Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Katy Petty

Cumatica Review

I would just like to announce that Gaga has finally NOT released complete TRASH. cry2

The single success is only because of her collabs but aside from that Sour Candy and ROM alone shit on anything she has done in the past 6 years. antm1

What do you darlings think about this album? Is she done? Is the sound dated after three listens? 

3.5/5 Hips for Gaga brit16

Ranking her albums I'd say Chromatica definitely ranks higher than ARTPOP and Joanne:

1. The Fame Monster
2. Born This Way
3. The Fame
4. Chromatica
5. ARTPOP
6. Joanne

The album is cohesive in sound and that's also its greatest weakness. It's vocally superior to it's predecessors but the overall production of the songs is already dated on arrival. It sounds very RuPaul. A lot of the songs appear pointless in context of the album...what even is the context? The visual and way this era is set up lends itself to the assumption that this could be a concept album or an album with a clear theme. Sadly, it's neither. Lots of filler tracks that are all not as bad as the lowest lows on ARTPOP and Joanne but also not as good as the highlights of those album and ESPECIALLY not as high as the highlights from her first three albums. It's stellar and sounds much better with headphones but is it a return to form? Not quite yet. She needs to be far more daring and less of a safe-player to get there.

Top 5: Alice, Rain on Me, Sour Candy, Replay & Sine from Above

Flop 5: Stupid Love, 911, Plastic Doll, 1000 Doves, Fun Tonight

Just now, Madonna said:

Ranking her albums I'd say Chromatica definitely ranks higher than ARTPOP and Joanne:

1. The Fame Monster
2. Born This Way
3. The Fame
4. Chromatica
5. ARTPOP
6. Joanne

The album is cohesive in sound and that's also it's greatest weakness. It's vocally superior to it's predecessors but the overall production of the songs is already dated on arrival. It sounds very RuPaul. A lot of the songs appear pointless in context of the album...what even is the context? The visual and way this era is set up lends itself to the assumption that this could be a concept album or an album with a clear theme. Sadly, it's neither. Lots of filler tracks that are all not as bad as the lowest lows on ARTPOP and Joanne but also not as good as the highlights of those album and ESPECIALLY not as high as the highlights from her first three albums. It's stellar and sounds much better with headphones but is it a return to form? Not quite yet. She needs to be far more daring and less of a safe-player to get there.

Top 5: Alice, Rain on Me, Sour Candy, Replay & Sine from Above

Flop 5: Stupid Love, 911, Plastic Doll, 1000 Doves, Fun Tonight

wow I stan this review a bit. The way I expected something WAY different especially with the Welcome to Chromatic playlist. I think it'll grow on me but there's definitely something missing. Maybe it's just different than what I expect from Gaga.

Just now, Infrared said:

wow I stan this review a bit. The way I expected something WAY different especially with the Welcome to Chromatic playlist. I think it'll grow on me but there's definitely something missing. Maybe it's just different than what I expect from Gaga.

I've said numerous times: I'm still interested in her music and if she delivers, I'm ready to revalidate my stan card but she hasn't 100% won me back yet. The album is definitely a step into the right direction, though.

my main "problem" with album is that visuals gave feeling of some kind of cyber punk industrial vibe, and music is nothing like it. album is nice its easy radio friendly pop and i think that was the idea behind it. its not groundbreaking, but definitely will be great summer bop tune.

i think i like Replay the most, its really great track.

I dont get why they decided to use same sample as Swish Swish, it was so unnecessary and ruins a song a bit for me, and i was looking forward for it because of Blackpink.

23 minutes ago, Unapologetic Bitch said:

my main "problem" with album is that visuals gave feeling of some kind of cyber punk industrial vibe, and music is nothing like it. album is nice its easy radio friendly pop and i think that was the idea behind it. its not groundbreaking, but definitely will be great summer bop tune.

i think i like Replay the most, its really great track.

I dont get why they decided to use same sample as Swish Swish, it was so unnecessary and ruins a song a bit for me, and i was looking forward for it because of Blackpink.

I think that's what they were initially going for seeing how Babylon changed from what it was to what it is now.

You can hear this vibe on Stupid Love still...sort of. I personally think this would have been the better direction but they wanted to play it safe and probably have a "pride-ready" album and this would have not been it.

1/5

tfm

btw

joanne

artpop

tf

chromatica

idk there's just something not right about chromatica. the visuals are amazing and i love the blockbuster feel of this cycle. but it's like what @Unapologetic Bitch said... there are some moments of industrial, darkness etc. but then she fucks it with a cringeworthy cheesy chorus. the only edge to the album is sour candy and even that falls short. could have been truly EPIC but the chorus is just so meh

there are highlights (stupid love pre-chorus, sour candy beat, blackpink in general, rain on me video, enigma chorus, alice is ok)

this is like an album of 'nothing on (but the radio)'... that's the level of these songs to me. disappointing af!

12 minutes ago, Madonna said:

I think that's what they were initially going for seeing how Babylon changed from what it was to what it is now.

You can hear this vibe on Stupid Love still...sort of. I personally think this would have been the better direction but they wanted to play it safe and probably have a "pride-ready" album and this would have not been it.

OMG if this is real concept and they did not go with it icant

yes i think they definitely wanted to release easy pop album so she can please old fans while not alienate new "mature" ones.

i love that instrumental, damn

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.