Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Kristina

Why can't Beyoncé get a solo hit?

She hasn't had a solo #1 since 2008 which is pretty embarrassing if you ask me! Her last hit after that was Drunk In Love, and even that had to feature her husband jj4 Why can't someone with her so-called impact get a hit to save her life? Why does she have to jump on remixes of popular songs (Perfect, Savage even Mi Gente) to get to the top of the charts? 

She never really cared for the charts at all and honestly, she doesn't need to have a #1 anyway. She'll be THE BEYONCÉ with or without a #1 hit and people will always see her as the queen b i zon't make the rules lotus1

I don’t think anyone really cares about her getting a solo hit besides her obsessed haters tbh. My only problem with my fave is that she doesn’t promote SHIT and it drives me NUTS. So I think there’s your answer for that. rip4 

5 minutes ago, Tahj said:

I don’t think anyone really cares about her getting a solo hit besides her obsessed haters tbh. My only problem with my fave is that she doesn’t promote SHIT and it drives me NUTS. So I think there’s your answer for that. rip4 

Literally her when she finds out Savage is currently #1dead1

The last Beyonce song i remember being a hit here in the UK was "Best Thing I Never Had". Since then her only time in the top #10 was with Drunk In Love, but it wasn't really a radio hit and i only know of that song because i found out about it after i got more in to music and started looking in to the discography of artists more. In terms of features the song "Runnin" that she done with Naughty Boy was quite a big hit at the time. Honestly i don't understand how the "4" era flopped as Run The World and Love On Top are both great catchy songs. 

It's a shame as i like Beyonce and wish she could have more hits but she's struggled to get a good hit since the Sasha Fierce era with most of her songs charting but failing to chart high. I fear that Beyonce the celebrity has surpassed Beyonce the artist. 

28 minutes ago, Tahj said:

and cause she hasnt traditionally released her stuff in like a decade rip3 formation wouldve gone #1 if she wouldve released it on streaming/digital platforms rip3 

also, beyonce played a huge role in Savage going #1, so, this is just as much of her number one as it is megans. ny1 

Beyoncé's status as a celebrity exceeds that of her status as an artist. She's known as an icon outside of her current music career. She hasn't cared about releasing singles or albums traditionally since 2013/4.

She has earned the ranks of artists that have nothing left to prove, a concept you seemingly fail to understand.

28 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Bey's Savage: 

iTunes #8

Spotify #9

Apple Music #9

Megan's Savage: 

iTunes #36 

Spotify #47 

Apple Music #82 

But that's a song that she's featured on. The point here is that none of her own music has been a hit. 

27 minutes ago, Simón. said:

The thing is that Beyonce has nothing left to prove. She is a legend, nothing less. 

I agree, i don't think anyone is doubting that.

23 minutes ago, Madonna said:

Beyoncé's status as a celebrity exceeds that of her status as an artist. She's known as an icon outside of her current music career. She hasn't cared about releasing singles or albums traditionally since 2013/4.

She has earned the ranks of artists that have nothing left to prove, a concept you seemingly fail to understand.

I agree too, but that's my worry, that people will come to know Beyonce for simply being Beyonce rather than for being a great singer / performer / artist. 

23 minutes ago, Madonna said:

This basically, but artistically she continues producing great music and selling out stadiums around both the US and Europe.

Why doesn't she get a solo #1 hit? She basically won't release singles to promote an album and also won't promote shit. Legendary status.

brit15

1 hour ago, Ariana said:

She never really cared for the charts at all and honestly, she doesn't need to have a #1 anyway. She'll be THE BEYONCÉ with or without a #1 hit and people will always see her as the queen b i zon't make the rules lotus1

PERIOD

21 minutes ago, Billie Frank said:

I agree too, but that's my worry, that people will come to know Beyonce for simply being Beyonce rather than for being a great singer / performer / artist. 

I understand your concern, but her last sold out stadium tours (in Europe and the US) have proven that she's fine on that regard.

Beyoncé is a celebrity because people know that she's a great singer and performer. If people know about her personal life it's because of her music, where she controls what she wants to share with the public. The rest are all assumptions that the media makes and that benefits her, because they promote her music for her while she focuses on her craft.

It's been a while since Beyoncé stopped paying attention to singles like that (after IASF), and after a 20 year career you don't have to prove yourself through charts. @Kristina should understand that, since Britney, who is an icon, had her last 2 solo albums peak at #4 and #3 and her last #1 on the HOT 100 in 2011 was a remix of S&M, a song by a comercial TITAN like Rihanna and that was already popular before that remix.

hottie1

5 minutes ago, Manel said:

I understand your concern, but her last sold out stadium tours (in Europe and the US) have proven that she's fine on that regard.

Beyoncé is a celebrity because people know that she's a great singer and performer. If people know about her personal life it's because of her music, where she controls what she wants to share with the public. The rest are all assumptions that the media makes and that benefits her, because they promote her music for her while she focuses on her craft.

It's been a while since Beyoncé stopped paying attention to singles like that (after IASF), and after a 20 year career you don't have to prove yourself through charts. @Kristina should understand that, since Britney, who is an icon, had her last 2 solo albums peak at #4 and #3 and her last #1 on the HOT 100 in 2011 was a remix of S&M, a song by a comercial TITAN like Rihanna and that was already popular before that remix.

hottie1

Britney had a solo #1 in 2011 though, as well as another top 3 and top 10 hit  hottie1 Beyoncé can't even get top 10 hits nowadays hottie1

18 minutes ago, Kristina said:

Britney had a solo #1 in 2011 though, as well as another top 3 and top 10 hit  hottie1 Beyoncé can't even get top 10 hits nowadays hottie1

Formation, released in 2016, peaked at #10 after being out for 3 months for free. And as you may know since you're so worried about Beyoncé's pressence on the charts, free downloads don't count for charts. So yes, it started charting when the album was released and people were allowed to buy the song.

You'll have to live with the fact that Britney has 13 TOP 10 hits and 5 #1's while Beyoncé has 19 TOP 10 hits and 7 #1's (not counting DC's) in about the same time.

hottie1

This thread is just asking to get Britney dragged. With or without the hits people respect Beyonce. Britney NEEDS the hits.

Like others said she doesn't release stuff traditionally on popular and accessible streaming apps. All the collabs she hopped on were released normally and that's why they chart higher.

1 hour ago, Jjang said:

Bey's Savage: 

iTunes #8

Spotify #9

Apple Music #9

Megan's Savage: 

iTunes #36 

Spotify #47 

Apple Music #82 

In Megan's defense before the remix the solo version was already a smash at #9 on spotify and bb100. The remix just helped it to #1. So it wasn't a total flop.

1 hour ago, Ariana said:

Then why she makes these random remixes with popular artists? These choices are definitely happening to get more #1s, she cares about charts. jj4

2 minutes ago, Moira O'Hara said:

Then why she makes these random remixes with popular artists? These choices are definitely happening to get more #1s, she cares about charts. jj4

Ikr rip4 She hops on any song about to go #1 to get the credit. Such a cheap method to get a #1 too

28 minutes ago, Kristina said:

And Britney can’t get out of the bed without a permission hottie1 

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.