Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Katy Petty

Cumatica Review

31 minutes ago, Madonna said:

I think that's what they were initially going for seeing how Babylon changed from what it was to what it is now.

You can hear this vibe on Stupid Love still...sort of. I personally think this would have been the better direction but they wanted to play it safe and probably have a "pride-ready" album and this would have not been it.

Wow this would’ve slayed lives... scream2

Gaga sampling vogue instrumental, the copycat tries again... anyway, it`s pop and ima listen to it. mad3

Rain on me - 6

Stupid Love - 4

Alice - 7

Free Woman - 7

Fun Tonight - 7

911 - 7

Plastic Doll - 6

Sour Candy- 6

Enigma - 7

Replay - 8

Sine from Above - 7

1000 doves - 7

Voguelon - 10. I actually BOP to the song she copied. JESUS its even more obvious than BTW/EY.

Some of the songs could be on Ru pauls' album and are pure trash.

I will need one or two more listens of it but so far there are no standouts on this album. Sour Candy made me want to listen to it but it just fades into the same sound.

The Elton John song is cute but that's about it. 

I do like the lyrics of Reset tho.

I'll listen to it a few more times to see what i really like from it. So far i kinda don't like anything

if she goes too experimental- artpop- she gets drug through coal for it.

she releases a happy commercially appealing pop album she gets drug through coal too.

this forum is convincing me that no matter what she does some people are intent on hating what she does. 

she said she was making the world dance again. she made it clear that this was a happy sounding album. 

when katy perry said she was making a dark album and delivered prism or teenage dream no one held her to it. but gaga. lets drag that bitch!

my review is: the album has no boring moments. she threw every production and writing tactic found in the "how to write a top 40 smash" book and threw it into Chromatica. and i am happy. 

i love experimentation, but i love top 40 hits more. idc 

ConfusedCoolDuckling-size_restricted.gif

I take my rating back and give her a 2.8/5

Underwhelming, after a few more listens I have to skip more than a couple of songs. I don’t feel like there are standouts and the good ones are just not to her level (911,ROM,Sour Candy and Sine are spared). Joanne had better songs (John Wayne and Dancing in Circles alone). brit8

I knew I was expecting a lot from her but I will keep listening to Gaga’s good albums. gaga1

1 hour ago, STJ said:

It's underwhelming brit15 I can see why she/her team released Stupid Love as the first single now, compared to the rest of the album, it's one of the standout tracks along with Sour Candy and Rain On Me. gaga5

That tends to happen with first singles jj1

Saying Stupid Love is one of the standouts sounds wrong to say but you’re right katy8

1 hour ago, Cl!t said:

I take my rating back and give her a 2.8/5

Underwhelming, after a few more listens I have to skip more than a couple of songs. I don’t feel like there are standouts and the good ones are just not to her level (911,ROM,Sour Candy and Sine are spared). Joanne had better songs (John Wayne and Dancing in Circles alone). brit8

I knew I was expecting a lot from her but I will keep listening to Gaga’s good albums. gaga1

Lmao living for this comment

in a week it will decrease to 2.1/5 

After an honest listen to the album, my opinion is very mixed?

On the one hand I enjoy dance-pop and house music, and stanning Madonna and Kylie, as well as enjoying Gaga's stuff to an extent I should be stanning this?

But at the same time nothing about this feels particularly unique or distinct, and the production while in itself is fine (mostly) it's still kind of dated? Her vocals are on point this album, and she's channeling that disco diva vibe very well, but she oversings in places it's not needed. The softer moments and the return of the FameGa voice from time to time was a pleasant surprise tho.

Chromatica I/Alice and Chromatica II/911 (unpopular ik but I love Madeon) are the highlights for me. But there's also a couple moments on this album that felt a little too inspired by a certain someone.

Then there's moments where it has potential to be interesting, but it plays it so safe that I can't help but feel disappointed because it's safe without being so precisely executed the same way something like Future Nostalgia is. And it doesn't commit to experimenting either.

It's not a bad album, but it's not good either. It's just average. It's enough to give me hope that when she decides to do her next pop album, be it a follow up to this or after some different genre excursion she can experiment and infuse the songs with more of her personality outside of oversinging.

7 hours ago, melomelo said:

if she goes too experimental- artpop- she gets drug through coal for it.

she releases a happy commercially appealing pop album she gets drug through coal too.

this forum is convincing me that no matter what she does some people are intent on hating what she does. 

she said she was making the world dance again. she made it clear that this was a happy sounding album. 

when katy perry said she was making a dark album and delivered prism or teenage dream no one held her to it. but gaga. lets drag that bitch!

my review is: the album has no boring moments. she threw every production and writing tactic found in the "how to write a top 40 smash" book and threw it into Chromatica. and i am happy. 

i love experimentation, but i love top 40 hits more. idc 

ConfusedCoolDuckling-size_restricted.gif

ARTPOP wasn't that experimental dead2 irks me when people say this. The bulk of it was pure dance pop music with some quirky concepts

And there aren't many 'top 40 hits' on Chromatica. Only one is Rain On Me and it's smashing partly because of the featured singer

I enjoy the album ngl but this comment I found on FB got me like interesting1 

Spoiler

I haven't heard the album but from a marketing perspective this is a hard sell. She was an eccentric pop provocateur, then denied everything and asked to be accepted by being her real (boring?) self but lost popularity because of it. So now she wants to be back... but once the mask has fallen can you really put it back? Pop music is unforgiving.

6 hours ago, Urbanov said:

I enjoy the album ngl but this comment I found on FB got me like interesting1 

Reveal hidden contents

I haven't heard the album but from a marketing perspective this is a hard sell. She was an eccentric pop provocateur, then denied everything and asked to be accepted by being her real (boring?) self but lost popularity because of it. So now she wants to be back... but once the mask has fallen can you really put it back? Pop music is unforgiving.

Ok but I have thinking about this tea and glad you spilled it. She said TFM BTW ARTPOP Gaga wasn’t her true self so she does Joanne and then goes back to doing Artpop rejects? Gaga make up your mind sis. brit9

On 5/28/2020 at 8:32 PM, Madonna said:

Top 5: Alice, Rain on Me, Sour Candy, Replay & Sine from Above

Your top 5 would have been perfect without Replay, it's by far one of the most forgettable tracks on the album rip4 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.