Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

LittleDudeNT5

Imperfect Performances You Love Anyway

What are some of Mariah's performances that maybe didn't go so well/perfectly, but you still like them anyway?

I think this is my favorite performance of Can't Take That Away. It wasn't the best day for her, vocally. She didn't have much of a range
and she was really husky/raspy. However, she only lipped just a few seconds and the nature of the vocals somehow fits the song for me?
Not to mention she seemed really at ease the whole time. Sometimes you can tell when she's agitated with her own lack of vocal control
but, she seemed pretty invested in the performance on this one. I also think the moments when she does kill it just feels all the more satisfying
(ex. the held-out note at 3:32)

4 minutes ago, Royale said:

I had this one in mind while writing but I forgot the name of the performance so I went for another Emotions performance. Even when she's sick in her peak she does great! oprah15 

The fact that she went from you got me feeling emotions to inside truly kills me moo2 the only singer who is able to sing in Scripts moo9.

14 hours ago, Tama said:

@Royale This. She sings it like this: you got me feeling emotions

I unironically really love this performance. Her lows are so nice here and for some reason that really stained "you got me feeling emotions" after the first whistle sounds so nice to me. 

I also like this one where I think it's the only time she mostly sang this live? The different vibe her belting this was actually really nice, even if she didn't sound comfortable singing this at all. Promo Charmbraceletriah walked so Tour Charmbraceletriah could RUN

18 hours ago, Billie Frank said:

I think this one is self explanatory. Her confidence and running around the stage made this performance the icon that is is. 

An iconic performance. The little "scatting" she does when she can't hold out out the notes has always really annoyed me laughcry1 But she shined nonetheless! 

15 hours ago, Royale said:

I think she was sick here? or at least recovering from a cold. Plus she dodged some major notes. But I think it was a really good performance nonetheless!

Honestly her high chest here is so good. Probably one of the closest to the studio version, imo. Also I love her seamless improvisation in lieu of the whistle outro. "You got me feelin! So fine, baby!"

46 minutes ago, Strobo said:

I also like this one where I think it's the only time she mostly sang this live? The different vibe her belting this was actually really nice, even if she didn't sound comfortable singing this at all. Promo Charmbraceletriah walked so Tour Charmbraceletriah could RUN

This was cute! I think just the head voice is playback.

15 hours ago, Strobo said:

OMG i've never seen this one before! She slayed, especially the chest parts.

Bumping this again with this

1997 Mariah is so underrated her tone was gorgeous and if you listen real close she actually went for the G5! ((Butterflyriah in general is slept on with live performances tbh))

Came across this the other day, her belting in this is great, even better than the studio version! Also it's so weird seeing her with a pony tail in the 90s.

On 7/9/2020 at 8:11 AM, Strobo said:

Bumping this again with this

1997 Mariah is so underrated her tone was gorgeous and if you listen real close she actually went for the G5! ((Butterflyriah in general is slept on with live performances tbh))

This is so good! I know this is like, the only time she performed Honey completely live. At least during this era. I wish she had more, because she sounded so good here. 

On 7/14/2020 at 6:54 AM, Billie Frank said:

Came across this the other day, her belting in this is great, even better than the studio version! Also it's so weird seeing her with a pony tail in the 90s.

This is my favorite performance of I Still Believe giveup1 Even though she has a little catch in her voice, those belts! Holy shit. They're so loud and resonant. I also love the improvisations she does in this performance in particular – like how long she takes that "I still believe that we can be together" run. And that last "Again" belt is so effortless. 

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.