Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Michael.

Will Gaga surpass Madonna's #1 albums?

Also Michael, I know you do this bc it's really easy to make Madonna stans here fume but... Doesn't Rihanna have like 80 albums and only 1 or 2 went #1 dead4 

4 minutes ago, Gravity said:

Can't believe we have to say this for Gaga of all peoplerip4 

I wasn't wrong though? Gaga's too safe. She relays way too much on the GP's acceptance. 

1 hour ago, Michael. said:

stick to the topic tho

Bimbo

It's probable. But it won't happen anytime soon. Either way it's way too early to fantasize about this becoming a reality when she still needs 4 more #1's or even 5-6 if Madonna releases as well. So congratulations at your future achievement, maybe by then you can celebrate it with your kids. 

SlimyLimitedBighornsheep-size_restricted

3 minutes ago, Jjang said:

They hate to see it, sis. Forever have been and forever will remain in denial. eve1

BUT you cannot deny Lady Gaga's comeback from the near-dead is impressive juicy1 Especially given the generic material juicy1

13 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Keep talking 

giphy.gif

All time Billboard chart: 

#5 Madonna 

#18 Rihanna

#56 Lady Gaga 

oh wow, didnt know it was that close!

Rihanna: 32

Gaga: 34

Madonna: 60+

plenty of decades to make moves

Bimbo

12 minutes ago, hector said:

I wasn't wrong though? Gaga's too safe. She relays way too much on the GP's acceptance. 

Yes I was agreeing. I was saying it's ironic how a person that built her career on controversy at the beginning is basically so safe now.

Just now, Jjang said:

Not you thinking Gaga will enter BB's all time top 5. The next level delusion I-  burn1

no, I cant see 30 years into the future but id say its logical to say that the artist with the current #1 270k selling album AND #1 single in the country def has a shot! 

Bimbo

16 minutes ago, hector said:

Because "Bitch I'm Madonna" did good things for Madonna's legacy

cbxv6ST.gif

Anyways Gaga did have controversy; She was straight-up banned in several places over "Judas" and other religious and/or political moments in BTW era, and she was considered a flop by ARTPOP era; And yet... ARTPOP still went #1!

cbxv6ST.gif

54 minutes ago, Kristina said:

Not Madonna having only 9 after like 40 years in the business rip4

39 minutes ago, Kristina said:

Well considering she's apparently the "queen of pop" it's not very impressive to me hottie1

MJ was active in the music industry for 45 years and has only five #1 albums. Albums back then weren't reaching #1 the first week so they can drop off the chart the next week, they had longevity and decent decline week by week. Don't confuse #1s with sales, now it's easier to get #1s but they don't mean much.

f9h7kY.gif

I mean, The Immaculate Collection peaked at #2 and has sell more copies in US than all the studio albums released by Lady Gaga combined.

f9h7kY.gif

6 minutes ago, Venom said:

cbxv6ST.gif

Anyways Gaga did have controversy; She was straight-up banned in several places over "Judas" and other religious and/or political moments in BTW era, and she was considered a flop by ARTPOP era; And yet... ARTPOP still went #1!

cbxv6ST.gif

You completely missed my point. What I said is that Gaga IS safe as hell now. Especially after the wreck that was Artpop so she would never have a slight controversy or anything that would make the GP think something like "Oh... She did that?" That's why she keeps feeding her gay fan base "weird" aesthetics but even there, she's safe.

Doesn't everybody have no.1 albums these days?  sia2 

Will Shawn Mendes end mighty pop legends with his albums?  shock1 

In the past, artists were climbing the charts to reach no.1. In the streaming era, albums debut at no.1 and then go to oblivion. jj3 

Anyway, I will take anytime masterpieces like Erotica and Ray of Light that weren't no.1. in USA over some latest no.1 albums without substance. mad2 

Crap albums could be no.1, but they are still crap. jj2 

And why are we focused so much on USA lately? eve1 Madonna had so many hit singles and albums  in the world through three decades consecutively, that nobody can compete with.  bey11

Just now, Gilly said:

no, I cant see 30 years into the future but id say its logical to say that the artist with the current #1 270k selling album AND #1 single in the country def has a shot! 

Bimbo

It's literally not logical tho, not when those numbers are below all MPG / MPB's numbers and it won't have their longevity either. Too bad the scam tour bundles, thong sales and the charity streams Ari/BP gave her didn't help. 

tumblr_mu0o8gNVZE1qmhggvo1_500.gif

9 minutes ago, Venom said:

cbxv6ST.gif

cbxv6ST.gif

Lady Gaga wouldn't have manage to survive Erotica or American Life controversies pls. fall4 Actually not any other FOTP fave would've manage to survive them.

16 minutes ago, Jjang said:

It's literally not logical tho, not when those numbers are below all MPG / MPB's numbers and it won't have their longevity either. Too bad the scam tour bundles, thong sales and the charity streams Ari/BP gave her didn't help. 

tumblr_mu0o8gNVZE1qmhggvo1_500.gif

Take it to billboard, I dont make the rules. 

Bimbo

19 minutes ago, SeekingThrill said:

And why are we focused so much on USA lately? eve1 Madonna had so many hit singles and albums  in the world through three decades consecutively, that nobody can compete with.  bey11

The focus on the USA is probably because it's the largest music market. I agree though, it's like saying Kylie never had any relevancy because she never properly cracked the US market, it's a flawed argument as Kylie is clearly one of the most recognised pop stars of all time. 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.