Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Infrared

Billboard teases ROM at #1

Rain on Me" could launch as Gaga's fifth No. 1 and Grande's fourth.

Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande's new single "Rain on Me" appears headed for a thunderous debut, possibly at No. 1, on next week's Billboard Hot 100 songs chart (dated June 6).

The duet was released to digital service providers for streaming and purchase at midnight ET Friday, May 22, while its official video premiered that afternoon. The song is the second single from Gaga's album Chromatica, which arrived today (May 29); first single "Stupid Love" debuted and peaked at No. 5 on the Hot 100 in March.

The Hot 100 blends all-genre U.S. streaming, radio airplay and digital sales data.

According to projections based on industry forecasts and building Nielsen Music/MRC Data figures, "Rain" could draw over 25 million U.S. streams and 8 million in radio airplay audience and sell over 50,000 in its first full tracking week.

Notably, if "Rain" opens atop the Hot 100, it would mark the first instance of an all-female collaboration supplanting another. It would additionally become the third such No. 1 in four weeks, after "Savage" and Doja Cat's "Say So," featuring Nicki Minaj (May 16). In the Hot 100's nearly 62-year history prior to "Say So," just five songs exclusively by multiple solo women reigned.

A No. 1 launch for "Rain" on the Hot 100 would earn Gaga her fifth leader and second chart-topping entrance, following "Born This Way" in February 2011. With such a start, she would claim the mark for the longest span of No. 1 debuts: nine years, three months and one week.

The top 10 of the June 6-dated Hot 100 is scheduled to be revealed Monday (June 1), with all charts updating on Billboard.com Tuesday (June 2).

wow from a fad to two number ones in a year moo13

18 minutes ago, Scotty said:

They deserve it, it’s the best song released this year. 

Not after Sour Candy, Replay and Babylon were released this week

670567BF-CF50-4104-9F92-ACF8A2BB769C.jpeg.0d20ae8b789a5b99fed5d9b596d402b6.jpeg

59 minutes ago, Gilly said:

@Kidd lurking.. icon oprah15

ari7 I haven't talked to her in years. 

Still waiting for her to cancel me for trying to our her as any gender other than how she wants to present herself. What garbage, mawma. nicki5

the sheer POWER of it all giveup3 

10 hours ago, Habits said:

Also wouldn't this bring Gaga to have number #1 on the hot 100 in three different decades? antm1

indeed it does antm1 

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.