey, this is Gaga's most decent video since like Jonh Wayne so I get the blinded excitement lol3 

I really liked it in fact. 

It's funny because while the costumes are technically still cheap-looking, the higher production value gives them the "90s scifi/fantasy setting" thing Chromatica is supposed since the beggining. Narrowing down the "tribes" to just two also probably helped (or at the very least we didn't get red/blue blanket people or people with plant pauldrons). Overall it feels like BTW/BTWB aesthetic sequel and i enjoy that

It was alright. Kinda wish they gave Ariana some solo shots, and I wish the dancing was kept only for the chorus-breakdown. (it feels awkward when Gaga starts to dance before the chorus hits). I just wish there was a little more to it. Not a huge fan of the costumes, either.

BUT, I did really like these close-up shots of Gaga (stealing Hyun's avatar for ref):

grammyonme.gif.c21a340906d248fafa4116e18

The video is great. I still don't like the song at all, but the video elevates the sound. There's one outfit that Gaga wore in the video that I truly love, looks very good on her...and it's not the robot-inspired black-pink outfit. It's the one she wears with a different pink hairstyle, in-between Ariana's part on the second verse (or was it the second chorus?)

1 hour ago, LittleDudeNT5 said:

Kinda wish they gave Ariana some solo shots

definitely agreed with this! i feel like we could've gotten some really good moments from her

52 minutes ago, Merryem said:

@Hyun.'s avatar is such a slay giveup3 gives me chills

ugh the video game realness, i'm obsessed giveup1

I'm not gonna lie I'm... kind of disappointed in the video.

Like no it's not a bad video by any means, and the setting itself with the rain looks visually great! I appreciate the Ariana looks, and Gaga's first look and then the ponytail one too but like...

I can't help but feel like something is missing. It had potential to have a great story line what with the lyrics and what inspired the song, and the beginning with Gaga and the knife had me hoping that. But in the end it just.. ended up with a bunch of people dancing and the dancing itself isn't really memorable or particularly good to me. Especially since Gaga herself mentioned Ariana doing things she hadn't done before in the video and I really can't figure out what she meant by that.

I wonder how much of it is the fault of this quarantine, which possibly limited the time she could've spent on it, or simply sitting on a project for too long. I dunno.

I just hope the album really throws us a surprise because I haven't had a WOW moment with this era yet the same way her TF-AP ones did.

WHEN THEYRE HUGGING IN THE LAST SHOT cry0 THATS ALL A STAN WANTS TO SEE cry9 AMAZING VIDEO FOR AN AMAZING SONG

4 hours ago, Strobo said:

But in the end it just.. ended up with a bunch of people dancing and the dancing itself isn't really memorable or particularly good to me.

The dancing is terrible, it's like a Gaga parody lol3

4 hours ago, Strobo said:

I'm not gonna lie I'm... kind of disappointed in the video.

Like no it's not a bad video by any means, and the setting itself with the rain looks visually great! I appreciate the Ariana looks, and Gaga's first look and then the ponytail one too but like...

I can't help but feel like something is missing. It had potential to have a great story line what with the lyrics and what inspired the song, and the beginning with Gaga and the knife had me hoping that. But in the end it just.. ended up with a bunch of people dancing and the dancing itself isn't really memorable or particularly good to me. Especially since Gaga herself mentioned Ariana doing things she hadn't done before in the video and I really can't figure out what she meant by that.

I wonder how much of it is the fault of this quarantine, which possibly limited the time she could've spent on it, or simply sitting on a project for too long. I dunno.

I just hope the album really throws us a surprise because I haven't had a WOW moment with this era yet the same way her TF-AP ones did.

You’re going to be called out by monsters because you have an opinion, beware lol3 

All jokes aside, I fully agree with you. The music video had potential to be much better, the beginning was so promising and it ended up being a flash mob with a bunch of dancers. lol3 

When Ariana came in, I had to pause and started crying. These 2 girls have both been through so much and this is such a feel good song. I’m so proud of these 2 ladies and I’m so so so so so SO proud to be a stan. 🥺

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.