Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Ariana

The superior pop album: Chromatica or Future Nostalgia?

The superior pop album  

64 members have voted

1. 1. The superior pop album

I think future Nostalgia has better writing and a bit more of a varied soundscape. I don't think it helped that dua was able to enjoy most of her era before lockdown and Gaga hasn't. 

Chromatica is incredible but it is missing those sonic breaks

I've heard both albums in full once and I thought FN has better melodies/lyrics and relies less on production than Chromatica does.

Also Don't Start Now, Physical and Break My Heart is the perfect streak of singles I've seen in a long time so it wins by default.

2 hours ago, Manel said:

I honestly don't see myself listening to neither in full in a year or so, but if I had to choose one it would probably be FN.

rav1

Yeah, right. I don't see myself doing that either, but there are more chances of me going back to FN's singles than me listening to SL or ROM again rav1 

I love both but after 4 listens on both, I think that I overall prefer Chromatica. Dua's album is really phenomenal but Gaga's is just more exciting and more of a thrill to experience. Dua's is more of a conventional pop experience imo. 

nothing on Chromatica comes even close to Future Nostalgia's -especially- highlights.

in retrospect it's better Gaga delayed Chromatica's release as this turd coming up a week after Future Nostalgia would've made her look like a talentless clown.

Future Nostalga is the better overal package and more commercial. But Coronaintheattic is more interesting.

I prefer Corona over Dua for now. 

idk, like others have said, FN got old fast (havent heard it in full since it was released) and felt too short and uneventful - maybe cause she released it literally when everyone was going into lockdown, so it REALLY got overshadowed dead1 

I dont think anything on Chromatica is better than Physical and Levitating... but I feel like the album as a whole will have more replay value cause theres more to dig into

as of now, idk 

I used the fuck out of FN for about 3 weeks and it really defined a specific weird-ass time for me as my state and country completelt shut down a week before it's release, so I think it's unique for me in that respect. Didn't have much to do so I listened to it. A lot. That being said I haven't listened to it in about a month. brit15

I'm far too old and crusty to think I can develop a sound opinion of an album I've heard 2 times and since yesterday, so Styrofoamatica is going to have to wait a minute to hear It's fate. brit16

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.