Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Ariana

The superior pop album: Chromatica or Future Nostalgia?

The superior pop album  

64 members have voted

1. 1. The superior pop album

These 2 are undeniably the best pop albums released this year gaga1

but which one do you see yourself going back to, years from now? brit16

and which one will age like milk for you? brit16

0f60fe608827ab2ab2d5941f62f37b52.jpg Dua_Lipa_-_Future_Nostalgia_(Official_Al

Speaking unbiased since I'm a Gaga stan, still Chromatica for me gaga1

I don't remember the last time I listened to FN in full gaga1 Probably the week it was released

I only use Physical and Love Again occasionally now.

For Chromatica, I can see myself bopping to the whole album especially 911 and Babylon 15 years from now gaga1

Yup AOTY

n2be5x4kb4r41.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=4ab4ddb44ab768d5c5ee202123f095c2b22fdd60

I’m still listening to Chromatica but honestly it’s shaping up to be really good dead2 

Why are fossils so pressed in BG though? Looks like no matter what kind of material she would drop they will still look for something to drag her dead2 Some of them listening to a leak too, omg imagine the obsession dead2 

7 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

No offense but "age like milk/wine" is an expression used far too much on here dead2 especially if it's like a week later. Real milk wouldn't go bad that quickly nicki5 

17 minutes ago, Ariana said:

but which one do you see yourself going back to, years from now?

nicki5

So far, I still prefer FN. However, recency bias is a thing, so I think this thread fits more a month or two from now after it has had time to sink in.

1 hour ago, Urbanov said:

I’m still listening to Chromatica but honestly it’s shaping up to be really good dead2 

Why are fossils so pressed in BG though? Looks like no matter what kind of material she would drop they will still look for something to drag her dead2 Some of them listening to a leak too, omg imagine the obsession dead2 

Alert me in a few days when this album ages like milk for you so I can quote this again

Future Nostalgia had top-notch production. The songs weren’t particularly progressive but they were easy to distinguish from another without sacrificing the cohesiveness of the album.

Chromatica isn’t bad but it doesn’t stand a chance against FN. The melodies are rather one-dimensional and so is the production. It’s more cohesive but it will get old really quickly especially since there are no clear highlights on this albums.

Not many recently released albums can come close to greatness that Future Nostalgia is. 

FN is truly creative, sounds fresh and unique. Dua slays them vocals.

Chrromotica is pretty good pop album but it could have been literally anyones album, selena gomez could have gotten those songs and it would sound same. Its very easy radio friendly pop, with bit "basic?" production. Lyrically its okay but has few very weak points. 

That said Replay is fucking bop.

But still FN has Levitating thats like best thing released in long time. 

14 minutes ago, Unapologetic Bitch said:

Not many recently released albums can come close to greatness that Future Nostalgia is. 

FN is truly creative, sounds fresh and unique. Dua slays them vocals.

Chrromotica is pretty good pop album but it could have been literally anyones album, selena gomez could have gotten those songs and it would sound same. Its very easy radio friendly pop, with bit "basic?" production. Lyrically its okay but has few very weak points. 

That said Replay is fucking bop.

But still FN has Levitating thats like best thing released in long time. 

Levitating is such a fucking great pop song wow giveup3 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.