Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

popmusiccritic

Gaga's best album?

?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Best?

• The Fame
    • The Fame Monster
    • Born This Way
    • ARTPOP
    • Joanne
    • Chromatica
  2. 2. Worst?

The Fame Monster. But I don't think she's delivered a truly exceptional album yet, there's always a filler or two, and they always sound dated.

Just now, Paranomin said:

I like all her albums. My favorite is chromatica and least is Joanne. I can listen to Joanne if I’m in the mood. But I lovveeee perfect illusion 

joanne has a lot of meh tracks but WHEW the highs are high (dancin in circles, john wayne, perfect illusion, and maybe diamond heart) 

The Fame is one of my fav and BTW has a special place for me when this album came out i was living one of the best time of my life and for me its good...

but Joanne it's a no for me... i only listen to 2 songs....

Born This Way will always be one of my favourite albums since it really helped Me accept who I am. 

I forced myself to like Perfect Illusion when it came out and then when the album dropped I deleted that shit almost right after. I didn’t like it at all. 

Born This Way (9.5/10) = Chromatica (9.5/10) >

ARTPOP (8.5/10) >

Joanne (8/10) >

The Fame (7.5/10) >

The Fame Monster (7/10)

All her albums have moments that keep them from being perfect, but Born This Way and Chromatica are the 2 albums that get closest (the first 8 songs of Chromatica are pop perfection, and had it stopped there, it would have gotten a 10/10). For now, it's hard to choose either Born This Way or Chromatica. But it's clear that Chromatica is an evolution of what Gaga learned from all of the best moments from all of her past albums - but it does still have a few missteps, especially towards the end. Unlike Born This Way, where the less desirable moments are quick and fleeting, Chromatica (similarly to ARTPOP and Joanne) has a few entire songs that I would have preferred had never made the cut at all (Sine From Above, Babylon, and Love Me Right). But the overall decency (not perfection) of Enigma, Replay, and 1000 Doves keeps the second half of the album from completely falling apart. And I really can't stress enough that the earlier half of the album is EVERYTHING I needed from a Gaga album - and more than makes up for those later weaker moments.

BTW > TFM > ARTPOP > Chromatica (for now) > The Fame >> Joanne

Chromatica definitely isn't perfect but it's just so FUN it's easy to ignore the flaws here and there. I think it makes up for the past seven years of torture she put me through whit2

1. Chromatica
  2. ARTPOP
  3. The Fame Monster
  4. Born This Way
  5. The Fame
  6. Joanne

it might be the new album hype, but i find Chromatica close to perfect, it's easily her most cohesive and consistent album as a whole, and on top of that it's just really a collection of my fave genres in music, it's kinda made for my taste so i'm calling it my fave from her! whit2

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.