Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Merryem

Trump: "These THUGS are dishonoring the memory of George Floyd...when the looting starts, the shooting starts"

23 minutes ago, trashbanjo said:

Mildly vandalized? You’re joking, right? They’re burning entire buildings, smashing in windows, car jacking people at gun point, graffiting everything in sight, destroying cars, robbing innocent citizens homes, mugging people, harassing disabled people. The vandalism is far from mild. I live 30 minutes from Minneapolis and have driven through these areas and this is far beyond mild vandalism. This is extreme and dangerous and it’s greatly impacting innocent civilians lives. They’re shutting down programs that help and feed low-income and homeless families and children. They’re destroying businesses where people are employed thus causing many to lose their jobs. Please do your research before posting something you have not seen first hand. Please Google images of these riots, many streets in Minneapolis lay in rubble and ruin from extensive fires. It’s going to take YEARS to rebuild these areas and many families have lost their homes and will take a long time to recover from the loses.

While I agree that the officers involved need to be punished to the fullest extent allowed in Minnesota, the riots and vandalism and crime-spree has gotten way out of hand. What Trump said was wrong, we shouldn’t be inciting more rage and violence by saying these violent protestors need to be shot, but it’s true that the mayor and governor should’ve reacted quicker and more appropriately.

Trump wasn’t the one who sent in the National Guard just out of no where, Minnesota’s governor requested the National Guard because these riots have gotten to the point of being domestic terrorism.

And all this could be stopped if they just put the officers to court and charge them. It was obviously murder so the question is WHY are they choosing to go through this whole ordeal of making it a military intervention and shoot justifiably angry people than arrest some white cops? I don't condone attacking innocent people but the US had it coming. These are centuries old problems that the country keeps sweeping under the rug and when you keep them bottled up and don't adress/ make efforts to change them or get rid of them then ofc at one point or another it will burst out like we see now. It's evidence that the US can't/don't want deal with race/minority problems even though they promote themselves as a multicultural progressive country.

15 minutes ago, trashbanjo said:

The fact this wasn’t even posted about on this forum until Trump said something outrageous speaks volumes for many of the members on here. Especially considering most of you are dead focused on Trump and bashing him rather than the protest and cause at hand.

I literally couldn't care less about Trump. I don't make it my goal to bash him but this post in particular was disturbing so I had to comment. Also how do you know we haven't been focused on the cause or protesting (mostly on social media cuz some of us don't live in the US) ? I just don't feel like posting it on a pop forum. This is a mainly pop forum we can't post eveything about BLM that's what twt is for.

3 hours ago, trashbanjo said:

The fact this wasn’t even posted about on this forum until Trump said something outrageous speaks volumes for many of the members on here. Especially considering most of you are dead focused on Trump and bashing him rather than the protest and cause at hand.

because the protests (and the violence) are just a symptom of an underlying, much larger problem xtina2  and Trump is refusing to acknowledge that problem 

instead he's fanning the flames with his stupid tweets 

I know I preach a lot about how wishing death on anyone isn't okay but my god. I really wish this disgusting excuse of a "human being" the absolute worst.

Please for the love of god let us win for ONCE and get him and the rest of his clown collective OUT OF OFFICE!

people were throwing rocks at the firefighters tying to put out the fires... i am speechless.

i like how people are justifying this. i wonder how that would change if you were in the middle of these riots. someone brought up the white guys with guns, they are here too. they are #justice4floyd but they are protecting people and their businesses. 

This is giving me flashbacks to the London riots, which I managed to miss by mere minutes by getting on the train at the right time jj3

bp9.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

This is not justifiable, regardless of the cause.

The cause is important. Let's not tarnish it by supporting criminal activity jj3

2 hours ago, LÉON said:

This is not justifiable, regardless of the cause.

The cause is important. Let's not tarnish it by supporting criminal activity jj3

Protestors are literally assaulting random people in my city, we live in California, I'm sure the people you're attacking support the cause as well !! jj3 It's insane

15 hours ago, trashbanjo said:

This protest and the riots have been going on for almost 3 days now. It’s gone from peaceful to outright violent, extreme, and terroristic in a matter of hours of it starting. Our history is full of movements that succeeded without the need for this level of violence and domestic terrorism. 

There was a large group of protestors who literally left a man to die after he was shot by another protestor. They didn’t call for help, they didn’t stop to help him, they continued their vandalism and left the man to die. A large majority of these protestors aren’t even there for the cause, for the real reason and that is to seek appropriate justice for this man, they’re there just for the hell of it and to fuck shit up.

Calling in the National Guard was the correct thing to do and not in any way an overreaction to what has and is happening in Minneapolis. If it continues, I’m afraid that they will begin detaining and possibly shooting anyone and everyone committing these crimes. There is going to be a lot more blood spilled before this is over, blood that’s from innocent lives. I pray and hope it doesn’t reach the level of having to bring in any other branches of the military, but it’s escalating quickly to that point.

which movements succeeded and exactly for whom did it succeed? i swear people love to bring up MLK and the "peaceful" civil rights movements as if the civil rights movements weren't equally aided by leaders advocating for non-peaceful means of civil protest. protests have been happening for how years, decades now, and literally nothing has changed. for how much white people love to quote MLK, they seem to forget it was MLK himself who said white complacency and the desire for order over justice is the biggest hurdle for black people in attaining freedom in the united states. 

businesses will inevitably reopen. lost property can be restored. buildings can be rebuilt. but seeing so many people prioritize "peaceful protest" shows a sickening prioritization of the status quo in a system that has shown to not only be uncaring towards black lives, but completely work towards the undermining, oppression, and disenfranchisement of the black population. the "real reason" is far and beyond simply seeking justice for george floyd, george floyd was simply the spark that set off the inevitable. to also generalize the majority of protestors as "not even there for the cause" shows some deep-rooted biases, what makes you think they aren't there for the cause?

15 hours ago, trashbanjo said:

what exactly does it say dead2 there are other mediums of communication for politics and world events that aren't on a pop music forum rip4 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.