Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

ParentalAdvisory

Chromatica leaking

21 minutes ago, Paranomin said:

I’m a huge sucker for 90s dance. I absolutely love this album. Some songs are okay. But after listening to it the 3rd listen now I’m really enjoying everything. Especially the chromatica transitions 

I am too. Grew up with that hahah. I need a full 3rd listen. That being said, I am blown by Sine From Above.... this is one of the best song this year for me. I did not expect that mindblowing piece truly. 

3 minutes ago, YannG said:

I am too. Grew up with that hahah. I need a full 3rd listen. That being said, I am blown by Sine From Above.... this is one of the best song this year for me. I did not expect that mindblowing piece truly. 

I legit forgot Elton John was on the track. Soon as the voice came on I was like who’s dis? And realized who it was. The transition from chromatica II into 911 is one of my all time favorites for a gaga album ever 

4 minutes ago, Paranomin said:

The transition from chromatica II into 911 is one of my all time favorites for a gaga album ever 

Agreed, that transition was epic

Does anyone else think Babylon kinda sounds like Amen Fashion + Black Jesus at times? 

2 minutes ago, Vaccinate ha! said:

Agreed, that transition was epic

Does anyone else think Babylon kinda sounds like Amen Fashion + Black Jesus at times? 

Yeah. I totally got that vibe. Be interesting to mash them up!

4 hours ago, SockBitch said:

My ranking after 1 full listen on my morning jog gaga12

Enigma - 100/10, one of the best songs she's ever put out, good for weddings, funerals, etc., what Dua tried and almost succeeded at with Hallucinate

Chromatica I / Alice - haunting, exciting, great way to set the tone for the record

Rain On Me - I've listened probably 50+ times since last week and it keeps getting better

Sour Candy - Swish Swish found dead, funeral is next week

Chromatica III / Sine From Above - weird and too long and over indulgent aka exactly what I hoped from the 2 of them

Stupid Love - easily one of the more basic tracks on the record but still a fun cute bop!

Babylon - somehow so much worse than the demo clip but also still slays? idk we'll see. cute as an outro but too short to stand on it's own

Chromatica II / 911 - oooooh boy. was on the floor the second it stated but the chorus is.... not good. Basically Bad Kids 2.0 in that regard so we'll see how it ages....

Free Woman - was SOO into the leaked version but I feel like they stripped all the personality out of it and turned it into a Zara Larsson b-side..

Plastic Doll - feel like this will grow on me but eeeeh

Replay - pon de "this is fun"

1000 Doves - basic but fun, reminds of Gypsy as far as the thematic content and placement on the record

Fun Tonight - I hate it and she should've just put a remixed version of Brooklyn Nights here because they're like the same damn song

Like... I'm kinda underwhelmed by a lot of the tracks on their own BUT the fact that a lot of them are comically short and that so much of the record just kinda flows without interruption (Confessions on a Dancefloor / Turn off the Light, their impact!) makes it easier to listen all the way through and the sum is definitely greater than it's parts. Except Fun Tonight, that can go rot.

omg thank you. felt like I was the only one who loved enimga. 

it sounds like ray of light and artpop melted together. 

and I was going to say this is her confessions on a dance floor too!

28 minutes ago, trashbanjo said:

My top 3 changes with each play through. I've never had such a difficult time cementing a top 3 from an album before. giveup3 ugh her mind giveup3

i came here to say this. giveup3

first it was: 1 enigma 2 alice 3 sour candy

now it is:

1. alice

2. enigma

3. babylon

tenor.gif?itemid=4949590

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.