Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Villanelle

Why is Not Myself Tonight unpopular with fans?

39 minutes ago, Highlight! said:

I find that funny considering X's inspiration for the video is Madonna.

We all now that the bad romance songstress is often accused of taking "inspiration" from Miss Ciccone. 

It might be purely coincidental, but a lot of elements were similar... like the sunglasses, the circular fingers to the eye, the white background, the fires. brit15

That's why I felt like she was so unaware of what's happening. The comparisons started since 2008 with the gaga bangs, she should have tried to steer as far away from the Gaga image as much as possible. But I do realize maybe it's not easy to drop your concept for compromises.

1 hour ago, STJ said:

It might be purely coincidental, but a lot of elements were similar... like the sunglasses, the circular fingers to the eye, the white background, the fires. brit15

That's why I felt like she was so unaware of what's happening. The comparisons started since 2008 with the gaga bangs, she should have tried to steer as far away from the Gaga image as much as possible. But I do realize maybe it's not easy to drop your concept for compromises.

TBH the NMT Video was better visually. 

Also the Bangs, Xtina had them way before the other woman even debuted, besides, Xtina has had bangs back in 2003 when she had her dark hair. Also Bangs have been around for a long time so it's definitely not a thing that someone from 2010 started. 

16 minutes ago, Highlight! said:

TBH the NMT Video was better visually. 

Also the Bangs, Xtina had them way before the other woman even debuted, besides, Xtina has had bangs back in 2003 when she had her dark hair. Also Bangs have been around for a long time so it's definitely not a thing that someone from 2010 started. 

She also had them for B2B booklet shoot. But I think people don't know or don't want to know, they just wanted to sabotage her because she was the main girl at that time brit15

On 6/2/2020 at 1:34 PM, Highlight! said:

I find that funny considering X's inspiration for the video is Madonna.

We all now that the bad romance songstress is often accused of taking "inspiration" from Miss Ciccone. 

This. She literally pays homage to Madonna by recreating a scene that’s similar to the Express Yourself music video, so there was no reason for the Gaga comparisons. Ironically Madonna later on used the Madame X persona but that’s a different topic we can save for a later day xtina6
OT: The song doesn’t deserve the hate it gets because it’s a bop. Xtina has always been sexual and those that hate her for it need to listen to the Still Dirrty lyrics: “If I wanna be provocative well that ain’t a sin, Maybe you’re not comfortable in your own skin” xtina7

I like the song, but i dont think that song reflects the whole album, and the video it s not one of my faves maybe for the quality of the photography, she should release glam as the rumors said before NMT came out.

NMT is a slutty bop and while it's definitely one of the weaker tracks of the album, it doesn't deserve any of the hate it got.

Glam or Woohoo would've made better singles (with music videos) though.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.