Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

CHANEL #1

Stream to Donate to BLM

Hey everyone. I learned about this through tumblr and wanted to share it on here as I think it's really incredible. I have extremely low funds right now and for many others that also have low funds but would like to donate this is a way to help contribute. This video was created by a black woman named Zoe Amira and is full of black music and art. It's an hour long and has tons of ads. All of the ad money is being donated. Turn off your adblocker, then watch. Support BLM and support black art and music at the same time. Definitely consider going to Zoe's twitter to share her tweet of the video. Not being able to afford to donate doesn't mean you are unable to do anything. 

Here is a link to Zoe's twitter: https://twitter.com/zoeamira1

Here is a link to the tumblr post from which I learned about this: https://poguesgold.tumblr.com/post/619746026049421312/how-to-donate-to-blm-when-you-have-no-money

12 minutes ago, Nino said:

but it only works if you have an american IP or does it even matter to have a certain state IP? 

9 minutes ago, tomás said:

does this need to be with an US IP?

I don't think it should matter where your IP is from as long as you watch all the ads. That's where the money is coming from. I could be wrong as I really don't how international IP's play into ad revenue. It doesn't matter what state your IP is though. Not sure about other countries, though as long as the video is available in your country and you can see the ads I'm assuming revenue will still be made and then donated.

1 minute ago, CHANEL #1 said:

I don't think it should matter where your IP is from as long as you watch all the ads. That's where the money is coming from. I could be wrong as I really don't how international IP's play into ad revenue. It doesn't matter what state your IP is though. Not sure about other countries, though as long as the video is available in your country and you can see the ads I'm assuming revenue will still be made and then donated.

I think so too. All I know is that how longer the ad is, the more money that will be made out of it. I do think ads for the USA are longer & different than the ads they show in the EU, AUS, Asia, etc. 

4 hours ago, CHANEL #1 said:

4 hours ago, Luca said:

I think so too. All I know is that how longer the ad is, the more money that will be made out of it. I do think ads for the USA are longer & different than the ads they show in the EU, AUS, Asia, etc. 

Yeah not sure ether, only asking cause I was watching and a lof of my local businesses ads were playing and I am definite they are not helping the cause. Or do the ads not matter and the video uploader decides where the money from the sponsored ads go to?  

*edited

sorry never mind, googled how it works and yeah, if you click on the ads or watch the add through the uploder gets payed and they decide where the money goes, so it doesent matter where youre from

https://influencermarketinghub.com/how-do-youtubers-get-paid/

sorry, just wanted to make sure my view actually contributes and it doesent benefit something else.

35 minutes ago, Nino said:

maybe u have adblocker?

1 minute ago, CHANEL #1 said:

Yeah, like Nino said, maybe you have adblock on? I have mine turned off and I get two ads before the video even starts.

Yeah, let me check it.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.