Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Divine

Madonna gets dragged on Twitter for making her son dance to stop racism

LOL I swear people do the most out of nothing.  She could post a pic of her with a "Hi" caption and people would go off on her just for that.   Anyway, Go off people show her how righteous and better you'll are. 

I... don't see anything wrong with it? It was a tribute with a song that have lyrics that appeal to what's happening right now. It's not like if she was trying to stop racism or something, where did she said that?! 

I know that this is a sensitive topic right now, but wtf? It wasn't offensive at all.

I love her and I'm always the first to cringe with the things that she does wrong due to her lack of a PR Team (like the Aretha speech), but this really doesn't make sense. She's not the one to blame for what's happening. And it's sad because people are so mad about the George Floyd injustice that they're looking for someone to do catharsis. There are a lot of white racist douches on US media right now, and no one says a shit about them. Sadly, Madonna got the wrong timing.

Her social media power is amazing clap3lana7

On a more serious note - you can get your laughs out of this, I'm laughing with you. The memes are hysterical, but the ones who are legit lashing out are insufferable . dead1

She was advocating to end police brutality against POC (hello, LAP) before these people were born so this "well how ARE YOU helping us, Madanna?3E7F9035-61EE-4B43-A8BC-2DC35C932BC0.png " sentiment comes off as a tiny bit ignorant. She's too busy building schools and hospitals in Malawi while cupcakke is making songs about pedophiles so to paint Madonna as this white bimbo that flexes for the gram but is just another unproductive white karen is low human behavior anna1

She didn't make David dance, by the way. Her kids attend dance classes and they always send her those kind of vids that she later re-posts on her social medias. But I'm sorry these people feel like directing their anger at Madonna's nice gesture bey4

23 minutes ago, Ariana said:

I mean she was only doing what she can to spread awareness especially during a pandemic ig. Idk what they were expecting her to do jj4

Donate bail to the protestors???????? Just post the petition and move on? This was an extremely Weird thing to do. It’s like when a bunch of celebrities sang Imagine for COVID-19. Like... Okay??? 

Just now, Kyoteki said:

Donate bail to the protestors???????? Just post the petition and move on? This was an extremely Weird thing to do. It’s like when a bunch of celebrities sang Imagine for COVID-19. Like... Okay??? 

She literally made two posts about the topic: the original video (that's how I found out about it since the news in my country haven't talked about it) and an old video of George.

But I get that for some people it could feel like that Imagine video, specially for african americans. These are sensitive times and world is going fucking mad.

14 minutes ago, Kyoteki said:

Not half as weird as Gaga "co-curating" an event and "helping" raise money for an organization while not donating shit of her own, tho! 

But only 20% as weird as Gaga donating $1 from every Haus Freaks purchase back to her own foundation dead1

1 hour ago, ICEQueen said:

LOL I swear people do the most out of nothing.  She could post a pic of her with a "Hi" caption and people would go off on her just for that.   Anyway, Go off people show her how righteous and better you'll are. 

You sound delusional as fuck, anyway. 
This is corny as hell, I’m glad she’s bringing coverage to the brutal murder of George. But to be like “here’s my black son dancing to stop killing of black men” dead2

She’s so tone-deaf and out of touch. Literally embarassing

1 minute ago, GagaSavingPop said:

But to be like “here’s my black son dancing to stop killing of black men” 

I....don't think that was the takeaway but alright. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Mendes said:

I....don't think that was the takeaway but alright. 

“My son dances to pay honor and tribute to George and all victims of racism” not verbatim, but my takeaway was correct. It’s cringe, tone-deaf and shes a white woman. It’s corny and something very Madonna for her to do. 

6 minutes ago, GagaSavingPop said:

“My son dances to pay honor and tribute to George and all victims of racism” not verbatim, but my takeaway was correct. It’s cringe, tone-deaf and shes a white woman. It’s corny and something very Madonna for her to do. 

I just can't escape the feeling that if this was anybody else you'd be saying the opposite 

15 minutes ago, GagaSavingPop said:

honor and pay tribute =/= end killings of black men 

4600523ee5606e0c-madonna-the-singles-el-

8 minutes ago, Mr. Mendes said:

I just can't escape the feeling that if this was anybody else you'd be saying the opposite 

If any other white woman had their black son dancing to end racism my reaction would be the same wat3 Any celebrity in general actually, extremely corny. 

I mean they're right that the video is pointless but... so what? 99% of social media is pointless. At least she's spreading some level of awareness. I don't get why we have to point out that certain posts are not helpful, like... We don't have enough time to do that lol3

Classic irrational Madonna hate.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.