Sign in to follow this  

LÉON Listens to Chromatica for the First Time

7 minutes ago, LÉON said:

Why "Sine"? Maybe @fab can enlighten me.

because music like any signal can be decomposed into superpositions of sine and cosine functions    

so "one sine" is like one tiny hint of a sound i guess  oprah11 

1 minute ago, Freaky Prince said:

Gaga is Elton's kids' godmother. Pretty sure you confused him with Boy George nicki5

Boy George is in no position to have beef with anyone gaga1

Just now, fab said:

because music like any signal can be decomposed into superpositions of sine and cosine functions    

so "one sine" is like one tiny hint of a sound i guess  oprah11 

Chromatica is a tiny hint of a better album yes oprah3

2 minutes ago, LÉON said:

Chromatica is a tiny hint of a better album yes oprah3

vXkc6Xe.gif 

1000 Dives on the Hot 100 is beneath her, even at this point. I can't believe she released something SO generic fall8

Babylon is, to all intents and purposes, a "good" song, but none of the lyrics have anything to do with each other. Again, she just wanted to make a song called Babylon and was like OMG WIG, Babylon = Babble On Q04wMpQ.gif

"Body's moving like a statue"?

"16th century smile"?

"Tower of... babble"?

Q04wMpQ.gif

It's a mini bop, but what a crock of shite lyrically rip2

The production is good, at least. The gospel choir at the end serving Sacrilege by Yeah Yeah Yeahs yas2

It's a highlight on the album, but in the grander scheme of music, it's a solid 7. 

fall4 

4 minutes ago, Gilly said:

gives us a TL;DR review sis gaga4

A cohesive album, but then so was TFM and it was 10x more interesting.

I'll enjoy hearing Alice in the background at the hairdressers when they finally reopen gaga1

11 minutes ago, LÉON said:

1000 Dives on the Hot 100 is beneath her, even at this point. I can't believe she released something SO generic fall8

Babylon is, to all intents and purposes, a "good" song, but none of the lyrics have anything to do with each other. Again, she just wanted to make a song called Babylon and was like OMG WIG, Babylon = Babble On Q04wMpQ.gif

"Body's moving like a statue"?

"16th century smile"?

"Tower of... babble"?

Q04wMpQ.gif

It's a mini bop, but what a crock of shite lyrically rip2

The production is good, at least. The gospel choir at the end serving Sacrilege by Yeah Yeah Yeahs yas2

Shookeh at you not clocking on at the Vogue copy, mind you Fossils have done enough BGs about that lately. 

I really enjoy Babylon but agree with you about it lyrically. 

I just realised the 2nd last song is 1000 Dives not 1000 Doves. Again i agree about it being forgettable.

Just now, Billie Frank said:

Shookeh at you not clocking on at the Vogue copy, mind you Fossils have done enough BGs about that lately. 

I really enjoy Babylon but agree with you about it lyrically. 

I just realised the 2nd land song is 1000 Dives not 1000 Doves. Again i agree about it being forgettable.

The 2nd land song? brit15 What, sis?

I got the Vogue overtones, but then she already snatched that on DITD so why not have another go while she's busy plundering her own back catalogue anyway?

On second listen, Alice is a bit of a bop shock1

Free Woman is still piss-poor, but the verses have a pleasing melody structure.

Considering how short all of these songs are, they are damn forgettable ajay1

She uses an almost identical late 90s fade-up drum line in Free Woman and Fun Tonight ajay1

5 minutes ago, LÉON said:

The 2nd land song? brit15 What, sis?

I got the Vogue overtones, but then she already snatched that on DITD so why not have another go while she's busy plundering her own back catalogue anyway?

Whoops. Meant 2nd last. brit15

Well, 911 being among surviving songs is not surprising. That one really does go back to raw Gaga, especially during verses and each listen makes it stronger. Maybe chorus needed a littl bit more of an upgrade, but it is still bumpingly effective and memorable.

Wait, Love Me Right exists thank u @CHANEL #1 juicy1

Her scheming to get her stans to buy physical copies juicy1

It needed a bridge juicy1 Far too short. But it's the kind of late-80s production I stan and it might be a last-minute favourite juicy1

5 minutes ago, Ghostface said:

Well, 911 being among surviving songs is not surprising. That one really does go back to raw Gaga, especially during verses and each listen makes it stronger. Maybe chorus needed a littl bit more of an upgrade, but it is still bumpingly effective and memorable.

911, Alice, Replay, Babylon and Love Me Right might be the only survivors juicy1 Although Plastic Troll grew on me just a little bitT

11 minutes ago, Ghostface said:

Yes agreed oprah15

Great writing I can't believe it oprah15

And that delicious outro felt like So Happy I Could Die Gaga returned from the dead oprah15

But I 100% agree with you. I like the song but I wish she had pushed it a little further, she was too committed to the rule book. 

Just now, LÉON said:

911, Alice, Replay, Babylon and Love Me Right might be the only survivors juicy1 Although Plastic Troll grew on me just a little bitT

All of them indeed fall under stronger moments on the album. I actually do appreciate Sine From Above though. It is definitely tougher than Free Woman, Fun Tonight, Sour Candy.

While ARTPOP is heavier conceptually-wise and sometimes too indulging in its own themes, Chromatica feels more liberated presenting itself as pure dancefloor-ready project. It feels volative here and there, because it is bound to be approachable.

Plastic Doll is nice addition considering it gives us a little break between all the beats before and after and presents another self-reflective moment, which is still best done on 911.

I finally worked out what the verses of 911 sound like: