Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

LÉON

LÉON Listens to Chromatica for the First Time

5 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Yes agreed oprah15

Great writing I can't believe it oprah15

And that delicious outro felt like So Happy I Could Die returned from the dead oprah15

But I 100% agree with you. I like the song but I wish she had pushed it a little further, she was too committed to the rule book. 

Another 60 seconds and exploring the chrous further and 911 would really warrant that number, but I just feel content enough she tackled with her previous sonic/thematic topography in an indirect and sequel-esque way. oprah15

2 minutes ago, Ghostface said:

All of them indeed fall under stronger moments on the album. I actually do appreciate Sine From Above though. It is definitely tougher than Free Woman, Fun Tonight, Sour Candy.

While ARTPOP is heavier conceptually-wise and sometimes too indulging in its own themes, Chromatica feels more liberated presenting itself as pure dancefloor-ready project. It feels volative here and there, because it is bound to be approachable.

Plastic Doll is nice addition considering it gives us a little break between all the beats before and after and presents another self-reflective moment, which is still best done on 911.

Ooh tea, ARTPOP was inaccessible because it was far too self-indulgent juicy1

Maybe the reason why Chromatica seems a little disappointing is because she's become less of a concept and more of a popstar juicy1

FW, FT and SC are all nadirs on the album, alongside 1000 Dives. I don't think I have the patience to listen to Sine again katy4

19 minutes ago, LÉON said:

Ooh tea, ARTPOP was inaccessible because it was far too self-indulgent juicy1

Maybe the reason why Chromatica seems a little disappointing is because she's become less of a concept and more of a popstar juicy1

FW, FT and SC are all nadirs on the album, alongside 1000 Dives. I don't think I have the patience to listen to Sine again katy4

Chromatica is still bound to a concept, but this time around, it is directly about being dance machine. I actually think it helped her more in a way to feel as euphoric as she is rejecting the notion to complicate things more with numerous themes. I mean, after completing the album, you understand this is really the dancefloor she fought for, but she already had those battles during The Fame Monster and Born This Way. She is now paying homage primarly to herself from a distance from everything she has done before blending her selves into dance/house/retro landscape voluntarily choosing more conventional sides in that same spectrum ( for better or worse ).

1000 Doves and Sine From Above go hand in hand together and I appreciate those two and they feel somehow born from ideas behing The Edge Of Glory. Both are also thumping, so I think they are good additions.

18 hours ago, LÉON said:

The intro of Replay sounds like Baba O'Reilly by The Who (aka @Royalty's fave band).

I enjoy the disco vibe of this, serving Future Nosegaga and a nice change from the 90s sound which was starting to become EXHAUSTING.

I do wish singers would stop singing "may" to make it rhyme, though rip2

"Damage is done" serving Judas pre-chorus vocals yas2 The way she chews up the last chorus. It's a highlight on the album, but in the grander scheme of music, it's a solid 7.

rip2 

19 hours ago, Ghostface said:

Chromatica is still bound to a concept, but this time around, it is directly about being dance machine. I actually think it helped her more in a way to feel as euphoric as she is rejecting the notion to complicate things more with numerous themes. I mean, after completing the album, you understand this is really the dancefloor she fought for, but she already had those battles during The Fame Monster and Born This Way. She is now paying homage primarly to herself from a distance from everything she has done before blending her selves into dance/house/retro landscape voluntarily choosing more conventional sides in that same spectrum ( for better or worse ).

1000 Doves and Sine From Above go hand in hand together and I appreciate those two and they feel somehow born from ideas behing The Edge Of Glory. Both are also thumping, so I think they are good additions.

On another artist this would seem arrogant and petty but somehow it feels like Gaga deserves to have made this album. It definitely feels like she made it to please herself rather than the Monsters, or her aunt orangu1

On 5/31/2020 at 6:18 PM, LÉON said:

Enigma feels like a song that was written simply because she liked the word lol3 The most uninteresting song so far.

@harry how about convincing me otherwise? meg1

Just now, STJ said:

@LÉON So what is your final verdict? Did you enjoy the album? Was your stan card renewed? gaga4

While the album isn't tenor.gif?itemid=10981764&f=1&nofb=1, it's an improvement on Noanne and is a lot more listenable than BTW and AP. It's good to finally hear her being a popstar, rather than trying to be tenor.gif?itemid=10981764&f=1&nofb=1, but some of the songs sound beneath her (Fun Tonight, Enigma, 1000 Dumps, Sour Candy) and the features feel unnecessary gaga6 I'm not sure how much Replay.mp3 value the whole thing has, but a quick lil EP featuring the likes of Love Me Right, Replay and 911 would be tenor.gif?itemid=10981764&f=1&nofb=1

13 minutes ago, LÉON said:

@harry how about convincing me otherwise?

I had just thoroughly convinced myself I believe the same information Pirchfork had fed me regarding the song and fully embraced it as the big gay Vegas catwalk strut it is till you filled my world with doubt and dismissed it as one-dimensional nonsense. It was a grower for me but idk I don't have a huge defense for it yet. I just had to let you know I am DISTRAUGHT. meg1

1 minute ago, harry said:

I had just thoroughly convinced myself I believe the same information Pirchfork had fed me regarding the song and fully embraced it as the big gay Vegas catwalk strut it is till you filled my world with doubt and dismissed it as one-dimensional nonsense. It was a grower for me but idk I don't have a huge defense for it yet. I just had to let you know I am DISTRAUGHT. meg1

This is a much more illuminating response than I expected rip2 Usually when someone downvotes something it's because they disagree, not because their viewpoint has been shattered.

Pop a 911 then pop another one and maybe you'll feel better katy2

1 hour ago, LÉON said:

While the album isn't tenor.gif?itemid=10981764&f=1&nofb=1, it's an improvement on Noanne and is a lot more listenable than BTW and AP. It's good to finally hear her being a popstar, rather than trying to be tenor.gif?itemid=10981764&f=1&nofb=1, but some of the songs sound beneath her (Fun Tonight, Enigma, 1000 Dumps, Sour Candy) and the features feel unnecessary gaga6 I'm not sure how much Replay.mp3 value the whole thing has, but a quick lil EP featuring the likes of Love Me Right, Replay and 911 would be tenor.gif?itemid=10981764&f=1&nofb=1

Sis I just wanted yes or no brit15 but this made me chuckle bey11

7 minutes ago, STJ said:

Sis I just wanted yes or no brit15 but this made me chuckle bey11

You ask me three questions in one and then expected a yes or a no? bey11

What is your take on the ablum?

4 minutes ago, LÉON said:

You ask me three questions in one and then expected a yes or a no? bey11

What is your take on the ablum?

Pretty much most things you said in this thread katy3

Except for some songs, we clearly have different tastes, as I love sour candy and 1000 doves katy2

2 minutes ago, STJ said:

Pretty much most things you said in this thread katy3

Except for some songs, we clearly have different tastes, as I love sour candy and 1000 doves katy2

Too much Sour Candy destroyed your taste buds sis katy2

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.