Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

ParentalAdvisory

Chromatica leaking

2 minutes ago, Infrared said:

yeah my phone wasn't syncing to itunes so I gave up lmfao 

rip3 i think im going to wait because i dont wannt leave after only listening to like 1-3 tracks

SOUR candy is already my fav song tho and its on spotify, let me listen on my way to WERK

giphy.gif

My ranking after 1 full listen on my morning jog gaga12

Enigma - 100/10, one of the best songs she's ever put out, good for weddings, funerals, etc., what Dua tried and almost succeeded at with Hallucinate

Chromatica I / Alice - haunting, exciting, great way to set the tone for the record

Rain On Me - I've listened probably 50+ times since last week and it keeps getting better

Sour Candy - Swish Swish found dead, funeral is next week

Chromatica III / Sine From Above - weird and too long and over indulgent aka exactly what I hoped from the 2 of them

Stupid Love - easily one of the more basic tracks on the record but still a fun cute bop!

Babylon - somehow so much worse than the demo clip but also still slays? idk we'll see. cute as an outro but too short to stand on it's own

Chromatica II / 911 - oooooh boy. was on the floor the second it stated but the chorus is.... not good. Basically Bad Kids 2.0 in that regard so we'll see how it ages....

Free Woman - was SOO into the leaked version but I feel like they stripped all the personality out of it and turned it into a Zara Larsson b-side..

Plastic Doll - feel like this will grow on me but eeeeh

Replay - pon de "this is fun"

1000 Doves - basic but fun, reminds of Gypsy as far as the thematic content and placement on the record

Fun Tonight - I hate it and she should've just put a remixed version of Brooklyn Nights here because they're like the same damn song

Like... I'm kinda underwhelmed by a lot of the tracks on their own BUT the fact that a lot of them are comically short and that so much of the record just kinda flows without interruption (Confessions on a Dancefloor / Turn off the Light, their impact!) makes it easier to listen all the way through and the sum is definitely greater than it's parts. Except Fun Tonight, that can go rot.

Strut it out, walk a mile

Serve it, ancient city style

Talk it out, babble on

On the cover of a magazine

And yet she'd have us believe her inspos were Crystal Waters & CeCe Peniston.

o1irpkH.gif

After 2 full listens, I was overall caught off guards from the non-stop dancing album it is, but here is the ranking:

1. Sine from Above: 10/10. When I saw a duet with Elton i thought « meeeeh » ... but I was not expecting this at all and I love it... never thought I would put this one on top but here it is. The « lose myself tonight » vibe and their vocals together, mama mia! 

2. Chromatica I/Alice: 10/10. What an intro.... love love love. You get the tone, you get the emotion, that’s the way to start a record. Too short though 

3. Enigma: 9/10. I just think it’s the most accessible one on this album. It could have had a nice lead perspective. 

4. Fun tonight: 8/10. I get the underwhelming feelings you all have, however the chorus (or pre-chorus) melody is very very very catchy to me.... and it has been playing in my head all day.

5. Rain On Me: 8/10. banger, but quickly overshadowed in the full project.

6. Plastic doll: 8/10. It’s catchy and not at the same time, but somehow it has one my best replay value as I can foresee.

7. Babylon : 7/10. I like it and it’s overall nice but I need more time. Will climb up the ranking probably

8. Free Woman: 7/10. Having heard the demo, I am not sure about the path she has taken with the final project.... I liked the last segment of the demo so much, the build up etc.... and here, well... it lacks that energy

9. Stupid Love: 6/10. Easy song, catchy parts. 

10. Replay: 6/10. Like Stupid Love. Catchy parts but oh well it sounds dated 

11. 1000 Doves: 5/10. Forgot how it sounds like already

12. Sour candy: 5/10. We have heard this way too many time already.... Swish, Swish and Truffle Butter but those at least had a decent length.

13. 911: 4/10. Not much to say. It’s here and yeah....

8 minutes ago, YannG said:

After 2 full listens, I was overall caught off guards from the non-stop dancing album it is, but here is the ranking:

1. Sine from Above: 10/10. When I saw a duet with Elton i thought « meeeeh » ... but I was not expecting this at all and I love it... never thought I would put this one on top but here it is. The « lose myself tonight » vibe and their vocals together, mama mia! 

2. Chromatica I/Alice: 10/10. What an intro.... love love love. You get the tone, you get the emotion, that’s the way to start a record. Too short though 

3. Enigma: 9/10. I just think it’s the most accessible one on this album. It could have had a nice lead perspective. 

4. Fun tonight: 8/10. I get the underwhelming feelings you all have, however the chorus (or pre-chorus) melody is very very very catchy to me.... and it has been playing in my head all day.

5. Rain On Me: 8/10. banger, but quickly overshadowed in the full project.

6. Plastic doll: 8/10. It’s catchy and not at the same time, but somehow it has one my best replay value as I can foresee.

7. Babylon : 7/10. I like it and it’s overall nice but I need more time. Will climb up the ranking probably

8. Free Woman: 7/10. Having heard the demo, I am not sure about the path she has taken with the final project.... I liked the last segment of the demo so much, the build up etc.... and here, well... it lacks that energy

9. Stupid Love: 6/10. Easy song, catchy parts. 

10. Replay: 6/10. Like Stupid Love. Catchy parts but oh well it sounds dated 

11. 1000 Doves: 5/10. Forgot how it sounds like already

12. Sour candy: 5/10. We have heard this way too many time already.... Swish, Swish and Truffle Butter but those at least had a decent length.

13. 911: 4/10. Not much to say. It’s here and yeah....

Lol sounds like you Don’t like the album at all 

Just now, Paranomin said:

Lol sounds like you Don’t like the album at all 

Altogether I do :-) piece by piece, there are some generic sounds.  But the album sounds cohesive with standouts. It’s a good pure pop album

12 minutes ago, CHANEL #1 said:

Trying to decide if I want to actually find a link or just wait till tonight. I've heard enough snippets and with my one listen of Sour Candy I think I could wait till tonight.

I legit tried to wait and couldn’t wait. With sour candy being out. I didn’t wanna listen to it by itself. I wanted to listen in chronological order 

Just now, YannG said:

Altogether I do :-) piece by piece, there are some generic sounds.  But the album sounds cohesive with standouts. It’s a good pure pop album

I’m a huge sucker for 90s dance. I absolutely love this album. Some songs are okay. But after listening to it the 3rd listen now I’m really enjoying everything. Especially the chromatica transitions 

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.