Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

melomelo

so who is more original?

someone who takes rejected tracks and makes them their own or someone who takes published remixes?

in case you need help putting 2 and 2 together. here is madonnas completely 100% original vogue

madonna took a remix and added a super simple (but catchy) baseline. janets remix was released 1989 and vogue was released 1990.

come for gaga again.

giphy-downsized.gif?cid=549b592d1f762595

5 minutes ago, melomelo said:

it doesn't, maybe this will help both of us

Sis nobody is saying Madoner created that sound or invented talking over songs... But Babaloney sounds so MUCH like Vogue, there's no way Googa was inspired by Malcolm mclaren or that janet song that nobody has ever heard of mad5mad5

Xtina did a similar song called "Glam" in 2010, she cited Vogue as the inspiration, and glam didn't even sound like Vogue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZXLNhWK1H0

While's Babaloney sounds IDENTICAL to that talking part in Vogue gaga5gaga5 That's why literally everyone (except delusions moobsters) can see that she got inspired by Medoner's Vogue. 

Having said that, she's not getting backlash for it, so why are you bothered sis? People are just seeing the similarities, they're not even discrediting that Babaloney is a jam tina1

1 minute ago, STJ said:

Sis nobody is saying Madoner created that sound or invented talking over songs... But Babaloney sounds so MUCH like Vogue, there's no way Googa was inspired by Malcolm mclaren or that janet song that nobody has ever heard of mad5mad5

Xtina did a similar song called "Glam" in 2010, she cited Vogue as the inspiration, and glam didn't even sound like Vogue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZXLNhWK1H0

While's Babaloney sounds IDENTICAL to that talking part in Vogue gaga5gaga5 That's why literally everyone (except delusions moobsters) can see that she got inspired by Medoner's Vogue. 

Having said that, she's not getting backlash for it, so why are you bothered sis? People are just seeing the similarities, they're not even discrediting that Babaloney is a jam tina1

"why does the TALKING part sound identical..." the TALKING part? thats what you hinge your argument on? staccato. talking?
tenor.gif

Just now, STJ said:

We wouldn't be having these discussions if they're not identical jj2

we are having these discussions because madonna stans keep trying to come for gagas originality when you fav is at the top of the list of con artists.

and ill remind you, one of the key elements of house music is SPOKEN word over the beat.

tenor.gif?itemid=13880407

4 minutes ago, melomelo said:

we are having these discussions because madonna stans keep trying to come for gagas originality when you fav is at the top of the list of con artists.

and ill remind you, one of the key elements of house music is SPOKEN word over the beat.

tenor.gif?itemid=13880407

Google wouldn't be dragged for originality if she credited people properly whenever she samples or inspired by something. Like when T Swift released Look what u made me do, she credited the original artist, she didn't get dragged for it.

The problem people have with ThiefGa and ThiefYonce is that they often never credit the artists they taken inspirations from. Watch her thank Whitney Houston when she wins awards for Croakmatica... when it's clearly medoner mad5

Also, it's not just madonna stans coming for Babylon, like i posted in my first post, even non-stans can hear it... music reviewers, critics etc. 

Just now, STJ said:

Google wouldn't be dragged for originality if she credited people properly whenever she samples or inspired by something. Like when T Swift released Look what u made me do, she credited the original artist, she didn't get dragged for it.

The problem people have with ThiefGa and ThiefYonce is that they often never credit the artists they taken inspirations from. Watch her thank Whitney Houston when she wins awards for Croakmatica... when it's clearly medoner mad5

Also, it's not just madonna stans coming for Babylon, like i posted in my first post, even non-stans can hear it... music reviewers, critics etc. 

let me quote you:

Sis nobody is saying Madoner created that sound or invented talking over songs...

and then

While's Babaloney sounds IDENTICAL to that talking part in Vogue

you are arguing that gagas "talking" part is "identical" to vogues. 99% of house songs have TALKING parts. and talking sounds very very similar over a beat.

which talking part are you referring because i counted the beats the beats are not identical. 

7 minutes ago, ICEQueen said:

And they have the nerve to call Madonna stans obssesed mad13

Also a gaga stan talking about originality mad13

And they have the nerve to call Gaga stans obssesed mad13

Also a madonna stan talking about originality mad13

1 minute ago, melomelo said:

let me quote you:

and then

you are arguing that gagas "talking" part is "identical" to vogues. 99% of house songs have TALKING parts. and talking sounds very very similar over a beat.

which talking part are you referring because i counted the beats the beats are not identical. 

