Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Kylie

I want to get into K-Pop....

....but where do I start? There's so much to choose from. A little bit of background information: I have always said that I hate K-Pop, but after listening to Sour Candy/Kiss & Make Up, I want to give it (another) fair shot. Maybe I judgded to early. But there is so much too choose from, so many artists, so many songs. So I want to ask you guys: what are artists/albums/songs I should definetly listen to? I figured out that I might start with BLACKPINK, but what else? jj2 

3, 2, 1, SPILL!

This is what got me into Kpop: 

DNA - BTS

Boy with luv - BTS

Further discovered:
Crazy, sexy, cool - Astro

Breathe - ZE:A

Chewing gum - NCT dream (it reminds me of 90's bubblegum pop)

Slow ballads: 

Lonely - Jonghyun

Love song - Henry Lau

Beautiful - Crush

I'm a new kpop fan myself so still got a lot more to discover moo1 

Red Velvet has one of the best discographies in kpop . Their notable albums: The Perfect Velvet, The ReVe Festival Finale, RBB, The Red

Wonder Girls also has amazing albums like Reboot which is considered one of the best kpop albums.

F(x) is also considered a group with great discography and all their 4 full albums are great: Pinocchio, Pink Tape, Red Light, 4 walls

And also if you wanna listen to boy groups too I recommend EXO since they have the best discography in kpop imo

NCT 127 another boy group has some great albums too especially their most recent Neo Zone

5 minutes ago, STJ said:

This is what got me into Kpop: 

DNA - BTS

Boy with luv - BTS

Further discovered:
Crazy, sexy, cool - Astro

Breathe - ZE:A

Chewing gum - NCT dream (it reminds me of 90's bubblegum pop)

Slow ballads: 

Lonely - Jonghyun

Love song - Henry Lau

Beautiful - Crush

I'm a new kpop fan myself so still got a lot more to discover moo1 

4 minutes ago, Ariana said:

Listen to Red Velvet! gaga1

This song brought back my love for Kpop gaga1

https://youtu.be/uR8Mrt1IpXg

1 minute ago, Gravity said:

Red Velvet has one of the best discographies in kpop . Their notable albums: The Perfect Velvet, The ReVe Festival Finale, RBB

Wonder Girls also has amazing albums like Reboot which is considered one of the best kpop albums.

F(x) is also considered a group with great discography and all their 4 full albums are great: Pinocchio, Pink Tape, Red Light, 4 walls

And also if you wanna listen to boy groups too I recommend EXO since they have the best discography in kpop imo

NCT 127 another boy group has some great albums too especially their most recent Neo Zone

Thank you! rose1 I will start with Red Velvet I guess, I'm not really into male singers (no sexism sorry) so I'll start with the zadies

2 minutes ago, Royalty said:

Thank you! rose1 I will start with Red Velvet I guess, I'm not really into male singers (no sexism sorry) so I'll start with the zadies

That's understandable, I rarely listen to male singers in the western market moo1

3 minutes ago, Royalty said:

I think once you start and look up songs on YouTube/ Spotify you'll get sucked in and figure out what you like.

1 minute ago, STJ said:

That's understandable, I rarely listen to male singers in the western market moo1

Same! I like the Weeknd but that's it lol3 but I will isten to the male K-Pop singers you recommended, maybe they're good!

5 minutes ago, Royalty said:

OKAY BUT THIS IS A FUCKING BOP oprah15 

showcasing good taste already omg hello rose1 they're not active rn but their discography remains timeless and worth getting into! similar groups to SNSD that i'd recommend for getting started into kpop are Red Velvet, BLACKPINK, TWICE and f(x)! you could check out some random bops from each and figure out which is your fave rose1

28 minutes ago, Hyun. said:

showcasing good taste already omg hello rose1 they're not active rn but their discography remains timeless and worth getting into! similar groups to SNSD that i'd recommend for getting started into kpop are Red Velvet, BLACKPINK, TWICE and f(x)! you could check out some random bops from each and figure out which is your fave rose1

Thank you cry0 I'm using the This Is... playlists right now! I like red velvet yas2 

3 hours ago, Royalty said:

OKAY BUT THIS IS A FUCKING BOP oprah15 

snsd has a CLASSIC and timeless discography... a great entry into kpop rose1 

but for some other easily digestable kpop, i highly recommend Ailee rose1 she's a solo artist and her music is pop PERFECTION rose1 

Just now, Merryem said:

snsd has a CLASSIC and timeless discography... a great entry into kpop rose1 

but for some other easily digestable kpop, i highly recommend Ailee rose1 she's a solo artist and her music is pop PERFECTION rose1 

Why is Girl Generation called SNAD? shock2 

3 minutes ago, Merryem said:

i think it's just an acronym for their korean name, kind of like BTS dead2 

Oh wat1 

1 minute ago, Hyun. said:

SoNyeoShiDae which is the korean for "Girls' Generation" whit2

Aaaaaah! I get it yas2 Paparazzi bop of the century

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.