Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Kristina

Do you hope your fave retires before she's pushing 60?

12 hours ago, Kristina said:

There's a difference between 40+ and 55+ imo!

The difference is you're much closer to the former and think it's OK to drag artists who have passed the latter lol3

9 hours ago, Mr. Mendes said:

While it’s counterproductive to just make ageism about Madonna like he does, ageism is a very real thing. Countless men and women of all creative fields (writing, art, music, dance, etc) are finding themselves looked over, discredited, and shamed for doing what they love at their age. It’s not something leveled against one person, it affects hundreds and hundreds of people. And I’d hope beyond petty stan nonsense that as a person you’d agree there’s something fundamentally wrong with saying a person shouldn’t do something that’s important to them or that they enjoy just because they’re older, 

I think Madonna is incredibly cringe, but she is well within her rights to be cringey jj2 In fact, there are plenty of younger artists who were just as cringey during their peak (such as Miley, Nicki etc.).

The ageism on this forum stretches to other members on here as well. Apparently being in your 20s is like having one foot in the grave already jj2

9 hours ago, Mr. Mendes said:

No because being an artist doesn’t have an age limit. To imply that someone in their 60s can’t have a career anymore just because they’re not young is wrong on so many levels. If the person still has a desire to do what they love and are still able to do it, then by all means do it. Writers will write until they pass or physically cannot write any longer. Performers will perform until they pass or they’re unable to perform anymore. Creators of any kind will create until they pass or cannot create anymore. I’m an actor and an amateur filmmaker and I hope to make my career from that. I plan to do that for the rest of my life, regardless of my age. Creativity and a desire to do what makes you happy doesn’t disappear at 60. If you have something that you’re passionate about, or something that wakes you up every day and gives you a reason to take on life then you’d get that. But go ahead and make a drag that continues to fuel an agenda in the entertainment industry that there’s no place for older people, especially women. Something that countless artists, writers, actors/actresses, and creators of all kinds have to fight against every day. Way to go. 

I'm not saying they can't have a career anymore though. It's just cringeworthy if it's not age appropriate. They can easily make music into their 60s and stuff, but don't act like they're still in their 30s. Would you be an actor in a teen type of movie when you're 60? Would you like to see a stripper continue the same career in her 60s? rip4 All I'm saying you should change how you do stuff depending on your age, if not you should retire because it's embarrassing.

5 minutes ago, Kristina said:

There's a difference between 40+ and 55+ imo!

My comment was focused in stans and social media. If i include the media, they were being 10x times more vile to her, and they were calling her a grandma in her early 30s, now the media won't even dare to hate women at 30s-40s for being too explicit for their age, cause of Madonna. As they won't dare to judge any other pop girl when they'll reach Madonna's age, cause of her again.

38612595_1185349078273079_11084444038374

1 hour ago, Kristina said:

I'm not saying they can't have a career anymore though. It's just cringeworthy if it's not age appropriate. They can easily make music into their 60s and stuff, but don't act like they're still in their 30s. Would you be an actor in a teen type of movie when you're 60? Would you like to see a stripper continue the same career in her 60s? rip4 All I'm saying you should change how you do stuff depending on your age, if not you should retire because it's embarrassing.

What a lame-ass thread, sis. jj3  We are talking about pop stars here. If Madonna wasn't provocative in the past, then she would be embarrassing for being provocative now. But that's not the case. Age appropriation and music... I mean, there are artists in their 20s and 30s who make music that sounds childish. Is that age appropriate? 

If an artist (older than 18) delivers cringe worthy lyrics that are an insult for intelligence, is that age appropriate? In Madonna's case, we fans can drag her for delivering something below her level like Bitch I'm Madonna, but being pressed for her looking good and dancing well is just a sign of envy.

