Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Kristina

Do you hope your fave retires before she's pushing 60?

depends on what they're gonna be doing at 60. i can't see mariah still in Vegas at 60, that'd be kinda cringy.

but i guess not retire either, just lay back and release music from time to time with no pressure would be nice for moo

10 hours ago, Kristina said:

Honestly I really hope Britney retires before she gets grandma old, or at least changes her music/image a little to something more age appropriate. I don't wanna see her half-ass dancing in her underwear when she's 60 rip4 I really don't want her to end up doing shit like this either:

wbu?

No because being an artist doesn’t have an age limit. To imply that someone in their 60s can’t have a career anymore just because they’re not young is wrong on so many levels. If the person still has a desire to do what they love and are still able to do it, then by all means do it. Writers will write until they pass or physically cannot write any longer. Performers will perform until they pass or they’re unable to perform anymore. Creators of any kind will create until they pass or cannot create anymore. I’m an actor and an amateur filmmaker and I hope to make my career from that. I plan to do that for the rest of my life, regardless of my age. Creativity and a desire to do what makes you happy doesn’t disappear at 60. If you have something that you’re passionate about, or something that wakes you up every day and gives you a reason to take on life then you’d get that. But go ahead and make a drag that continues to fuel an agenda in the entertainment industry that there’s no place for older people, especially women. Something that countless artists, writers, actors/actresses, and creators of all kinds have to fight against every day. Way to go. 

6 hours ago, LÉON said:

@Madonna finally returns and five mins later you are back on the ageism again? lol3

While it’s counterproductive to just make ageism about Madonna like he does, ageism is a very real thing. Countless men and women of all creative fields (writing, art, music, dance, etc) are finding themselves looked over, discredited, and shamed for doing what they love at their age. It’s not something leveled against one person, it affects hundreds and hundreds of people. And I’d hope beyond petty stan nonsense that as a person you’d agree there’s something fundamentally wrong with saying a person shouldn’t do something that’s important to them or that they enjoy just because they’re older, 

A few of my faves are already/almost in their 60s and I'm glad they're still making music. I'd rather they continue to do what they love most than to retire. Unless that's what they want.

It's different for some artists, though. Like for Britney it's obvious that her artistry isn't going anywhere. 

5 hours ago, Mr. Mendes said:

While it’s counterproductive to just make ageism about Madonna like he does, ageism is a very real thing. Countless men and women of all creative fields (writing, art, music, dance, etc) are finding themselves looked over, discredited, and shamed for doing what they love at their age. It’s not something leveled against one person, it affects hundreds and hundreds of people. And I’d hope beyond petty stan nonsense that as a person you’d agree there’s something fundamentally wrong with saying a person shouldn’t do something that’s important to them or that they enjoy just because they’re older, 

Because she‘s the only one on this forum who constantly gets shit on for her age. mad7 If I speak out against ageism towards Madonna you best believe that I will speak out against ageism directed towards other artists. The thing is, ageism in the music industry is almost exclusively happening to female artists that are 40 years old and above. It often times comes with body-shaming and calling their efforts to go with certain trends ”desperate“. It’s incredibly sexist and coming from YET ANOTHER Britney stan I wonder what it is with that fanbase that makes them so incredibly ageist. Britney is quite young still but she literally has no control over her career. To say, you‘d rather have that over someone who actually decides what they wanna do regardless of their age is just...worrying?

I think @Kristina should have just sat there and ate her food like she did the past few years. She was more pleasant that way.

2 minutes ago, Madonna said:

Because she‘s the only one on this forum who constantly gets shit on for her age. mad7 If I speak out against ageism towards Madonna you best believe that I will speak out against ageism directed towards other artists. The thing is, ageism in the music industry is almost exclusively happening to female artists that are 40 years old and above. It often times comes with body-shaming and calling their efforts to go with certain trends ”desperate“. It’s incredibly sexist and coming from YET ANOTHER Britney stan I wonder what it is with that fanbase that makes them so incredibly ageist. Britney is quite young still but she literally has no control over her career. To say, you‘d rather have that over someone who actually decides what they wanna do regardless of their age is just...worrying?

I think @Kristina should have just sat there and ate her food like she did the past few years. She was more pleasant that way.

I get that to a point but at the same time if we always make it about Madonna, the argument itself just becomes another stan battle rather than a legitimate concern. 

Just now, Mr. Mendes said:

I get that to a point but at the same time if we always make it about Madonna, the argument itself just becomes another stan battle rather than a legitimate concern. 

I have also spoken out about ageism in the music industry. Like...US radio refusing to play any of J.Lo‘s newer singles despite them being perfectly in line with what was trending at that time. Just one example...

We can surely open a debate about that in the appropriate section (feel free to do it) but in this section, the only artist that keeps getting age-shamed by Britney/Gaga/Mariah stans is Madonna.

I hope my fave will still release music (knowing her with expanding the years between albums, here's for one album in 2029 and then hide for another decade) dead2 

2 hours ago, Madonna said:

I have also spoken out about ageism in the music industry. Like...US radio refusing to play any of J.Lo‘s newer singles despite them being perfectly in line with what was trending at that time. Just one example...

We can surely open a debate about that in the appropriate section (feel free to do it) but in this section, the only artist that keeps getting age-shamed by Britney/Gaga/Mariah stans is Madonna.

The only one who gets age shamed in general by stans in social media is Madonna, i rarely see other women getting hate for being 40+ years old

24 minutes ago, Habits said:

I hope my fave will still release music (knowing her with expanding the years between albums, here's for one album in 2029 and then hide for another decade) dead2 

Who are you talking about?

24 minutes ago, Moira O'Hara said:

The only one who gets age shamed in general by stans in social media is Madonna, i rarely see other women getting hate for being 40+ years old

There's a difference between 40+ and 55+ imo!

15 hours ago, Kristina said:

Background vocals is a thing!

Imagine picking Sia as your background when you are literally Britney lol3

Let me just feature a cockatoo as background vocals for my pet rabbit lol3

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.