Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Ryana

Is ROM the only good song on Traumatica?

I just heard the album and.....YIKES! This is her worst album. The songs are just trash. They aren't even fun to bop to like Dua's Future Nostalgia. ROM is the only good song from that disastrous album. Fun Tonight is cute but her yelling is grating. Alice could have been a great pop song had someone else produced it. 

The album is just... the definition of nondescript. There's not even anything that indicates this was an album created by Lady Gaga xtina1 These songs could have been demos sent to any pop star (and probably rejected). ROM also falls in that category but at least it's memorable and replayable. The rest... not so much.

10 minutes ago, Earth Ripper said:

The album is just... the definition of nondescript. There's not even anything that indicates this was an album created by Lady Gaga xtina1 These songs could have been demos sent to any pop star (and probably rejected). ROM also falls in that category but at least it's memorable and replayable. The rest... not so much.

It is pretty flat. The same 90s eurodance music for every song.

I expected more from Gaga. Stupid Love and Babylon snippet made the album promising. Unpopular opinion, everybody hates Stupid Love, but it is one of the stand-outs on the album. I don't know... I thought she was going to serve futuristic pop mixed with the 80s here and there. I didn't expect a full 90s eurodance thing that could have been made by anyone. 

And there are already some non fans who bandwagon because that kind of generic dance music is being played in their gay club. ajay1 Of course, they won't admit that. The same people dragged Jaonne, because it wasn't "basic dance music for gay clubs".

25 minutes ago, Earth Ripper said:

Hardly, this album is an album that screams Gaga brit1

It's not her worst, that's for sure. Vocally it's the best thing she has delivered in a long-time. It's also probably her most cohesive. I agree though that it's a bit faceless. It's probably her most generic album. Hardly any strong highlights, aside from Alice maybe. Too many fillers and the songs use almost the same beat on every track. It's not as daring as it should be and as the visuals indicate. It's quite dull but definitely an improvement and the cohesiveness, while not my cup of tea, is quite refreshing for Gaga who was more of a "mixtape album" artist.

1 minute ago, Earth Ripper said:

How? moo1

Tell me one thing that distinguishes this album from a RuPaul album lol3

the lyrics, the intonations, the choices of collabs and influences....like literally so many things. Rain On Me would be completely different if it weren't a Gaga song. 

26 minutes ago, Earth Ripper said:

How? moo1

Tell me one thing that distinguishes this album from a RuPaul album lol3

LMAOOOO maybe you spilled a bit too much tea here. lol3 

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.