Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Philip

Why is Katy such a fucking flop?

gaga3365, Con Calma and NRO deserved better

gaycat1 Harley’s In Hawaii is for the gays, not the GeePee. lowkey get Lana vibes from it

ari7 the rest were self inflicted by releasing bad music. 

6 minutes ago, Joanne said:

gaga3365, Con Calma and NRO deserved better

gaycat1 Harley’s In Hawaii is for the gays, not the GeePee. lowkey get Lana vibes from it

ari7 the rest were self inflicted by releasing bad music. 

it's so odd that those songs are go good yet didn't perform that well

odd

Just now, Russian Roulette said:

it's so odd that those songs are go good yet didn't perform that well

odd

They are literally some of best songs in my taste. 365 deserved better, it had Zedd after all. 

3 minutes ago, Russian Roulette said:

that and HIH are on my top played still. they still sound fresh

HIH is so fresh. I felt like it had streaming hit potential. Sadly the GeePee said no thanks.

I think Gaga hasn't won either she still hangs in the balance. And it seems she knows it too since she is collabing with popular streaming artists across different demographics and releasing them since she knows people are gonna check them cuz they're more interested in the feature than her after SL's floppage.

Gaga cant get a hit single without adding other people to the song (Bradley, Ariana, BLACKPINK). You Gaga fans are so brave acting like Gaga is a legend like Madonna or Mariah Carey. She will never reach their career heights. Beyonce and Rihanna will be honorable legends. 

32 minutes ago, Gravity said:

I think Gaga hasn't won either she still hangs in the balance. And it seems she knows it too since she is collabing with popular streaming artists across different demographics and releasing them since she knows people are gonna check them cuz they're more interested in the feature than her after SL's floppage.

This. Ariana is the only reason why people enjoy ROM. Her verses >>> the rest of the song

32 minutes ago, Gravity said:

True. 

Ariola collab is calculated af. Without that, Ariola fans wouldn't bother to stream. eve1 

5 minutes ago, Seska said:

Gaga cant get a hit single without adding other people to the song (Bradley, Ariana, BLACKPINK). You Gaga fans are so brave acting like Gaga is a legend like Madonna or Mariah Carey. She will never reach their career heights. Beyonce and Rihanna will be honorable legends. 

Okay but this thread is about Katy Perry not about Lady Gaga so I have no idea why would you say something like this. 

Back in 2017 I was shocked to see how hard she fell with the Witness era. I always had a feeling she would struggle in the long term if she didn't reinvent herself, but when she did it really backfired dead2 I feel bad because you can tell she really TRIED to do something different and show a different side to her music but the wider public wouldn't take it.

I think one big mistake was the long gap between the end of the PRISM era (2014) and the beginning of the Witness era (2017). In between she did the Superbowl but didn't capitalise on it with a new song or album. "Every Day is a Holiday" was not released as a single and "Rise" did nothing to reignite interest in her work. "Chained to the Rhythm" was a hit but not a HUGE hit like her Teenage Dream/Prism Era hits. Then "Bon Appetit" came and killed off her momentum in a such a brutal way. I'm STILL surprised Bon Appetit didn't become a hit, I fully expected it to but it somehow didn't.

Her change in image sadly had an effect on her career. She was also known for her long black hair and being considered 'sexy'. But she tried moving away from that with Witness. She also didn't give the same quick, easy bops like before so that didn't help either. Sadly, she was never taken 'seriously' as an artist during her prime, she was known first and foremost for her candy-coated pop hits. I think Katy really wanted to prove herself as an artist but most people weren't going to listen.

Finally, I think her release schedule of random singles is because she doesn't care about becoming a 'big' pop star again. She got dragged a lot back in 2017 and that probably made her not want to go back to making chart hits. She'd rather release music when she feels like it and not focus on smash hits.

44 minutes ago, Gravity said:

I think what the OP means is that Gaga is in a better position than Katy. Gaga isn't 'slaying' the charts but she was able to get a Top 5 debut with Stupid Love. The song flopped and dropped down the charts hard after that, but her fanbase can still get her to a much higher placement on the charts than Katy.

It's so random ajay1 She didn't even have a slow decline, she just plummeted out of nowhere ajay1 I guess people aren't here for 30+ year olds releasing kids bop music ajay1

24 minutes ago, Skyline said:

I think what the OP means is that Gaga is in a better position than Katy. Gaga isn't 'slaying' the charts but she was able to get a Top 5 debut with Stupid Love. The song flopped and dropped down the charts hard after that, but her fanbase can still get her to a much higher placement on the charts than Katy.

Oh yes this i agree with. Gaga's fans are ride or die for her in comparison with whatever fandom Katy has. 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.