Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Ariana

Protesters Looted a Louis Vuitton Store, Over $85,000 Worth of Goods Stolen

Any point made by James Woods is null and void and unimportant. 

But OT: I don't know that these people are legitimate protestors to be totally honest. When something like this happens, there's two groups of people that turn out. There's the group that are out there genuinely protesting for the cause, the ones that feel so moved by the inciting event that they're risking their life and sparing their time to stand up for what they believe in. The other group is the people who piggy back off a legitimate issue and use it as a cover to participate in behavior that has nothing to do with the crises at hand. And that's what has frustrated me about the ones criticizing the protests using the actions of looters as support for their position. It's two different groups, not one and the same. 

Legendary, I’ll be waiting when they go on resale. Kii at people equating every looter to the movement, it’s obvious that a lot of people are just opportunists in this current moment of chaos. 
But anything to devalue the cause I guess 

Fuck James Woods.
Also as mentioned before, most of the looters aren't protesters. They're just people that are taking advantage of the chaos.
And although I disagree with the action itself, Louis Vuitton, Target and whatever other big corporation they looted will survive. If you're gonna be worried about the looting, worry about the small local businesses instead. Many of them are still reeling from the effects of the lockdown and barely staying afloat. There are also family businesses in areas like Chinatown, Koreatown & Little Tokyo that were already losing business thanks to the stigma surrounding the virus, and are now also being looted and vandalized. Worry about them instead, because they might not survive. 

10 hours ago, Princess Aurora said:

This is Civil War and I'm glad it's happening :) We need to get rid of the dirt in our Society rose1 

Yes, we need to get rid of the dirt who have hopped on the scene for some free handbags and probably don't give a shit about black lives rip1

16 hours ago, Mr. Mendes said:

Any point made by James Woods is null and void and unimportant. 

But OT: I don't know that these people are legitimate protestors to be totally honest. When something like this happens, there's two groups of people that turn out. There's the group that are out there genuinely protesting for the cause, the ones that feel so moved by the inciting event that they're risking their life and sparing their time to stand up for what they believe in. The other group is the people who piggy back off a legitimate issue and use it as a cover to participate in behavior that has nothing to do with the crises at hand. And that's what has frustrated me about the ones criticizing the protests using the actions of looters as support for their position. It's two different groups, not one and the same. 

This x100. There is already overwhelming evidence that outside groups (especially "white nationalist", aka neo-nazi groups) have been co-opting and escalating as a way of damaging the BLM cause.

1 hour ago, LÉON said:

Yes, we need to get rid of the dirt who have hopped on the scene for some free handbags and probably don't give a shit about black lives rip1

Well, Historical Moments such as The Tea Boston Party and The French Civil War (not the Revolution) say otherwise. However, it's obvious that some looters are taking advantage of the situation but isn't what people do during chaos (see the Hong Kong riots) ? Should I feel sorry for billionaire companies with poor design ? rav1 I wouldn't do these things but I understand why this is happening.  rav2 

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.