Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Ariana

The superior pop album: Chromatica or Future Nostalgia?

The superior pop album  

64 members have voted

1. 1. The superior pop album

For me I've been listening to Chromatica nearly every day since it's release and I'm still enjoying it immensely and have a clearer picture of some of her more eccentric ideas. I can't get over how perfect Part II is for me. Those 6 tracks (the interlude is important here) as an EP... it's up there with TFM for me. 

Was just listening to FN a few days ago after it popped into my head (likely because of this thread) and I still enjoy it a lot, but outside of a couple songs it lacks the aggressiveness I prefer.

1 hour ago, harry said:

FN sounds disappointingly pedestrian when I revisit it now. It was so instantly enjoyable but maybe that’s why it’s aged the way it is for me. 

you know it's anything but.

2 minutes ago, Gabe. said:

you know it's nothing but.

I wish my ears heard different babe. 

CXiFADznj&sz=w512

I did have a thought after posting to specify that I do still think DSN and Physical are amazing tracks that slap hard, and I appreciate a few others like Pretty Please and Levitating so it's not like some barren wasteland of boredom as a project, it's just so like, perfectly crafted to sound great and familiar and sonically easy that I am finding myself melting into myself 2/3rds through wondering where the last half hour went. Idk. I can't hate on it. I'm only dissecting it for the my own comparison of the two albums. 

39 minutes ago, harry said:

I wish my ears heard different babe. 

CXiFADznj&sz=w512

I did have a thought after posting to specify that I do still think DSN and Physical are amazing tracks that slap hard, and I appreciate a few others like Pretty Please and Levitating so it's not like some barren wasteland of boredom as a project, it's just so like, perfectly crafted to sound great and familiar and sonically easy that I am finding myself melting into myself 2/3rds through wondering where the last half hour went. Idk. I can't hate on it. I'm only dissecting it for the my own comparison of the two albums. 

I told y'all. A lot of it sounds like shit we have heard before but with subpar vocal delivery. Pedestrian... What a perfect way to describe it king. clap3

5 hours ago, melomelo said:

I told y'all. A lot of it sounds like shit we have heard before but with subpar vocal delivery. 

yes at this point you sound like an absolutely broken record. like fave like stan i guess.

31 minutes ago, Gabe. said:

yes at this point you sound like an absolutely broken record. like fave like stan i guess.

xtina11 at least you can still hear that "broken record" on the radio. can you say the same about your fav? tay1

19 hours ago, Liberated Matt said:

CORONAmatica already turned into sour milk while Futura Nostalgía ages like the finest pinot noir

6 hours ago, Max said:

Chromatica is a cute girl.

Future Nostalgia is boring.

So Chromatica.

Not these two 2011 legends posting one after the other giveup1

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.