It's hard to explain... it just sounds identical brit15 

It's like the talking in Rain On Me sounds different from the talking in Babylon.

14 minutes ago, STJ said:

It's hard to explain... it just sounds identical brit15 

It's like the talking in Rain On Me sounds different from the talking in Babylon.

... lol

13 minutes ago, STJ said:

Also you made me stream Babaloney 10 times, I hate you brit15tina1

i study music. its my job to catch similarities in music. when you dont have a melody to go off (as is in this case) you go off of beat pattern. beats per minute. the beats per verse. how many times does the pattern repeat. etc. i counted the beats in the nonmelodic parts of the song. they are not the same. gagas song has more beats in her spoken parts, and more beats in the song overall because she repeats her spoken parts. madonnas spoken parts have 4 beats at most (the vogue part). her listing the hollywood stars has a lot of beats but they are separated by the same time signature. gagas beats in her chorus do not follow the same time signature as madonnas. gagas time signature is faster because her beats are more rapid fire. she has to fit more beats in the measure following the "ba ba babylon" part. madonnas beats are consistent through out her hollywood stars talking part, as in same time signature in all measures.

1 minute ago, melomelo said:

... lol

i study music. its my job to catch similarities in music. when you dont have a melody to go off (as is in this case) you go off of beat pattern. beats per minute. the beats per verse. how many times does the pattern repeat. etc. i counted the beats in the nonmelodic parts of the song. they are not the same. gagas song has more beats in her spoken parts, and more beats in the song overall because she repeats her spoken parts. madonnas spoken parts have 4 beats at most (the vogue part). her listing the hollywood stars has a lot of beats but they are separated by the same time signature. gagas beats in her chorus do not follow the same time signature as madonnas. gagas time signature is faster because her beats are more following rapid fire. she has to fit more beats in the measure the "ba ba babylon" part. madonnas beats are consistent through out her hollywood stars talking part, as in same time signature in all measures.

gag1

3 minutes ago, melomelo said:

... lol

i study music. its my job to catch similarities in music. when you dont have a melody to go off (as is in this case) you go off of beat pattern. beats per minute. the beats per verse. how many times does the pattern repeat. etc. i counted the beats in the nonmelodic parts of the song. they are not the same. gagas song has more beats in her spoken parts, and more beats in the song overall because she repeats her spoken parts. madonnas spoken parts have 4 beats at most (the vogue part). her listing the hollywood stars has a lot of beats but they are separated by the same time signature. gagas beats in her chorus do not follow the same time signature as madonnas. gagas time signature is faster because her beats are more following rapid fire. she has to fit more beats in the measure the "ba ba babylon" part. madonnas beats are consistent through out her hollywood stars talking part, as in same time signature in all measures.

A song doesn't necessarily have to have the same beat to sound identical/similar, for example you can take a Mozart piece and put it in a different time signature and/or different pitch, but it's still the same music piece composed by Mozart. brit15 

In this case, it's more to do with literature, particularly poetry and syllables/rhythm. (Disclaimer: I'm not calling Vogue lyrics or Babylon POETRY, but it kind of falls into that poetic rules). The syllables and rhythm are very similar/identical, the use of rhymes, short words... (I know medoner didn't invent rhymes but just trying to make a point here). 

That's all I can do to explain it. brit15

16 minutes ago, melomelo said:

And they have the nerve to call Gaga stans obssesed mad13

Also a madonna stan talking about originality mad13

Not you copying my post   mad13

Making your fave proud mad13

7 minutes ago, STJ said:

A song doesn't necessarily have to have the same beat to sound identical/similar, for example you can take a Mozart piece and put it in a different time signature and/or different pitch, but it's still the same music piece composed by Mozart. brit15 

In this case, it's more to do with literature, particularly poetry and syllables/rhythm. (Disclaimer: I'm not calling Vogue lyrics or Babylon POETRY, but it kind of falls into that poetic rules). The syllables and rhythm are very similar/identical, the use of rhymes, short words... (I know medoner didn't invent rhymes but just trying to make a point here). 

That's all I can do to explain it. brit15

the songs are similar by nature of the genre. verified by the rolling stones article on how chromatica was made. burns is a 90s house influenced producer so he knows how the genre works.

i dont care that people say the songs are similar but to say "copy" is wrong. thats what irks me. cause it happened before and anyone who works in music will tell you certain elements in making songs in certain genres makes things seem bland. thats why house music didnt last long.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.