Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Michael.

Gaga follows Madonna’s footsteps again: Gets dragged on Twitter

40 minutes ago, harry said:

People are free to unfollow? I don't think anyone received unsolicited push notifications of her happiness tweet to their devices. brit16

That is not how Twitter works though? You can see tweets in your timeline from people you don’t follow. ari6

I had a feeling this would happen because this happened during these.. Trying times. 

Part of me wishes she’ll do something for her platform later on and donate money to assist the protestors. 

However people are lashing out because purely out of emotions. Let her enjoy her work that she worked on being released. dead4 

People need to take a break from social media honestly.

9 minutes ago, Michael. said:

That is not how Twitter works though? You can see tweets in your timeline from people you don’t follow. ari6

And they're free to scroll past if if their mind is in such a fragile space that any variance of emotion from the one they're feeling compels them to try and tone police a stranger they don't follow, on the internet. 

And? ari6

She’s been working on this album for years. Yes, it’s bad timing, but the album was scheduled to release today regardless of current events. She literally delayed it once to focus on those hurt by the pandemic, but this horrific murder occurred mere days before it dropped. 

People can experience different emotions. She tweeted about supporting George’s family and bringing the cops to justice for murder. She’s obviously heartbroken like millions of Americans. But to say she can only experience sorrow until you say she can’t is not human-like. This is a big day for her, something she’s been preparing for years.

Her music also aims to help people heal. Music is therapy to millions of people. Her last album discussed the very topic of injustice on black citizens with “Angel Down,” a song dedicated to Trayvon Martin. So let’s focus our energy on fighting actual white supremacy and corrupt, racist police and not on Lady Gaga, who is an advocate for BLM and always will be.

18 minutes ago, harry said:

And they're free to scroll past if if their mind is in such a fragile space that any variance of emotion from the one they're feeling compels them to try and tone police a stranger they don't follow, on the internet. 

And? ari6

Who said otherwise? I’m just stating that a tweet is public for everyone to see, it’s not exclusive to fans nor the people who follow her. ari6

9 minutes ago, Michael. said:

Who said otherwise? I’m just stating that a tweet is public for everyone to see, it’s not exclusive to fans nor the people who follow her. ari6

Well, yes, and I know that, but unless she actually markets it as a promoted post then she's not shoving it in anyone's face unwillingly. (aka if you log on you consent to what you scroll through) No one has any right to tell her not to celebrate her achievements, especially when she's already been vocal about police violence, currently and in the past. (This doesn't mean I don't need her to do more.)

I guess NONE of us are allowed to be happy until LGBT folk in the Middle East stop getting thrown off buildings or stoned to death in Mecca, the Rohingya genocide in Myanmar stops, and the indoctrination camps in Xinjiang are liberated.

So she's getting dragged for her album to be released today? dead4 These twitter people are too much 

Ugh!  What are all these people doing to change things tho? Burning, looting, destroying their own communities, is that what they want them to do? Why instead of "dragging" celebrities on social  media they do something to change things and get off their high horses.

Urg, just let her be happy for her own success. Her album selling and people enjoying her music does not lessen or take away from what's going on, especially when she has today, yesterday and all the years before spoken up, supported and promoted equality, blacklivesmatter and countless other movements. Not too long ago she raised over $100m for corona virus and now people seem to want to shit on her. 

7 hours ago, Gravity said:

Not as tiring as innocent black people getting killed. I'm sure these white women will survive the internet while they stroll down the street without fear of cops killing them for no reason.

You make it sound like white women are so oppressed poor them

On the mark with this one!

5 hours ago, harry said:

She's gonna sacrifice first week sales by doing this. Respect to her, but the world can't and won't stop in response to what happened to the late George Floyd (RIP). We all need to sign the petitions and take a stand, say his name etc., absolutely, he cannot die in vain. But Gaga going ahead with a planned album release likely 6 months+ in advance and celebrating that is not disrespectful, and doesn't take anything away from the millions paying respects to George Floyd and raising awareness to his murder.

twitter is the biggest staff infection on the internet. first madonna now gaga. shes celebrating her whiteness? how about she is celebrating the release of her album that she had to postpone... how was she supposed to know a black man was going to be killed senselessly a week before? was she supposed to develop esp?

these people just look to be offended. 

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.