It is OK if you don't want Britney to continue her "career", but other people who are true fans want their faves to keep delivering while they can and if they are still good at it. oprah14 

all the fossils ganging up on kristina, crying aGeISt!!!!! and doing mental gymnastics to justify their favs emberassment of a (current) career ajay1 never gets old gag1

3 hours ago, Kristina said:

Honey just take the L. You aren’t winning this argument ESPECIALLY not after we‘ve just had a really big forum-wide discussion about ageism and body-shaming. eve1 
Britney is pushing 40 and is talking about burning down her gym with a candle and doing awkward fashion videos with her raccoon eyes. Isn’t that cringey by your definition? Or is it okay because Britney is known to not be the brightest bulb in the bunch?

The way I manage to get @Gilly‘s blood boiling with my posts. Always RUNNING to hit that downvote button instantly. gaga7 Meet me in HOW, sis. Let’s see if I can get that blood rushing to other places as well! brit16 

5 minutes ago, Madonna said:

Honey just take the L. You aren’t winning this argument ESPECIALLY not after we‘ve just had a really big forum-wide discussion about ageism and body-shaming. eve1 
Britney is pushing 40 and is talking about burning down her gym with a candle and doing awkward fashion videos with her raccoon eyes. Isn’t that cringey by your definition? Or is it okay because Britney is known to not be the brightest bulb in the bunch?

you literally made fun of britneys conservatorship on the first page, so dont try to play like your suddenly some kind of high-moral member just cause your ass got banned rih12

5 minutes ago, Gilly said:

you literally made fun of britneys conservatorship on the first page, so dont try to play like your suddenly some kind of high-moral member just cause your ass got banned rih12

”Made fun of her conservatorship“ girl where?

There are a bunch of artists not in control of their careers and overall career decisions without a conservatorship. Don’t twist my words into something that fits your narrative.

You are, without a doubt, one of the most sexist and ageist members on this forum. You don’t get to preach about morality and you especially don’t get to judge my BG posts. rih4 Why don’t you go back to ATRL or something? Oh wait! You can’t cause you managed to get your ass permabanned from there. A pity!

10 minutes ago, Madonna said:

”Made fun of her conservatorship“ girl where?

There are a bunch of artists not in control of their careers and overall career decisions without a conservatorship. Don’t twist my words into something that fits your narrative.

You are, without a doubt, one of the most sexist and ageist members on this forum. You don’t get to preach about morality and you especially don’t get to judge my BG posts. rih4 Why don’t you go back to ATRL or something? Oh wait! You can’t cause you managed to get your ass permabanned from there. A pity!

literally:

20 hours ago, Madonna said:

At least Madonna is still recording her own songs and in total control over her body and her career. 

difference is im not the one bitching and crying about ageism/sexism rip3 save the fake moral tears cause no one is buying it rih12

21 minutes ago, Madonna said:

That’s just her personality though eve1 She doesn’t act cringy in her career.

1 hour ago, Infrared said:

You wouldn't say this about men, so why about women moo13

Male artists aren't really on my radar, and I don't even know any men in the music business at Madonna's age. If any old men are as cringeworthy as her feel free to let me know, I wouldn't mind saying the same thing about them moo13

2 hours ago, SeekingThrill said:

Age appropriation and music... I mean, there are artists in their 20s and 30s who make music that sounds childish. Is that age appropriate? 

If an artist (older than 18) delivers cringe worthy lyrics that are an insult for intelligence, is that age appropriate?

Nope! That's pretty embarrassing too, like Taylor's ME! and some Katy Perry songs gag1

8 minutes ago, Gilly said:

literally:

difference is im not the one bitching and crying about ageism/sexism rip3 save the fake moral tears cause no one believes it rih12

Except you are when it's directed towards your fave. Your entire ageist tirade against Madge stems from Madonna fans mocking your fave in 2011/2012. rip3 You even cried when Madonna called her reductive on TV, you admittedly said so. You are embarrassing.

2 minutes ago, Madonna said:

Mind explaining this:

or this:

Can't really defend Pretty Girls, everything about that is embarrassing eve1 But at least she wasn't 50+ at the time of releasing it. Don't really know what her performances has to do with this thread though, that's besides the point.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.