Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

SeekingThrill

Why are your standards for music videos so low?

54 minutes ago, Jjang said:

I agree that it's narrowed down to personal opinion in the end, but I mean, her critical and commercial success for decades should at least indicate that she has core talent that resonates with people or is just simply compelling. No matter how technical it is - it has merit. You almost can't argue with that. 

Anyway, some examples 

She sounds good when singing within 1 octave, no shade mad5

33 minutes ago, STJ said:

She sounds good when singing within 1 octave, no shade mad5

You people juicy1

I'm not trying to prove Madonna is this master of agility or vocal acrobatics katy9

I'm simply showcasing that contrary to popular (forum) belief, she has the ability to sound compelling and expressive vocally, period. 

I mean, to me this is a stunning performance and she didn't need to endlessly riff to sound impressive. She's not going to record the next Vision Of Love, but give her a simple melody and she'll make the best of it - which is a talent because other people sound dreadful when they try this more subtle, mellow and "straight forward" vocal type performances, just my opinion katy1

2 minutes ago, Jjang said:

You people juicy1

I'm not trying to prove Madonna is this master of agility or vocal acrobatics katy9

I'm simply showcasing that contrary to popular (forum) believe, she has the ability to sound compelling and expressive vocally, period. 

I mean, to me this is a stunning performance and she didn't need to endlessly riff to sound impressive. She's not going to record the next Vision Of Love, but give her a simple melody and she'll make the best of it - which is a talent because other people sound dreadful when they try this more subtle, mellow and "straight forward" vocal type performances, just my opinion katy1

I mean, high notes isn't the only important thing in vocals. Vocal coaches have praise Madonna for being capable to adapt her vocal to any music genre she sung easily, that's talent too, not everyone can do it. Why we keep talking about vocals tho? jj4 

Just now, Moira O'Hara said:

I mean, high notes isn't the only important thing in vocals. Vocal coaches have praise Madonna for being capable to adapt her vocal to any music genre she sung easily, that's talent too, not everyone can do it. Why we keep talking about vocals tho? jj4 

Well, the thread was initially about Gaga's music videos, which I guess went nowhere so now we moved on to the more interesting topic. Madonna's vocals. ari6

The video is easily her best in quite some time. Is it perfect? No. Does it break ground no video has before? No. But it's wonderfully choreographed, it's shot in an interesting manner, and it has produced legitimately memorable imagery which is something missing in music videos in general right now. 

11 hours ago, Earth Ripper said:

About mv's in general, I also disagree xtina8 There's still massive creativity and boundary-pushing going on imo wendy2 It just really depends on which artist it is, what the inspiration for the song is (this is where most current mv's go wrong lol) and who the director is. Major commercial stars like Katy, Bey, Billie,... are regularly churning out visual epicness are they not lol3 Let's not use the failings of a few lazy people to blast too many artists.

And yes, low budget doesn't mean squat. Did everyone forget about this 2019 gem:

Extremely similar to ROM in terms of basic idea (two powerful women celebrating themselves in a simple, industrial setting) but it is freaking EPIC. All you need is great directing and editing gaga6

gone is nowhere near as good as ROM as a MV dead2dead2 i guess this just goes to show how subjective taste is, i adore the song but always found the MV to be so boring

12 hours ago, Earth Ripper said:

About mv's in general, I also disagree xtina8 There's still massive creativity and boundary-pushing going on imo wendy2 It just really depends on which artist it is, what the inspiration for the song is (this is where most current mv's go wrong lol) and who the director is. Major commercial stars like Katy, Bey, Billie,... are regularly churning out visual epicness are they not lol3 Let's not use the failings of a few lazy people to blast too many artists.

And yes, low budget doesn't mean squat. Did everyone forget about this 2019 gem:

Extremely similar to ROM in terms of basic idea (two powerful women celebrating themselves in a simple, industrial setting) but it is freaking EPIC. All you need is great directing and editing gaga6

Don't get Charli dragged brit10

Did we not watch the same music video? All of this because of Rain on Me. I can't speak for the little monsters, but I found Joanne extremely lukewarm and boring. I thought it was missing everything I loved about Gaga and I was not on board for that album. I appreciated ASIB and I had this idea that we would never get the Gaga I fell in love with back.

Then Stupid Love dropped, and while i didn't love the iphone quality of the video I thought it was nice to see choreography come back and be full center. (I think there was some in John Wayne but it wasn't as prominent to me) But that was mostly all SL had to offer.

Rain on Me is the gaga I love. It has the choreography in the forefront like I had just said about Stupid Love, but it has a much better placement and I see a story here that doesn't need to be shoved in our faces with intro dialogue. The song is telling the story and that's all that mattered to me. The visuals had no right being as good as they were, with the amount of CGI they used. But it works, it's the early 2010 Gaga we all remember for iconic looks and choreography through glossy computer generalized backgrounds and effects. I think this is perfect for Chromatica since the album seems to be a sort of meta character/story in it's own right. I am very excited for the album because of this video, I was iffy but Gaga reassured me this will be a great pop record and return to form.

1 hour ago, GagaSavingPop said:

The way it’s the same videos of Madonna barely carrying a tune in a completely unrelated thread. Lemme just get banned chile 

oprah15 

9 hours ago, Moira O'Hara said:

no shade but at least she doesn't just scream as Xtina mad5

Why are you so bold coming for Xtina's vocals while defending Madonna's? The nerve ajay1

Stick to discussing about music videos and tours please. ajay1

2 hours ago, Michael. said:

Why are you so bold coming for Xtina's vocals while defending Madonna's? The nerve ajay1

Stick to discussing about music videos and tours please. ajay1

as i should moo10

23 minutes ago, Michael. said:

Clapback queen 👏🏻😍

Not you trying to turn it again into a member vs. member thread. Then you will go at N*B to spam you didn't do anything wrong i guess. There are many members in the thread to start a fight, find someone else, yikez.

dS6CO3c.gif

Just now, Moira O'Hara said:

Not you trying to turn it again into a member vs. member thread. Then you will go at N*B to spam you didn't do anything wrong i guess. There are many members in the thread to start a fight, find someone else, yikez.

;dS6CO3c.gif

I just stated that your opinions on BGs are a joke as you defend Madonna's vocals but drag Xtina's, you're making it about something that it is not.

Stay on topic lol3

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.